R-Type Final2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Herr Schatten

Re: R-Type Final2

Post by Herr Schatten »

While I do appreciate the ongoing support, I kind of lost interest in the DLC stages. Looked at individually, there’s little too complain, as the stages themselves are of consistently high quality, but I don’t like that they don’t form a meaningful course if played in order, despite each stage pass having a designated final stage. But the difficulty is all over the place and the experience of playing a full stage pack is just not fun.

I haven’t tried the new additions to the main course yet, maybe that’ll rekindle my enthusiasm.
qmish

Post by qmish »

I've found this post by Spirited-Control-809 among reddit discussions:
It doesn't exactly fix them, but I prefer playing them in the following order, as the difficulty works better probably because this order mirrors when they arrive in their respective games (as much as possible)

X3.0 (Delta St1)

X5.0 (Final St 2)

X4.0 (R-Type St 3)

X1.0 (III St 4)

X6.0 (II St 4 but Super St 5...so 4.5!)

X2.0 (Leo St 5)

X7.0 (R-Type St 1)

Applying this to the Y series, and I equally like:

Y3.0 (Tactics II)

Y1.0 (II St 2)

Y2.0 (Image Fight St 3)

Y4.0 (Delta St 4)

Y5.0 (Final St 4 or 5 if 3.5 played... 4.5 again!)

Y6.0 (Tactics II again, bigger gap for variation)

Y7.0 (R-Type St2)

As the difficulty mostly rose as each original game progressed, playing these sets in this adapted order works better I feel. Yeah, you still have to memorize the stage X6.0 boss, but he is reasonably predictable once you have the pattern down, and less of a pain than being the penultimate stage, where a long run could be lost.
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

qmish wrote:I've found this post by Spirited-Control-809 among reddit discussions:
It doesn't exactly fix them, but I prefer playing them in the following order, as the difficulty works better probably because this order mirrors when they arrive in their respective games (as much as possible)

X3.0 (Delta St1)

X5.0 (Final St 2)

X4.0 (R-Type St 3)

X1.0 (III St 4)

X6.0 (II St 4 but Super St 5...so 4.5!)

X2.0 (Leo St 5)

X7.0 (R-Type St 1)

Applying this to the Y series, and I equally like:

Y3.0 (Tactics II)

Y1.0 (II St 2)

Y2.0 (Image Fight St 3)

Y4.0 (Delta St 4)

Y5.0 (Final St 4 or 5 if 3.5 played... 4.5 again!)

Y6.0 (Tactics II again, bigger gap for variation)

Y7.0 (R-Type St2)

As the difficulty mostly rose as each original game progressed, playing these sets in this adapted order works better I feel. Yeah, you still have to memorize the stage X6.0 boss, but he is reasonably predictable once you have the pattern down, and less of a pain than being the penultimate stage, where a long run could be lost.
Ha ha, that's me in another form. So Z Set would go:

Z3.0 Final Stage 1

Z1.0 Mr Heli Stage 1 & 2 (kind of)

Z2.0 Image Fight Stage 3 in the PS port ( Stage 5 in Arcade but heh, this is an easy level and boss)

Z5.0 R-Type Stage 4

Z4.0 R-Type II Stage 5

Z6.0 Delta Stage 6

Z7.0 Image Fight Stages 7 & 8

OR

Z7.1 Final's Stage 7.1 (far enough from Final's Stage 1.0 for better variation.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

DLC set 9 is out in NA. Evie’s dick got censored with the blue spiky thing.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
JBC

Post by JBC »

Going back to this with all the DLC intact is something else. Game seems very rich now and looks impressive on Series X.
Godzilla was an inside job
Shmups4ever

Post by Shmups4ever »

A quick question , for consoles's players : did they fix , at last in 2022, the frame rate on xbox serie X ?

I want to offer this game for Christmas to a friend, but I'm playing it on PC, with a good machine.
I heard the complains about the frame rate on consoles.. I hope it's over now .... :cry:

Last patch was Patch 1.4.2 (October 29, 2022)..
https://rtypefinal2.com/news/2022/updat ... 029-1.html
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Am I imagining things? I haven’t played Final 2 in a while, but I fired it up today to poke around in the most recent DLC stages. I gave the main course a go to have a look at the new stage 5.1, too. It seems to me that the Switch version has gained some new lighting effects only the PS4 version used to have, and maybe some additional textures. Can someone confirm this or had it always been this way and I just remember it differently?

