Will Thunder Force 5 ever get re-released?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
mainpatr5

Will Thunder Force 5 ever get re-released?

Post by mainpatr5 »

I went to my PS3 to re-download Thunder Force 5 from the Japan store and I can't get into my Japanese account because AOL discontinued my E-mail address. Every game on the Japanese account is gone,except ones that I have downloaded like Donpachi. Sega should re-release Thunder Force 5 for Switch then as part of Sega Ages. It's not even on the U.S. PS store.
Tokyo-J

Re: Will Thunder Force 5 ever get re-released?

Post by Tokyo-J »

mainpatr5 wrote:I went to my PS3 to re-download Thunder Force 5 from the Japan store and I can't get into my Japanese account because AOL discontinued my E-mail address. Every game on the Japanese account is gone,except ones that I have downloaded like Donpachi. Sega should re-release Thunder Force 5 for Switch then as part of Sega Ages. It's not even on the U.S. PS store.
That is a shame. I can access it through my Vita using PKGj.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Hold on. TF V or VI..?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

How about a re-release of the entire series? Or just give us Thunder Force VII already?
gray117

Post by gray117 »

probably never as such, but it was the ps1 version emulated on ps3 right? Is is still there or was it taken off the marketplace for new buyers and only there for people who had already purchased?

... Guess there's always a chance it'll surface with a whole collection of stuff if sony wants to keep it around with a bunch of other titles.

Sega owns the technosoft stuff now right? I would love to think someone would think it's worth wrangling that library into a collection, but it's probably too much work from too many different projects/platforms/sources.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

It is more than a long shot, but you'd want the Saturn version ported anyway. If only to have the better-looking Stage 3 city graphics. I mean, that's about the only thing substantially different between the two versions (not counting the... alleged? gameplay changes WD added to the PS1 USA port). Well, not totally true - the PS1 version has a few extra ships with slight modifications to them.

I mean, if M2 and Sega wanted to port Saturn games, there'd be a candidate right there. Er, after the more important candidates like Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Saga, Shining Force 3, Bulk Slash and Dragon Force.

Also, I feel the need to remind everyone of my TF5 score board thread, which needs your attention.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

EmperorIng wrote:It is more than a long shot, but you'd want the Saturn version ported anyway. If only to have the better-looking Stage 3 city graphics. I mean, that's about the only thing substantially different between the two versions (not counting the... alleged? gameplay changes WD added to the PS1 USA port). Well, not totally true - the PS1 version has a few extra ships with slight modifications to them.

I mean, if M2 and Sega wanted to port Saturn games, there'd be a candidate right there. Er, after the more important candidates like Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Saga, Shining Force 3, Bulk Slash and Dragon Force.

Also, I feel the need to remind everyone of my TF5 score board thread, which needs your attention.
Zwei is getting a remake for next gen consoles with Part 1 being shown today during the Nintendo Direct.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
FRO

Post by FRO »

xxx1993 wrote:How about a re-release of the entire series? Or just give us Thunder Force VII already?
THIS.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

All I want is Thunder Force VII. Give us another battle with the ORN Empire.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

You could always buy a PS1 Classic and play it on there.
Austin

Post by Austin »

EmperorIng wrote:It is more than a long shot, but you'd want the Saturn version ported anyway. If only to have the better-looking Stage 3 city graphics. I mean, that's about the only thing substantially different between the two versions (not counting the... alleged? gameplay changes WD added to the PS1 USA port).
Saturn version has some pretty nasty frameskipping when things get particularly busy. The improved visuals are nice, but in the case of this game I'd rather take the more consistent framerate of the PS1 version.