shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:10 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 pm 



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 819
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Who knows, but they did in fact release Gate on the Wii Virtual Console; can't imagine the terms would have been any different.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:58 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 43
bigbadboaz wrote:
Who knows, but they did in fact release Gate on the Wii Virtual Console; can't imagine the terms would have been any different.


Annoyingly it skipped the Wii U though, so there might be something to the notion.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3990
Location: Chicago, IL
I suspect M2/Konami must have thought there were enough 'space shooters' on the mini and opted for the more unique setting of Lords of Thunder, even though playing the two I think I prefer Gate to Lords.
_________________
Image
DEMON'S TILT [bullet hell pinball] - Music Composer || EC2151 ~ My FM/YM2612 music & more! || 1CC List || PCE-CD: The Search for Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 pm 



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 819
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Sengoku Strider wrote:
Annoyingly it skipped the Wii U though, so there might be something to the notion.


As in flat-out wouldn't transfer, or as in wasn't re-released? If the latter, a LOT of stuff didn't get a specific separate release. Companies just stopped caring. Hell, did they do TG-16 at all on Wii U?

Quote:
I suspect M2/Konami must have thought there were enough 'space shooters' on the mini and opted for the more unique setting of Lords of Thunder, even though playing the two I think I prefer Gate to Lords.


There was something in one of the dev interviews where they did say they didn't want to load up too much from any one series on the console. What played in thematically, I have no idea.

I too would rather have had Gate, but that's why we're waiting on the hack :wink:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7608
Location: MD
bigbadboaz wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote:
Annoyingly it skipped the Wii U though, so there might be something to the notion.


As in flat-out wouldn't transfer, or as in wasn't re-released? If the latter, a LOT of stuff didn't get a specific separate release. Companies just stopped caring. Hell, did they do TG-16 at all on Wii U?


A handful of TG-16 games made it to the Wii U VC, which I wasn't expecting since none of the Genesis games made it. Oddly enough, Necromancer somehow made it to the US VC, despite being a completely untranslated RPG.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PC Engine Mini games list,includes SAPPHIRE!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:00 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 43
bigbadboaz wrote:
As in flat-out wouldn't transfer, or as in wasn't re-released? If the latter, a LOT of stuff didn't get a specific separate release. Companies just stopped caring. Hell, did they do TG-16 at all on Wii U?


In the last year or so of the system's active lifespan, Konami put out a bunch of TG-16/PCE games on the Wii U VC, with its own emulator UI. Shooter fans actually got a decent haul out of it:

Salamander
Gradius
R-Type
Lords of Thunder
Detana Twin Bee
Super Star Soldier
Final Soldier
Soldier Blade
Air Zonk
Blazing Lazers
Image Fight
Image Fight II
Battle Chopper (Mr. Heli)

As you can see, Lords of Thunder was released, but they skipped right over Gates.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group