Announcing Shmup Slam Stream Schedule for May 4th!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mark_MSX

Announcing Shmup Slam Stream Schedule for May 4th!

Post by Mark_MSX »

Here is the stream schedule for Shmup Slam! Wow this took way more organization than I had expected, but I think it'll be a really fun time. This bad boy is full of runs and is going to be 12 hours long ... oh my X-D

http://electricunderground.io/shmup-sla ... e-may-4th/
Last edited by Mark_MSX on Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
komatik

Re: Announcing Shmup Slam: A Chill Shmup Marathon on May 4th

Post by komatik »

When you say "players can hang out"; does this event have a physical location that people can show up at and hang out in-person, or do you mean virtual hanging out and it's just an open twitch streaming group? (I'm assuming the latter but where I'm from "hang out" usually means in-person so I'm just curious).

Also: if you're doing this on May 4th you're basically obligated to connect it to Star Wars somehow :p
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Interesting concept, thanks for taking the initiative on this. I have an idea for something TwinBee-related that I think people would enjoy, but I'll need to see if I can actually pull it off before the submission deadline...
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

komatik wrote:When you say "players can hang out"; does this event have a physical location that people can show up at and hang out in-person, or do you mean virtual hanging out and it's just an open twitch streaming group? (I'm assuming the latter but where I'm from "hang out" usually means in-person so I'm just curious).

Also: if you're doing this on May 4th you're basically obligated to connect it to Star Wars somehow :p
Yeah it's a stream. Hang out for lack of a better term. I'll try and work in some sort of star wars connection ;-)
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Shepardus wrote:Interesting concept, thanks for taking the initiative on this. I have an idea for something TwinBee-related that I think people would enjoy, but I'll need to see if I can actually pull it off before the submission deadline...
That would be awesome! Yeah the deadline is soonish, but I got bunch of stuff coming up in June and July (including Stunfest coverage) so I thought this would make a fun appetizer to the Stunfest demonstrations.
Dumple

Post by Dumple »

Shepardus wrote:Interesting concept, thanks for taking the initiative on this. I have an idea for something TwinBee-related that I think people would enjoy, but I'll need to see if I can actually pull it off before the submission deadline...
Do it! TwinBee-related sounds Relevant To My Interests. Twinbee Yahho! is my jam *kisses fingers*
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Yeah I do hope you are able to submit a run! I think Twin Bee is a cool game.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Mark_MSX wrote:Yeah I do hope you are able to submit a run! I think Twin Bee is a cool game.
Just did! :wink: Hope others join in!

Took me less time than I expected to get the run I was looking for. Not sure if it was actually easier than I anticipated or if I've just been playing too much TwinBee... Anyway, I haven't seen any runs like it, so hopefully it's a fun watch.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I like the idea. I'll be trying to record a run to add to the festivities. Hope everyone is ready for some really mediocre skill :mrgreen:
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Shepardus wrote:
Mark_MSX wrote:Yeah I do hope you are able to submit a run! I think Twin Bee is a cool game.
Just did! :wink: Hope others join in!

Took me less time than I expected to get the run I was looking for. Not sure if it was actually easier than I anticipated or if I've just been playing too much TwinBee... Anyway, I haven't seen any runs like it, so hopefully it's a fun watch.
Thanks man! :-D Yeah the ball is starting to roll, but there are still more openings my people, don't be shy ;-D
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

EmperorIng wrote:I like the idea. I'll be trying to record a run to add to the festivities. Hope everyone is ready for some really mediocre skill :mrgreen:
That's great man!! Thanks for participating.
SMC

Post by SMC »

I've submitted some Futari Ultra stuff (prerecorded though), should be a lot of fun.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

I'm working on some Psyvariar runs to contribute :)
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

SMC wrote:I've submitted some Futari Ultra stuff (prerecorded though), should be a lot of fun.
Yeah it will be!
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Weak Boson wrote:I'm working on some Psyvariar runs to contribute :)
That's great! Looking forward to seeing them.
EmperorIng

Re: Announcing Shmup Slam: A Chill Shmup Marathon *Update*

Post by EmperorIng »

On the submission form, do you prefer a youtube link, or a link to a direct download of the video?
Mark_MSX

Re: Announcing Shmup Slam: A Chill Shmup Marathon *Update*

Post by Mark_MSX »

EmperorIng wrote:On the submission form, do you prefer a youtube link, or a link to a direct download of the video?
Youtube link will work great :-)
Mark_MSX

Re: Announcing Shmup Slam Stream Schedule for May 4th!

Post by Mark_MSX »

Here is the stream schedule for Shmup Slam! Wow this took way more organization than I had expected, but I think it'll be a really fun time. This bad boy is full of runs and is going to be 12 hours long ... oh my X-D

http://electricunderground.io/shmup-sla ... e-may-4th/