Andro Dunos 2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Steven

Re: Andro Dunos 2

Post by Steven »

BrianC wrote:Is this two different versions? "Fintail" is misspelled in the bottom image.
That's actually from the Steam page. It is spelled Fintail in the actual PC version, and it also looks much better than that, so I'm guessing it's just prerelease weirdness.

Actually, I looked again and it's not scaled properly in that Steam screenshot, which is likely why it looks odd. Proper scaling is important.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Received my 3DS copy today! :D
I spent an hour or so with it after work, so I've only seen the first 3 stages so far.
If anyone is interested - stereoscopic effect is nice though nothing fancy. Pretty reserved compared to stuff like Nano Assault EX or even Steel Empire.
The second screen shows only a pixelated view of the cockpit which is a wasted opportunity imho. I was hoping for some game related info or story pieces. In the end, no big deal I guess.
Plays surprisingly well with the circle pad.
First impressions - nice one. I'm very happy with it!
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Wild that it's on 3DS of all places. Way past it's life span. That thing finally getting a good, new STG after a decade of basically nothing is really funny.
Barring Wii VC, I don't understand why Nintendo consoles had the shittiest selection of STG's between SNES and Switch. I always wanted one for my XL... :c
Firehawke

Post by Firehawke »

Well, I picked it up today on Steam. Seems pretty good, about what I'd expect of Picorinne. It's got their usual "this isn't quite as polished as it could be," too-- the key mapping and options menu stuff is a mess.

Really not a hell of a lot to say, it's extremely competent. Not sure if I'd call it $20 competent, but it's definitely $10 competent.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Necronom wrote:Received my 3DS copy today! :D
I spent an hour or so with it after work, so I've only seen the first 3 stages so far.
If anyone is interested - stereoscopic effect is nice though nothing fancy. Pretty reserved compared to stuff like Nano Assault EX or even Steel Empire.
The second screen shows only a pixelated view of the cockpit which is a wasted opportunity imho. I was hoping for some game related info or story pieces. In the end, no big deal I guess.
Plays surprisingly well with the circle pad.
First impressions - nice one. I'm very happy with it!
A shame the stereoscopics aren’t too impressive, that’s the main thing that makes it unique from other versions.

Couple of things: I had no idea this was shipping already. I only ordered it three days ago from the Pixelheart site and it was noted as preorder. Why would it say that if they were shipping now?

The speed of shipping makes me think whatever issues Picorinne had with the Switch version might be present in the 3DS version, with no chance of an update. Have you noticed anything? I’m guessing it’s full screen?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I ordered from PixelHeart 5 days ago, and it wasn't listed as a preorder then. In fact at the time it said there were 200 something left in stock.

However, they still haven't shipped it yet. That is regrettable, because last time I ordered from them I had the game a few days later.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Just ordered the 3DS and Switch versions!

As of this morning (March 30) it says they have ~1,000 of the 3DS version and ~200 of the standard Switch version left. I have a feeling this 3DS version is gonna be one of those Ketsui Death Label sort of things that becomes impossible to find later on.

I had no idea this was available on Pixelheart so I get to cancel my Play-Asia pre-order now!
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
BloodHawk

Post by BloodHawk »

The status of my Switch order on PixelHeart has been "In Delivering" for a few days now, no email notification or anything yet.

I already picked this up on Steam in the meantime though so I am not in a huge rush to get it.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

I'm enjoying it on ps4 great sound & feel

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
heli

Post by heli »

Order Status: Pre-order
While the main page says backorder.
Ordered one year ago.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Got my Switch copy today. I was quite a bit surprised, as I didn’t receive any mail announcing the delivery at all, and when I looked at my order status just yesterday, it said something vague that didn’t point to the product being shipped already.

I only played a couple of credits, but the game seems very solid, easily of the same quality as Infinos Gaiden. I haven’t settled on a weapon I like yet. Powering up several at the same time seems to leave me with all of them being too weak.

Game looks fine to me. What was it again that’s supposed to be wrong with the scaling?
Steven

Post by Steven »

Herr Schatten wrote:I haven’t settled on a weapon I like yet. Powering up several at the same time seems to leave me with all of them being too weak.
Yeah, I tried that too, but eventually I tried the green laser and I think that's easily the best weapon in the game for most situations, so I try to get that to max somewhere around the beginning of stage 2.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Herr Schatten wrote: I only played a couple of credits, but the game seems very solid, easily of the same quality as Infinos Gaiden. I haven’t settled on a weapon I like yet. Powering up several at the same time seems to leave me with all of them being too weak.

Game looks fine to me. What was it again that’s supposed to be wrong with the scaling?
Honestly, I don't know what all the complaints are about. On the Visco title screen that opens, if you look at the small text you can see the scaling is slightly out. But in-game it's hardly a glaring issue. It's due to be updated very soon anyway.

