The First Ever No Damage Star Fox Run *Update*

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mortificator

Re: The First Ever No Damage Star Fox Run *Update*

Post by Mortificator »

You'll never defeat Androsssss- oh wait, you did, congratulations.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Video turned out amazing! It was really fun hopping on and doing commentary :-D
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Congratulations on the no-damage run! It was pretty intense at some parts and it's quite impressive that you still went for the bullet reflection at some parts despite the input/framerate issues.
And nice commentary from the both of you. It's interesting to have the perspective of you two and your comparisons between this game and the N64 one. The latter seems to have added so many things that I can see how the simplicity and arcade-y nature of the original Starfox can feel refreshing, and the style of music does reflect that too, with a grandiose movie-style soundtrack on one side versus more videogame tunes on the other one.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Aggro Sky

Post by Aggro Sky »

M.Knight wrote:Congratulations on the no-damage run! It was pretty intense at some parts and it's quite impressive that you still went for the bullet reflection at some parts despite the input/framerate issues.
And nice commentary from the both of you. It's interesting to have the perspective of you two and your comparisons between this game and the N64 one. The latter seems to have added so many things that I can see how the simplicity and arcade-y nature of the original Starfox can feel refreshing, and the style of music does reflect that too, with a grandiose movie-style soundtrack on one side versus more videogame tunes on the other one.
Thanks so much for watching! And yeah, some runs I did more bullet reflection than others. This one I actually did quite a bit because I was feeling confident, so I figured I'd go for it. But yeah, there is a certain charm to the original Star Fox, part of that is the simplicity of it being a straight forward shooter, which I personally love. Star Fox 64 is great too, but there is just so much more going on in comparison. Nothing wrong with that either of course, just depends on your taste.