shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: how to play DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label non emulated?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:10 pm 

i have been only reading about how to play arcade games from home on a CRT but how can this game be played without MAME? i dont want to use mame.
i can see there is a JAMMA pcb for $6500 USD which is crazy. is there a non emulated alternative to the official pcb?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: how to play DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label non emula
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:22 pm 

The game is available on Steam as Dodonpachi Resurrection, and it includes the Black Label mode

You can also get it on 360, though its a little more split up there, there's a European DDP Resurrection release but you have to buy Black Label as separate DLC (which requires a European XBL account to purchase), but you can import the Japanese releases of which there is a standalone DFK Black Label disc release or again, as DLC for the DFK 1.5 disc release (which then requires a JP XBL account to purchase)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:03 pm 

drunkninja24 wrote:
The game is available on Steam as Dodonpachi Resurrection, and it includes the Black Label mode

You can also get it on 360, though its a little more split up there, there's a European DDP Resurrection release but you have to buy Black Label as separate DLC (which requires a European XBL account to purchase), but you can import the Japanese releases of which there is a standalone DFK Black Label disc release or again, as DLC for the DFK 1.5 disc release (which then requires a JP XBL account to purchase)

i understand the standalone release is region locked which is a shame. so youre saying theres no "arcade alternative" to the official pcb/mame, right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:08 pm 

Couldn't you just get the Steam version and a CRT VGA monitor and play it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:11 pm 

If the official PC and 360 releases aren't what you are looking for, can you give an example of what you would consider an acceptable arcade alternative?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:14 pm 

Jeneki wrote:
If the official PC and 360 releases aren't what you are looking for, can you give an example of what you would consider an acceptable arcade alternative?

sorry if i wasnt clear but im probably going to get banned for asking this. i have seen when people enter the arcade scene they show mame vs jamma stuff. can this jamma thing be loaded with daifukkatsu black label? and given that this might be my last message on this forum, it was nice knowing you guys. gg.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:23 pm 

Are you thinking of something like the PGM converts ? no, that sort of stuff is of exception and DFK is not running on the same hardware.

It's like he says, either get the PC or 360 port and a VGA monitor, or even a downscaler and a 15khz CRT.
(IIRC the slowdowns accuracy is better on 360)

Otherwise build a GroovyMAME setup with a 15khz CRT and use the underclock/blitter delay features to simulate slowdowns (with hit-or-miss accuracy, still better than no slowdowns IMHO)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:48 pm 

Xyga wrote:
Are you thinking of something like the PGM converts ? no, that sort of stuff is of exception and DFK is not running on the same hardware.

It's like he says, either get the PC or 360 port and a VGA monitor, or even a downscaler and a 15khz CRT.
(IIRC the slowdowns accuracy is better on 360)

Otherwise build a GroovyMAME setup with a 15khz CRT and use the underclock/blitter delay features to simulate slowdowns (with hit-or-miss accuracy, still better than no slowdowns IMHO)

guess i have no choice. ill look into groovymame on linux

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:11 pm 

this thread is confusing. what's the problem with just getting the 360 or PC version with a new monitor? what exactly are you looking for?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:57 pm 

MidOrFeed2015 wrote:
Jeneki wrote:

sorry if i wasnt clear but im probably going to get banned for asking this. i have seen when people enter the arcade scene they show mame vs jamma stuff. can this jamma thing be loaded with daifukkatsu black label? and given that this might be my last message on this forum, it was nice knowing you guys. gg.

JAMMA is just an arcade pcb connector standard, not some special thing, people might just be using "JAMMA" interchangeably with "PCB"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:48 pm 

drunkninja24 wrote:

As well as the Black Label Arrange "Ketsuipachi" mode. The PC version is the best way to access it aside from owning a Japanese XB360.

Offline Profile