Strikers 1945 Marquee

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
teknix1

Strikers 1945 Marquee

Post by teknix1 »

Hi,

I love Psikyo's Strikers 1945 series, I actually own a cabinet with Strikers 1945 I & II but the marquee that came with it was a poster cut down to size of just the name of the game. I'd love to upgrade that to an actual marquee of the game art and title. I've been searching online for places to buy an original or reproduction marquee, but all I could find were either damaged originals or reproductions with really faded graphics. There seems to be a few variations of the 26x8 marquee between the two games, some of the ones for the later game show the roman numerals II in red, others in blue. I'd be quite happy with a reproduction but not with faded colors, they just look so dull compared to all the bright colors of all the other titles.

So I'm left with just a few options; wait for a better reproduction to appear in a store somewhere (Do you know a place?), or find a high resolution scan and try to enhance the colors. I've seen posters of the game that seemed in good enough quality and colors, maybe I could photoshop together marquee from assembling those scanned graphics. Would anyone have any graphics required for this project? I can't seem to find anything online. I would need at least 300dpi.

Thanks
Nic