Announcing ShmupSaga: Dodonpachi (Live on Twitch 11/9/19)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
EmperorIng

Re: Announcing ShmupSaga: Dodonpachi (Live on Twitch 11/9/19

Post by EmperorIng »

It was a lot of fun to watch different players attack the game in varying ways. You had WR-tier, all the way down to scrubby survive-at-all-costs :wink: Props to you for putting this together; it gives some hope of accomplishment for us less-skilled players.
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

Didn't have time to watch more than hour when you were live, but what I saw was great and I'm definitely going to watch the whole thing when I have time. I can see there was a lot of work to put this together, but I think it was worth it and fun thing to watch for shmup fans for years to come. Hopefully some day you have the drive and energy to do others in similar format.

My experience of Dodonpachi is limited to few occasions when I have played the real thing in a local arcade. Great game definitely, but after watching this I pulled the trigger and ordered Instant Brain with the hidden Dodonpachi as it was cheap and I happen to own japanese x360. It's barebones yes, but it's for occasional fun (if I would be seriously considered digging into it, I would have considered other options of course).
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Hey my dudes!

Thank your for the words of encouragement :-D I think it turned out really well, so I'm glad to hear people will be checking out the video :-) It definitely was a ton of work to put together, ha.

Cheers!