Fabtek or japanese pcb?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
arthurtheboss

Fabtek or japanese pcb?

Post by arthurtheboss »

Hi all!

Can you tell me the main differences between the Japanese versions of Raiden, Raiden DX and Viper Phase 1 and their homonyms distributed by Fabtek, apart from the checkpoints / instant respawn when your ship is destroyed?

Thank you!
Last edited by arthurtheboss on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be MERVA, my friend
komatik

Re: Fabtek or japanese pcb?

Post by komatik »

Which Viper Phase 1? There was an "original version" and a "new version". Afaik, the original version never made it to the US.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Only speaking for Raiden I here. By control points I'm assuming you mean checkpoints, which is the main difference in Fabtek since they removed them entirely. The other main difference that comes to mind is that recovery is more attainable in Fabtek since at a certain point you will get a full power up drop after death. There also seems to be some kind of mercy full power up that can drop on certain parts of the last stage.

If I remember correctly, one of the Japanese sets is the same as Fabtek Raiden I.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
arthurtheboss

Post by arthurtheboss »

komatik wrote:Which Viper Phase 1? There was an "original version" and a "new version". Afaik, the original version never made it to the US.
New Version, of course.
Be MERVA, my friend