Anyone remember Thexder?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
awbacon

Anyone remember Thexder?

Post by awbacon »

https://youtu.be/2EqnaDkSRbE

A few weeks back I asked for help identifying a model from a 3DO M2 demo I had gotten running on real hardware, and it’s definitely Thexder, so I updated the vid with new info.

I still don’t know a developer though. Anyone recall any mentions / magazine rumors or a new Thexder game back in 96-98. Might have even been a potential DC game...who knows. But it’s hard to try to start hunting for a lost alpha w/o a dev lead.

Either way some people on here guessed at what the model may have been, so thanks everyone for the help!
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Re: Anyone remember Thexder?

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

that was pretty neato. i've always been curious to try thexder, but i've still yet to get around to doing so. had no idea there were two remakes =O

anyway, your channel looks like it has got some cOol stuff on it, so i subbed :]
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
awbacon

Re: Anyone remember Thexder?

Post by awbacon »

BrainΦΠΦTemple wrote:that was pretty neato. i've always been curious to try thexder, but i've still yet to get around to doing so. had no idea there were two remakes =O

anyway, your channel looks like it has got some cOol stuff on it, so i subbed :]
Glad you liked it!

Now I wish I could just figure out what dev was working on Thexder for the M2