ZeroRanger twitter posts new artwork

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zaxdar

ZeroRanger twitter posts new artwork

Post by Zaxdar »

https://twitter.com/System_erasure/stat ... 8670433280

could this be a tease for a possible ZeroRanger sequel? whatever this is, im hyped
EmperorIng

Re: ZeroRanger twitter posts new artwork

Post by EmperorIng »

perhaps a reminder that they are still working on those hard mode and easy mode additions promised so long ago. I'm here waiting!
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
jedinat

Post by jedinat »

The game is slightly on sale on steam right now.
WarpedByTheNHK

Post by WarpedByTheNHK »

I have been waiting for this. The description makes it sound more like speedy classic shmup style mode, but I can't wait to try it and find out.

It looks like they added a pseudo achievement system (including a scoring based rank system?) and unlockable artwork.
WarpZone

Post by WarpZone »

The newest version is also already available on itch without DRM (same price as Steam):
https://system-erasure.itch.io/zeroranger
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Holy shit we are not worthy. The new mode basically makes a near perfect game that much more near perfect.

I guess the best way to describe it would be like a Caravan/Black Label. There is definitely new music and some new BG's. I don't want to say exactly what happens during it, but it is awesome, a lot of fun, and has definitely rekindled my desire to play ZR.

I can't fathom liking shooters and not owning this game. Especially now.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Indeed, this new mode is loads of fun to play as. Hey OP, please update the thread title!

The new tweaks make it a fun standalone mode to play in its own right, especially since I don't always feel like going through the whole 2 loop experience to get a taste for the game again. I hope there are a number of secrets and tricks to uncover on top of the ones I've found so far (e.g. the bonus stage portions - or are those always there?).
Wooph

Post by Wooph »

The original game already had really good pacing. This new mode is basically non-stop action and I love it.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Took this as an opportunity to finally buy ZR and wow, am I regretting being skeptical about it for so long. Best tribute game ever made?