Dodonpachi Resurrection for android?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
asdronin

Dodonpachi Resurrection for android?

Post by asdronin »

Hi all,
I have to confess i never liked much android games, mainly due to controls but well you know its many things, the other day a friend mentioned Dodonpachi Resurrection which was released on android, i never tried it nor know anyone who did try, so i thought well lets see, but i see no evidence of it in google store, in fact Cave only sells shmups music there and jn Steam its Pc version, anyone know where i can find the game? Not even lite version can be found but Cave still do exist so its a bit odd. Thanks for any clue about this =)
reckon luck

Re: Dodonpachi Resurrection for android?

Post by reckon luck »

You're out of luck, for now at least. Years back Cave had a selection of ports for iOS and Android including Resurrection. They all went defunct after a while, iOS being stuck on 32bit devices and Android were pulled from the store entirely. A few months back Cave updated some of the iOS ports, so there's a slim chance they'll bring things back to Android too, eventually.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Unfortunately, lost forever.

You can, however, play Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, Mushihimesama etc on android if you have a high end phone, through Retroarch and mame(2014) core. I made a topic detailing how this can be done.
asdronin

Post by asdronin »

Thanks for the information Reckon luck =), I had no idea it was like that, maybe there is luck and they decide to put them up again, makes me wonder why they pulled them out, i mean even though some devices might have troubles running these games they could still set a certain type of device as valid

El_rika, thanks for the information, I will have a look at the topic you made, will be very useful =)
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

asdronin wrote:Thanks for the information Reckon luck =), I had no idea it was like that, maybe there is luck and they decide to put them up again, makes me wonder why they pulled them out
For whatever reason, Cave didn't do their own ports to Android. Those were by G-Gee, who closed up shop a few years ago and delisted all their apps when they did. Pretty sure that means Cave never had the code/rights to the Android versions to begin with, so they'd probably have to port them fresh instead of just updating the apps like they did with the iOS versions. :/