shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:10 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 pm 

Who knows, but they did in fact release Gate on the Wii Virtual Console; can't imagine the terms would have been any different.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:58 am 

bigbadboaz wrote:
Who knows, but they did in fact release Gate on the Wii Virtual Console; can't imagine the terms would have been any different.

Annoyingly it skipped the Wii U though, so there might be something to the notion.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm 

I suspect M2/Konami must have thought there were enough 'space shooters' on the mini and opted for the more unique setting of Lords of Thunder, even though playing the two I think I prefer Gate to Lords.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 pm 

Sengoku Strider wrote:
Annoyingly it skipped the Wii U though, so there might be something to the notion.

As in flat-out wouldn't transfer, or as in wasn't re-released? If the latter, a LOT of stuff didn't get a specific separate release. Companies just stopped caring. Hell, did they do TG-16 at all on Wii U?

Quote:
I suspect M2/Konami must have thought there were enough 'space shooters' on the mini and opted for the more unique setting of Lords of Thunder, even though playing the two I think I prefer Gate to Lords.

There was something in one of the dev interviews where they did say they didn't want to load up too much from any one series on the console. What played in thematically, I have no idea.

I too would rather have had Gate, but that's why we're waiting on the hack :wink:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 am 

bigbadboaz wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote:

As in flat-out wouldn't transfer, or as in wasn't re-released? If the latter, a LOT of stuff didn't get a specific separate release. Companies just stopped caring. Hell, did they do TG-16 at all on Wii U?

A handful of TG-16 games made it to the Wii U VC, which I wasn't expecting since none of the Genesis games made it. Oddly enough, Necromancer somehow made it to the US VC, despite being a completely untranslated RPG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:00 am 

bigbadboaz wrote:

In the last year or so of the system's active lifespan, Konami put out a bunch of TG-16/PCE games on the Wii U VC, with its own emulator UI. Shooter fans actually got a decent haul out of it:

Salamander
Gradius
R-Type
Lords of Thunder
Detana Twin Bee
Super Star Soldier
Final Soldier
Soldier Blade
Air Zonk
Blazing Lazers
Image Fight
Image Fight II
Battle Chopper (Mr. Heli)

As you can see, Lords of Thunder was released, but they skipped right over Gates.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8