Can't play 2 Player on Xbox One ACA Neogeo games

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Lord British

Can't play 2 Player on Xbox One ACA Neogeo games

Post by Lord British »

I used to be able to but not since February or March or so. There is only the option to switch the user on the main menu screen but not to add a second player. I got on the phone with Microsoft about it and they said the issue was on Hamster's end. I emailed Hamster but never heard back to no suprise.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Lord British

Re: Can't play 2 Player on Xbox One ACA Neogeo games

Post by Lord British »

Is anyone here able to play 2 player on any of the ACA Neo Geo games on Xbox One?
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Hey there, I'm definitely able to play the games on two players, at least most of them. You need to make sure you're choosing the "original" versions from the main menu and not the Caravan or Hi-Score modes. You also need to make sure that you have more than one coin inserted so the 2nd player can technically "start" playing. Just press start on the 2nd controller once you see a "press start" appear in the upper right corner and it should start right away.

I just tested 5 different games and all worked fine. I didn't have any profile signed in for the 2nd controller, just left it without a profile assigned.

Which games were you trying this on?
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

Thanks for the response!

None of the ACA NEO GEO games will recognize a second controller at all. I did everything you listed, most recently with Aero Fighters 2. I have over 20 of these games, and like I said, they used to work until several months ago.

I wasted a lot of money.