Also, the menus now have an ugly green tint instead of the old bluish one, and loading times are even longer?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 23/.193274

According to Anime News Network, R-Type Final 3 Evolved launches for the PS5 in Japan on March 23rd of next year.
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

Just to clarify- its there going to be another update for the PS4 or has this now shifted to the PS5?

I was under the impression that there was to be another 7 levels- free for the original Kickstart backers?

Has this been canned?
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

NAVVARR wrote:
I was under the impression that there was to be another 7 levels- free for the original Kickstart backers?

Has this been canned?
I messaged the Kickstarter about a year or two ago, and I was told Stage pass 1 was all we were getting. Never checked their page again after that, though.
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

I seem to remember talk of 7 new levels- but this seems now to be a PS5 exclusive.
Who knows- I'm not buying a PS5 any time soon to play Rtype Final 3.
OldSkoolShmuper

Post by OldSkoolShmuper »

I'm really really looking forward to R-Type Tactics I*II Cosmos. I wonder when we're going to see the remakes in action, since it's due to release in the summer (apparently).
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

Has Rtype Final 2 now reached the end of the road on PS4.

I fired my Ps4 up and I see nothing new.

Is it now a Ps5 game?
Lander

Post by Lander »

Patch 2.0.1 just dropped on PC. New campaign stage, new competitive survival stage (sans multiplayer for now), couple of new ships, and a bunch of cruft for the hangar.

Though the best part is still being able to call it R-Type Final 2 2 :P
ryu

Post by ryu »

Is there a reliable way to finish the stage 2 boss off quickly without using the special weapon? If I'm unlucky and the containers never come out facing me with their vulnerable side (that's almost every attempt). The fight then ends up taking so long I lose concentration and make a stupid mistake or risk getting sniped point blank in a pattern where I'm forced to pass right under or above a container.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Use level 7 charfge shot from the Giga Wave Cannon lol
ryu

Post by ryu »

Steven wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:08 pm Use level 7 charfge shot from the Giga Wave Cannon lol
lol

this game manages to make me miss R-Type Final sometimes
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Lol typo. That's what I get for posting from my Vita again instead of using a computer.

Anyway, yeah, Giga Wave Cannon. This was on R-Typer, so if you're doing it on Normal or Bydo or something it will be easier.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Steven wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:27 pm Lol typo. That's what I get for posting from my Vita again instead of using a computer.
I just thought it was funny the first advice I got was to cheese with a ship that's equipped with a specific wave canon.
MJR

Post by MJR »

After a long long break, I bought the last two remaining DLC packs that I missed previously, and tried to play this again.

First thing was, how the hell I have no extra lives?? Game is over every time I get hit. I tried to go through the menus and found nothing. Then, only after googling, I was able to find about some hidden advanced options menu that gives you more resources if you lower your life count. Apparently I had dabbled with this and then forgotten about it.

Then, I tried to play the first stage of Final. I get repeatedly killed, because I had totally forgotten that you can adjust the speed of your space craft. Then I got repeatedly killed on the boss when the liquid metal hands all suddenly grabbed me. Most of the time, the background felt too dark and I wasn't even sure what I was looking at.

Burned out, I tried the first stage of DLC pack 9.. level 4 from first R-type, great! But wait.. what is this hologram Matrix shit? I can't read the level at all!

Disgusted, I decided to try the course editor. Except I can't find it. After spending many minutes mucking about, I finally found how to select stages. Then I tried to play my custom course which began on stage 1 from Delta.. but wait?!?! Now I have, again, zero extra lives.

I tried to look for the menu, again, but could not find how to restore my lives count to 3, so I quit, disgusted.

It seems to me that Granzella does not have much grasp of UX/UI design. I think I am done with this game.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Yeah the UI has its problems. Finding the options to fine tune the difficulty and the campaign editor also took me a while. I think for the latter I had somebody tell me where to find it even.

Many DLC stages are brutal.Not a great place to start when you're just getting back into the game.

Speaking of UIs: I hate the modern trend of using shoulder buttons to swap between interface tabs
Lander

Post by Lander »

There are other ways to switch between tabs? I guess there's edge scrolling, but that sounds worse.

I'm just grateful more games haven't jumped on the Destiny trend of mapping the stick to a virtual mouse. Bloody awful, that.