My Life in Gaming M2 Complete Works Documentary

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

My Life in Gaming M2 Complete Works Documentary

Post by Tokyo-J »

My Life in Gaming M2 Complete Works Documentary. M2 Shotriggers Interview next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc5DlOkOcU4
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
EllertMichael

Re: My Life in Gaming M2 Complete Works Documentary

Post by EllertMichael »

Damn, an R-Type Leo port for the MD would've been cool.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

That was a very good documentary put together, and it even features ShouTime as an additional interviewer. Looking forward to future adventures with M2 and their development of games to the arcade environment.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Great video. With all the game developer horror stories out there, it's nice to see a studio that basically got to work on passion projects for decades on end.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Nice... their interview type vids are really their best/more unique imho - the Tom duBios episode a while back was a real nice/curious look.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I got into My Life in Gaming after seeing "Sequels You Didn't Know Were Good" as well as the Time Crisis retrospective.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Thanks for sharing, subs are always nice. :)
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
ShmupFan75

Post by ShmupFan75 »

Finished watching this and enjoyed it! Hopefully more of these mini-docs come out.
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Been a fan of MLIG for a long time, it's cool that they have sort of crossed over with shmups a little bit lately. Keep an eye on their channel, because there will be a shot triggers interview coming in the next week or so.
xxx128

Post by xxx128 »

Thanks for sharing!
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Just a heads up that the MLG M2 Shottriggers interview has been pushed back to next Sunday.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

I really enjoy documentaries like these. Hoping they would do more in the future
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

I actually did the translation for this (and the upcoming ShotTriggers doc, hehe). Being used to more amateur productions, when Coury showed me the rough cuts I was kind of blown away by the video and editing quality. I think my first reaction was "how did you get the scanlines to look so good?!", haha. I also think talking about emulation and ports can be a bit dry, but he managed to capture their passion in a way that really connected with people. Suffice it to say I was duly impressed, and am looking forward to collaborating on future MLIG productions if the chance arises.
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Great work on the translation!
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

Yeah, great work on the translations and all the stuff in shmuplanations too! I enjoyed the doc a lot and eagerly waiting to see the M2STG one.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Yeah was a great watch. Looking forward to the future stuff these guys will do.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

blackoak wrote:I actually did the translation for this (and the upcoming ShotTriggers doc, hehe). Being used to more amateur productions, when Coury showed me the rough cuts I was kind of blown away by the video and editing quality. I think my first reaction was "how did you get the scanlines to look so good?!", haha. I also think talking about emulation and ports can be a bit dry, but he managed to capture their passion in a way that really connected with people. Suffice it to say I was duly impressed, and am looking forward to collaborating on future MLIG productions if the chance arises.
Awesome keep us in the loop of any upcoming projects. That was one of the best documentaries I have watched and I look forward to the M2 Shottriggers one this Sunday.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I really enjoyed this a lot. I could've happily gone for an another hour. Nice work with the translation, shmuplations, and I'll be right on the M2STG one next. Genuinely exciting stuff.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I watched this like a week ago and forgot to comment, but seriously great work all around. Looking forward to the m2stg one!
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

That was a very good documentary with lots of talking provided by actual developers - very well done and thanks for letting me know.
More Bromances = safer people