PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
bigbadboaz

Re: PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!

Post by bigbadboaz »

Who knows, but they did in fact release Gate on the Wii Virtual Console; can't imagine the terms would have been any different.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

bigbadboaz wrote:Who knows, but they did in fact release Gate on the Wii Virtual Console; can't imagine the terms would have been any different.
Annoyingly it skipped the Wii U though, so there might be something to the notion.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I suspect M2/Konami must have thought there were enough 'space shooters' on the mini and opted for the more unique setting of Lords of Thunder, even though playing the two I think I prefer Gate to Lords.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Sengoku Strider wrote:Annoyingly it skipped the Wii U though, so there might be something to the notion.
As in flat-out wouldn't transfer, or as in wasn't re-released? If the latter, a LOT of stuff didn't get a specific separate release. Companies just stopped caring. Hell, did they do TG-16 at all on Wii U?
I suspect M2/Konami must have thought there were enough 'space shooters' on the mini and opted for the more unique setting of Lords of Thunder, even though playing the two I think I prefer Gate to Lords.
There was something in one of the dev interviews where they did say they didn't want to load up too much from any one series on the console. What played in thematically, I have no idea.

I too would rather have had Gate, but that's why we're waiting on the hack :wink:
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

bigbadboaz wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote:Annoyingly it skipped the Wii U though, so there might be something to the notion.
As in flat-out wouldn't transfer, or as in wasn't re-released? If the latter, a LOT of stuff didn't get a specific separate release. Companies just stopped caring. Hell, did they do TG-16 at all on Wii U?
A handful of TG-16 games made it to the Wii U VC, which I wasn't expecting since none of the Genesis games made it. Oddly enough, Necromancer somehow made it to the US VC, despite being a completely untranslated RPG.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

bigbadboaz wrote: As in flat-out wouldn't transfer, or as in wasn't re-released? If the latter, a LOT of stuff didn't get a specific separate release. Companies just stopped caring. Hell, did they do TG-16 at all on Wii U?
In the last year or so of the system's active lifespan, Konami put out a bunch of TG-16/PCE games on the Wii U VC, with its own emulator UI. Shooter fans actually got a decent haul out of it:

Salamander
Gradius
R-Type
Lords of Thunder
Detana Twin Bee
Super Star Soldier
Final Soldier
Soldier Blade
Air Zonk
Blazing Lazers
Image Fight
Image Fight II
Battle Chopper (Mr. Heli)

As you can see, Lords of Thunder was released, but they skipped right over Gates.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Really enjoying pc engine mini shooters today, great lil console and the sound wow, really full
The control feel has real substance
But the dpad felt weird going back to it after playing cuphead on Xbox /eek

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Martinov wrote:
dmk1198 wrote:What games utilise the turbo buttons?
Gradius 1 (although it does interfere with the laser), Space Harrier, Dragon Spirits, off the top of my head. I think Darius and Fantasy Zone also.

edit: Can confirm all the above utilise turbo, and also The Legend of Valkyrie and Galaga '88.
Cheers

BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Blazing Lasers has hidden difficulty modes with a code that encourages using the turbo buttons.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

BrianC wrote:Blazing Lasers has hidden difficulty modes with a code that encourages using the turbo buttons.
No way was playing that today
Be good to know that code

BrianC

Post by BrianC »

dmk1198 wrote:
BrianC wrote:Blazing Lasers has hidden difficulty modes with a code that encourages using the turbo buttons.

Blazing Lazers cheats/codes

''Normal Dog'' or ''Hard Human'' difficulty - Place I and II on top turbo speed and hold down I, II and Select simultaneously
''Super Mania'' or ''God of the Game'' difficulty - Place I and II on low turbo speed and hold down I, II and Select simultaneously
o.pwuaioc

Post by o.pwuaioc »

EmperorIng wrote:I suspect M2/Konami must have thought there were enough 'space shooters' on the mini and opted for the more unique setting of Lords of Thunder, even though playing the two I think I prefer Gate to Lords.
Seconded. I'd much rather play Gate than Lords. The sound that collecting those crystals makes in Lords always bothered me.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Gate is the better game but Lords is way easier. You can kinda wing it Lords and do pretty well.

Neither game is all that hard though.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

BrianC wrote:
dmk1198 wrote:

Blazing Lazers cheats/codes

''Normal Dog'' or ''Hard Human'' difficulty - Place I and II on top turbo speed and hold down I, II and Select simultaneously
''Super Mania'' or ''God of the Game'' difficulty - Place I and II on low turbo speed and hold down I, II and Select simultaneously
Thnx pal

FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question.

I heard horror stories about powering this mini with various adapters/power supplies and frying USB ports.
So far, I used mine connected to my TV through a USB port.

But, I recently changed the position of the TV, and I can't reach its USB ports any longer, so I need to connect the console to something else.
I was wondering: would it be safe to connect my mini console (European version) to a USB port from my Xiaomi Mi Box S Android TV 4K HDR?

Why couldn't the damned console come with a proper power supply? :mrgreen:
And, it's next to impossible to find an "official" USB to plug adapter here.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

FunktionJCB wrote:Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question.

I heard horror stories about powering this mini with various adapters/power supplies and frying USB ports.

But, I recently changed the position of the TV, and I can't reach its USB ports any longer, so I need to connect the console to something else.
I was wondering: would it be safe to connect my mini console (European version) to a USB port from my Xiaomi Mi Box S Android TV 4K HDR?

The USB port-frying issue was mainly from people trying to use power adaptors that provided more than the recommended voltage due to the misconception that this would somehow make the games run more accurately. You should be fine so long as you stick to the system specs and use a standard USB power input. I've used my TG-16 mini for a long time now on a standard power supply without any issues.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Jonpachi wrote:
FunktionJCB wrote:Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question.

The USB port-frying issue was mainly from people trying to use power adaptors that provided more than the recommended voltage due to the misconception that this would somehow make the games run more accurately. You should be fine so long as you stick to the system specs and use a standard USB power input. I've used my TG-16 mini for a long time now on a standard power supply without any issues.
Same. No issues using cheap usb plugs

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

5V, 2A is the spec stated in the manual