Space invaders Invincible Collection

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ms. Tea

Re: Space invaders Invincible Collection

Post by Ms. Tea »

BrianC wrote:(emulation done by Gotch, telling from credits)
Would you mind snapping a screenshot of the credits? I'd love to know who worked on this.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Ms. Tea wrote:
Would you mind snapping a screenshot of the credits? I'd love to know who worked on this.
I'll see what I can do. Edit: I got most of it, but I botched part of the Taito credits.

edit: Here's the gotch part of the credits:

Taito part:

Gigamax staff:
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

After messaging play asia today, it's finally getting ready to ship. It was on hold because it weighed more than they expected, so had to upgrade the shipping I already paid. Guessing the plates add a lot lol the description says it's 2.3kg, so just over 5 pounds.
Hopefully it does not get quarantined but it's not a priority compared to some things now and I'm prepared to be patient.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Is it a good or bad thing being Gotch the ones that have made the emulation
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

BrianC wrote:
Ms. Tea wrote:
I'll see what I can do. Edit: I got most of it, but I botched part of the Taito credits.
Thank you so much!
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

Mine shipped a few days ago via fed ex and is probably, miraculously, going to get delivered tomorrow. I will try to post pics when I can. Got two kiddos at home so not unpacking the fancy stuff around them lol
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Emulation seems to be spot on, though the lack of overlays for SI is slightly disappointing.I also bought the Saturn version. Bare bones, but aspect ratio is closer to the arcade than the snes version. I was surprised to find out the JP PSX version had two later budget releases that added more modes.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

BrianC wrote:Emulation seems to be spot on, though the lack of overlays for SI is slightly disappointing.I also bought the Saturn version. Bare bones, but aspect ratio is closer to the arcade than the snes version. I was surprised to find out the JP PSX version had two later budget releases that added more modes.
Yeah it seems pretty accurate. Loving it. Never played arkanoid vd space Invaders before, enjoying that despite having a mobile game feel on a console lol.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Here's the missing infomation from the taito part:

I also missed the very end of the credits:
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Thank you!
Skeet

Post by Skeet »

Has anyone bought the Japanese eshop version? It's on sale right there now for less than $50. I'm thinking about it. I setup a Jap account on my Switch but I've yet to buy anything.

I have most of these games in some form or another. I'd be buying this mainly for Gigamax and Arkanoid.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

I'd highly suggest getting it. It's a great collection even if you have the games already. You can Tate it and there are online rankings and challenge modes for most of the games.
Skeet

Post by Skeet »

Just bought it off the Japanese eshop. Downloading now. First time Jap purchase for me.
velo

Post by velo »

If I wait it out for the western release (if there is one?), what would be the difference from buying the Japanese one? Different leader boards, anything?
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Stricty limited is going to launch it overseas wich are good news.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

They mentioned there's also going to be a non-limited retail version that has less games on it. Kinda weird; is that going to be a cheaper release with DLC for the missing games or soemthing? https://mailchi.mp/strictlylimitedgames ... a8d8029fbf

EDIT: Looks like I misread the game list. SLG's got all the games from the Japanese LE listed, including its three bonus games. Guess that means even their regular version includes the full list of games. Probably means the retail version from someone else will be missing those three.
Last edited by Ms. Tea on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Taito's releases have been very odd lately and it appears this is no different from SLG.

Still no Infinity Gene on there, my favorite of the newer Space Invaders games. Guess I'll just keep playing it on my Xbox One then.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Mortificator wrote:Space Invaders '95 is a pretty significant omission as well.
Yeah, it's a bit of a head-scratcher that this has never been ported. It's not just some odd curiosity or distraction but one of the very strongest entries in the series' extensive catalogue.
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

^ Space Invaders 95 is part of Space Invaders Pocket collection PSP.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Ah, cheers for that! I forgot that collection existed. I haven't used my PSP for anything other than Dariusburst and Elminage Original in years so it'll be nice to play something 'new' on it. :)

Edit: it's on Taito Legends 2 as well, of course. I was talking shite!
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Strictly Limited opened up preorders for their physical copies; three versions, a regular edition and two different LEs. https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/ ... e-invaders
Special World

Post by Special World »

So are there any real bangers in this collection? I haven’t really played anything other than the original and 95.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Special World wrote:So are there any real bangers in this collection? I haven’t really played anything other than the original and 95.
Majestic Twelve and Space Invaders Extreme are the two big ones IMO. Arkanoid vs. SI is nice too, but it's a straight up mobile port with touch screen only controls and lower resolution than the mobile versions.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Space Invaders Extreme is a must play, IMO.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

JP physical version updated. Games previously available only in the limited edition are now available to play. Space Cyclone, Lunar Rescue, and Space Invaders DX. English text was added in the previous update.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

BrianC wrote:JP physical version updated. Games previously available only in the limited edition are now available to play. Space Cyclone, Lunar Rescue, and Space Invaders DX. English text was added in the previous update.

Good look! I'm not sad about not getting the LE anymore!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:
BrianC wrote:JP physical version updated. Games previously available only in the limited edition are now available to play. Space Cyclone, Lunar Rescue, and Space Invaders DX. English text was added in the previous update.

Good look! I'm not sad about not getting the LE anymore!
Not sure what you mean. Special Edition with all games is still available in physical. I think this update was made because of the SE. I have the JP regular and I noticed an update and when I checked the game, Space Cyclone, Lunar Rescue, and SI DX were playable. Hopefully, this isn't a mistake that goes away in another patch.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

It's intentional:

https://spaceinvaders-jp.translate.goog ... ax,nv,elem

No idea if Google Translate page URLs stay valid

I got the Strictly Limited version with these already included. Had a tonne of fun with Lunar Rescue, really nice little game - good to see some of these come out of total obscurity!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Thanks for the link. I have played Lunar Rescue before in another collection. Fun game.