Capcom Home Arcade Progear?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
KindGrind

Capcom Home Arcade Progear?

Post by KindGrind »

I was looking into playing Progear in a very near future. Is the rom on the Capcom Home Arcade well emulated? Is the darn thing worth buying? Input appreciated!
Muchos años después, frente al pelotón de fusilamiento...
Gamer707b

Re: Capcom Home Arcade Progear?

Post by Gamer707b »

not the answer you're looking for, but there are a few reviews on youtube that go into some detail.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

How well does FBA emulate Progear? The makers of the stick were upfront about it using FBA.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

About the same as mame (though i think it is a bit choppier). Also the emulated CPU speed is still not 100% right (on top of that it uses older FBA code, before adjustable clock was added to the CPS2 driver).
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

There is some improvements coming for that if I understood correctly (clock speed adjustments) in addition to general improvements to things like input lag, scanlines etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/CapcomHomeArca ... egathread/
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

KindGrind wrote:I was looking into playing Progear in a very near future. Is the rom on the Capcom Home Arcade well emulated? Is the darn thing worth buying? Input appreciated!
Haven't actually used one, but it's got 3 things going against it for me. 1, it's expensive. 2, it looks cramped and uncomfortable to play on. 3, limited number of games. I'd stick with one of the dozens of other ways you can emulate it. Hopefully Capcom ports Progear over to consoles at some point so more people can enjoy it.