Psikyo Shooting Library 1 and 2 coming to the states

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Johnpv

Psikyo Shooting Library 1 and 2 coming to the states

Post by Johnpv »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGSJ3wIIg1I

Coming to the states in early 2020 as Alpha and Bravo collections from NIS America.

https://nisamerica.com/psikyo-shooting-stars/
Tokyo-J

Re: Psikyo Shooting Library 1 and 2 coming to the states

Post by Tokyo-J »

Johnpv wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGSJ3wIIg1I

Coming to the states in early 2020 as Alpha and Bravo collections from NIS America.

https://nisamerica.com/psikyo-shooting-stars/
Glad I waited. Was going to buy the Japanese versions.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Nice that NISA is doing this. I'm currently playing their Vita version of God Wars, and I'm thankful for their efforts in bringing these sorts of quirky titles to English speakers. I'll get these Psikyo ports as long as they are reasonably faithful.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

professor ganson wrote:Nice that NISA is doing this. I'm currently playing their Vita version of God Wars, and I'm thankful for their efforts in bringing these sorts of quirky titles to English speakers. I'll get these Psikyo ports as long as they are reasonably faithful.
They are pretty good and have been patched up a few times. It is just a collection of all the previously released digital versions already on the Eshop. Sengoku Cannon is Asia only currently with Strikers 1999 / 1945 Pt III set to be released later this month.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

For those keeping track

11 games are on the Eshop one exclusively to Asia (Sengoku Cannon) and Strikers 1999 / 1945 Pt III is due for release worldwide August 29th
Arc System Works released 3 Vol with 4 games on each in Asia
City Connection has released and is releasing 2 Vol with 6 games on each in Japan. (This is the version NIS America is bringing to the States)
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Bummed if it's really Switch only, I was so down for Gunbird 1 & 2.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I guess I should re-download some of these and try the patched versions. The early versions were pretty laggy and didn't feel worth my time.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Tokyo-J wrote: They are pretty good and have been patched up a few times.
Good to hear! I had read about some lag previously, so I decided not to import. Plus, I already have all of these games for older systems. But I'm prepared to support the joining of two favorites: NISA and Psikyo!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I don't know how much will be the asking price, but since it's Nippon Ichi, they're all but guaranteed to go on sale at least once a quarter.

Somewhat related, Nippon Ichi has quickly become my favorite current video game developer/publisher. It seems all their developed game are great. It seems all of their published games are great. All the games they develop for the Switch actually play really well portably (what a concept...). They put their games on sale often, and occasionally the sales are really, really, really good (like the sale two weeks ago that put Disgaea 5 at 60% off).

Do you think we could convince them to start developing shooters?
FRO

Post by FRO »

I will probably double dip for the US releases, for 2 reasons:

1. The games will hopefully be the most up to date, patched versions available (at that time) on the cards.
2. CD Soundtracks!

I'm such a sucker :lol:
Bishamon

Post by Bishamon »

cj iwakura wrote:Bummed if it's really Switch only, I was so down for Gunbird 1 & 2.
Same. I would love these collections if they were available for PS4 or Xbox One.
DDDP

Post by DDDP »

The bummer with these 6-game collections is each title appears as a separate item on the Switch bar. The previous 4-game collections had a front-end menu and everything. Not a massive deal.

The bigger issue is they still have not added a feature to save settings (which seems so basic). Settings must be re-applied each time you boot the game, whether it is control bindings, screen settings, etc.

Better value than the older collections, though.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

DDDP wrote:
The bigger issue is they still have not added a feature to save settings (which seems so basic). Settings must be re-applied each time you boot the game, whether it is control bindings, screen settings, etc.

I don't have this issue on mine. I just checked it too and all of mine have saved their settings from the last time I played them.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

DDDP wrote:The bummer with these 6-game collections is each title appears as a separate item on the Switch bar. The previous 4-game collections had a front-end menu and everything. Not a massive deal.
Are there any other updates (not in game related) things the 4 packs have that this won't? Like art, manuals, 1CC videos, etc?
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

XtraSmiley wrote:
DDDP wrote:The bummer with these 6-game collections is each title appears as a separate item on the Switch bar. The previous 4-game collections had a front-end menu and everything. Not a massive deal.
Are there any other updates (not in game related) things the 4 packs have that this won't? Like art, manuals, 1CC videos, etc?
Nope. The Asia 4-packs were pretty barebones. Pretty sure the JP 6-packs were barebones too.

The JP 6-packs had some nice LE's though, sadly the US LE's don't look quite as nice.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

I didn't realize Strikers 3 was coming, that's pretty cool. Have they patched Zero Gunner at all to be anywhere near the original or should I give up hope?