Psikyo Shooting Stars NA version

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NOAH

Psikyo Shooting Stars NA version

Post by NOAH »

Hey, everyone. Long time no post.

I bought both of these thinking modern emulation would provide at least a decent experience. I bought them second hand as I didn’t want to pay full retail, Alpha was open and Bravo was sealed. So I tried Alpha first and was surprised by the product, and not in a good way.

I really don’t care at all about features, which seemed to be the biggest gripe from reviewers. The problem I had was with lag and video quality. Display options do not allow changes in centering and have two filters: shitty and shitty with scan lines. There’s nothing that provides crisp pixelation and the picture is very dull in most games, though Zero Gunner 2 converts better than others. The lag in the games I played was bad, real bad.

Curious if there’s some kind of update I’m missing or is this the end product? Reviewers seemed to ignore these problems on a grand scale, makes me wonder if these people have any idea how these are supposed to perform.
BrianC

Re: Psikyo Shooting Stars NA version

Post by BrianC »

There were a few other posts about the lag. The individual versions of the games games received various updates (some more than others), but the input lag was never fixed.