Getting back to shmups

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Wolfexer

Getting back to shmups

Post by Wolfexer »

So after a long hiatus after my burn out with shmups (i didn't play for about a 1.5 years) i got back into it, but i wonder how much have i missed.
I would be really grateful if someone could tell me about the biggest releases and happenings in the community.
ShotOfSelf

Re: Getting back to shmups

Post by ShotOfSelf »

M2 are the only company I care about at the moment, their ports are the best, I've bought Ketsui, Battle Garegga and Esp Ra De. They're also working on a brand new game, Senjin, I think. Whatever the name it's gonna be great! For happenings in the shmup community watch Gus' AGDQ Mushihime-sama Futari Ultra run: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/533026710?t=0h10m28s

And just last week I found out about a Megadrive port of Darius 1 that came out on the Sega Mini Console, nice surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp06WFtkSV0

I've got nothing else so let's see what everyone else has to say...
DrTrouserPlank wrote: I don't see how I can get any better. The reason I am not improving is because I am as good as it is possible to be.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

You're in luck, as these last couple of years have seen a great resurgence for the genre! Both the PS4 and Switch have gotten quite a good number of releases, both physical and digital, and there's even more on the horizon. Welcome back, and enjoy!
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Wolfexer

Post by Wolfexer »

Good to hear about the new releases (:
I'll try to 1cc something this week (don't know what yet) i will post about that, wish me luck.