For your weaponry, it all comes in handy, on certain sections and later bosses. What I do is put emphasis on powering up the wave shot and the main one (the most powerful one that cancels out bullets with the hyper), and let them reach level 3 or 4 first, and then start trying to bring the others up to the same levels. However, it's worth noting if you think you can do without sheild or missile upgrades, you can let them cycle around the screen until they change to weapon power ups.
heli wrote:Order Status: Pre-order
While the main page says backorder.
Ordered one year ago.
Did you order the US 3DS version? The EU is shipping now, but I spoke to Pixelheart and the US one isn't ready to go yet.

heli

Post by heli »

PS4 EU
mulletgeezer

Post by mulletgeezer »

For anybody still wondering why there are ten stages in stage select - there are two special stages. The first is unlocked by completing Boss Rush from stage select, there's no need to complete the other stages though. Completing the first special stage unlocks another one. It's worth the effort as the second special stage is rather good.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Skykid wrote:
Did you order the US 3DS version? The EU is shipping now, but I spoke to Pixelheart and the US one isn't ready to go yet.
Can you ask them where the hell the dreamcast version is?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Johnpv wrote:
Skykid wrote:
Can you ask them where the hell the dreamcast version is?
I didn't ask them about it as I was waiting on a US 3DS version. You can open a ticket on Pixelheart.eu, but be warned they take a good while to answer.

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Herr Schatten wrote:Got my Switch copy today. I was quite a bit surprised, as I didn’t receive any mail announcing the delivery at all, and when I looked at my order status just yesterday, it said something vague that didn’t point to the product being shipped already.
Hopefully that's true for mine as well. Because it's almost three weeks since I ordered mine for Switch, and according to my account page they still haven't bothered shipping it, which is pretty shitty service for people ordering a game on release.
thegreathopper

Post by thegreathopper »

Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon UK, £25 shipped!
Fight war not wars
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Damn. The release date for Play Asia got bumped to the end of the month.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

mulletgeezer wrote:For anybody still wondering why there are ten stages in stage select - there are two special stages. The first is unlocked by completing Boss Rush from stage select, there's no need to complete the other stages though. Completing the first special stage unlocks another one. It's worth the effort as the second special stage is rather good.
Thnx

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Sumez wrote: Hopefully that's true for mine as well. Because it's almost three weeks since I ordered mine for Switch, and according to my account page they still haven't bothered shipping it, which is pretty shitty service for people ordering a game on release.
...aaaand the game was there in the mailbox when I got home.

dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

mulletgeezer wrote:For anybody still wondering why there are ten stages in stage select - there are two special stages. The first is unlocked by completing Boss Rush from stage select, there's no need to complete the other stages though. Completing the first special stage unlocks another one. It's worth the effort as the second special stage is rather good.
I completed stage 7 &8 in stage select but boss rush not appearing in stage select? Just stage 1-7
Any tips?
Final stage is the one that rushes you thru til boss yeah?

hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Creamy Goodness wrote:Damn. The release date for Play Asia got bumped to the end of the month.
Got the confirmation that mine shipped from Play Asia yesterday.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

hamfighterx wrote:
Creamy Goodness wrote:Damn. The release date for Play Asia got bumped to the end of the month.
Got the confirmation that mine shipped from Play Asia yesterday.
Same here, but it has been showing as in the warehouse for a few weeks. Thought it may have been more of a coincidence that it was shipping at the same time as my Pocky and Rocky order. Now the race begins to see what gets delivered first.
heli

Post by heli »

I have the PS4 version in house, gonna play now!
heli

Post by heli »

Finally a good game, i like it, also good music, it does have some control issues :
You can not assign the weapon change buttons, and you can not assign a weapon to a button, thats why i die all the time ?
So i assigned fire to triangle, now i have all buttons in a row, still bad, dont they have arcade stick themselfs ?, i guess not.
Then i see : press fire button while they mean press X ?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

heli wrote:Finally a good game, i like it, also good music, it does have some control issues :
You can not assign the weapon change buttons, and you can not assign a weapon to a button, thats why i die all the time ?
So i assigned fire to triangle, now i have all buttons in a row, still bad, dont they have arcade stick themselfs ?, i guess not.
Then i see : press fire button while they mean press X ?

I didn't find the pre-sets for basic Shot and Power Shot to be a problem as there are plenty of options, but the weapon cycling is indeed a chore. I get some hand cramps trying to stretch my hand across to hit the L1 and R1 buttons on my stick, and do hope they patch in button remapping support at some point.

Glad to see someone playing this one though! It's such a great game, and it's just been radio silence on the forum. I keep near-missing my 1CC and then getting busy with work again so it's on my "THIS WEEKEND GOTTA GET BACK!" list.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
heli

Post by heli »

Those bosses take way to long.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

heli wrote:Those bosses take way to long.
Try unloading that burst attack into their face whenever possible.