shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:43 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: R-Type Final2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:35 pm 

xxx1993 wrote:
It's not coming out until December 2020? This is what I was afraid what was going to happen! I wanted it to be released sometime this year and not have to wait for a long time!

It's a Kickstarter game. There's no way in a thousand years this ships on time in December 2020.

I back a lot of Kickstarters, I think it's around 80 so far - various things. Almost without exception the things that delay the most are games. Nothing else is close in the delay olympics.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:27 am 

Not gonna even sugar coat it.

Recreating anything from 1 or 2 is redundant with Dimensions existing. The only things that should get recreated is anything from Leo, the giant walker stage from Delta or the nightmare level, and the Third Lightning level where you go backwards after killing the boss.

Most levels in Final are so damn drab I could careless even though I put a ton of time into the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:22 pm 

There's gotta be at least some shmups coming out this year...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:08 pm 

ZaKa-tokyobassist wrote:

Recreating anything from 1 or 2 is redundant with Dimensions existing. The only things that should get recreated is anything from Leo, the giant walker stage from Delta or the nightmare level, and the Third Lightning level where you go backwards after killing the boss.

Most levels in Final are so damn drab I could careless even though I put a ton of time into the game.

Absolutely true. RT 1 and 2 stages, why even bother? They’ve only recently received modern updates...
And as for recreating Leo and Delta levels, they are also somewhat worthless....I mean, are they gonna be added to the main RTF2 campaign? In which case, it’s weird because then two R-Type games contain them as part of the campaign. Or, even more pointless, they will just be single stages selected from the main menu....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:08 am 

There's a good chance the stretch goal for recreating a stage from Final will be hit. I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing Final's Stage 3 made again so it runs more than 15 FPS.

And here's hoping for more Delta-like pacing and pretty much everything overall.

My videos
Rolling Start!! - Arcade Racing Game Forum

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 pm 

This actually got funded, that's great.

For the devs, consider simply reducing the delay between enemy waves, just doing that goes a long way towards solving the pacing problems from Final.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:26 pm 

ZaKa-tokyobassist wrote:

I am thinking the same way. 1/2 is not really necessary. If I had to pick a stage from Delta, it'd be either the walker or the Nightmare stage (what a great, and frustrating level!).

From Final 1*, my pick is Stage 6.0, Floating Graves. It feels the most like a classic R-Type stage, with lots of enemies from all directions, lots of positioning required, and the requisite fanservice fight against a new take on Gomander. The battleship or lab would be good, but my guess is that we're already getting a battleship and lab stage anyway. I certainly hope there aren't enough votes for a snoozer stage like F-A.

One more day to go. We might get the Delta stage (likely), but we certainly won't get the remade 1/2/3/Leo stages (well, MAYBE 3), or the full 102 ships. That might be a blessing - there's too many ships to choose from in Final :mrgreen:

Starting to wonder about my pledge. Do I really need an artbook??

*in post I realize it's kinda funny to type that title.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:38 pm 

All I ever wanted was a Delta port.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm 

Well hey, you'll get a Delta stage. Maybe if we're lucky it's stage 5 or 6.

And depending on how much money is made in the next 45 minutes, a R-Type 3 stage too. Maybe if we're unlucky it'll be stage 1! EDIT: and they did it. Quite a bit of cash!

Last edited by EmperorIng on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm 

Armed Police Unit Gallop stage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:44 pm 

ciox wrote:
Armed Police Unit Gallop stage.

Small time. Think big dude! Gun Hohki stage, Granzella!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:54 pm 

The R-Type III stage is in. It's unlikely they'll find another $100k the next ten minutes, so the Leo stage probably won't.

I'm very happy with the outcome.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:03 pm 

noice. I backed last minute, it got way more stretch goals than I thought! Now let's reconvene in 2022 when the game comes out :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:21 pm 

Weak Boson wrote:
noice. I backed last minute, it got way more stretch goals than I thought! Now let's reconvene in 2022 when the game comes out :mrgreen:

In the meantime, people (like me) should actually try to play/beat Delta and Final and post their scores in their respective threads. Or Dimensions, whatever floats your boat. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 pm 

I almost skipped the campaign, seeing that it was filled already, but those stretch goals made me change my mind. Having level from Delta and Final included was a nice bonus. Now all we have to do is wait..

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7