R-Type Final2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DDDP

Re: R-Type Final2

Post by DDDP »

So who is gonna play on "R-Typer" difficulty?
Spoiler
And who is playing on "Kids"? :lol:
EmperorIng wrote:Alpha footage at TGS

A few things to note:
1) ship movement is normal; the trailer shots were just that
2) the stage is all-new; I don't think this is supposed to be a 'remake' of Final like some had feared
3) the stage is pretty rough and probably just a proof of concept for the visual effects. Nice explosions, though I hope they don't obscure the bullets
Looks good to me. I especially like the lighting effects.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I just played it at TGS, it feels like proper R Type and it looks really nice in motion. Way more visual personality than Final 1. But the demo is really really early, and probably only 2 minutes long, so I wouldn't expect it to release for a while. I have good feelings about it after playing though, I think it will be worth the wait.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

snooooooooooooooooooooooooze
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

This is a quick photo I took of the booth. They gave out a nice little can badge for playing. If I have time I'll see if I can get some additional video of the demo tomorrow.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Glad to hear that the game looks good. I was afraid it would end up looking super cheap and plasticy
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

DDDP wrote:So who is gonna play on "R-Typer" difficulty?
i sure am
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
davidwhangchoi

Post by davidwhangchoi »

it looks slow, like the first one.

maybe floaty is a better word. At least it's faithful to the ps2.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

ACSeraph wrote: This is a quick photo I took of the booth. They gave out a nice little can badge for playing.
Future $100 ebay sale in the making :wink:
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

davidwhangchoi wrote:it looks slow, like the first one.

It's slow yeah, that's just part of what R-Type is.
EmperorIng wrote:Future $100 ebay sale in the making :wink:
I'll never sell! I got three different badges actually, I'll try to remember to snap a quick photo of them.
Austin

Post by Austin »

davidwhangchoi wrote:it looks slow, like the first one.

The movement shown in the demo is absolutely floaty. Final had slow stage progression at points, but the ship movement/speed was about as snappy as it was in Delta, most certainly not floaty. Hopefully this is something they will correct as development continues.

I don't think anything has been said yet how speed settings will be handled? I would assume they will stick with the Delta/Final format of letting it be player controlled, but who knows at this point. Crossing my fingers they aren't planning on going back to the old speed power-up system.

Overall though I'd say I am pretty happy with what I am seeing so far, ship movement aside. I wasn't expecting there to be a demo like this so soon after the Kickstarter wrapped.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I don't really understand what you guys mean by "floaty" it felt responsive any accurate to me, about the same as Dariusburst for a similar reference.
heli

Post by heli »

If it does the same as final1 and cost no more then 30 physical(english) i go buy it, not worth 60 + tax.

On PS2 this was not a rare game, was normal for sale in all shops no excusive.
Was the final1 sales that bad they wont make a normal release without begging or limiting ?

It feels like i,m only playing to unlock the ships, this has nothing to do with skill, it is another farming game.
Bullets sometimes hard to see, hope they improve that.
The PS2 slowdown is very bad at the robot boss.
tizerist

Post by tizerist »

Doesn't seem like they've learned much from recent criticism of the series. They're supposed to make it at least a bit faster than RTF...WTF??
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

tizerist wrote:Doesn't seem like they've learned much from recent criticism of the series. They're supposed to make it at least a bit faster than RTF...WTF??
Who said they wanted to make it faster?
Hey, it's way faster than R-Type Tactics at least! :lol:

Btw, it seems there's a second crowdfunding campaign coming...to boost quality and quantity :?:
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Isn't R-Type supposed to be a slow strategic series? All of them feel slow to me. Final only felt extra slow because there was so much dead space with no enemies and nothing happening; it was a stage design issue. We will just have to hope the stage design is better this time around.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

The demo has the same HORRIBLE trombone sound for the charge beam. I hope they change it for the final release, it sounded pretty bad-ass in all the other games.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Austin

Post by Austin »

I didn't mind the sound effects in the original Final, but I do hope those are just placeholders for the time being. A new sound effects package would be fresh and help give the game a little more of its own identity.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

It's a stage 1 of an oldschool franchise on default difficulty, so by those standards it looks fine to me (especially as an unfinished showcase that's not even playable beyond the halfway point)
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Squire Grooktook wrote:It's a stage 1 of an oldschool franchise on default difficulty, so by those standards it looks fine to me (especially as an unfinished showcase that's not even playable beyond the halfway point)
The demo specifically states that it's not stage 1.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

The game is looking pretty impressive I wish I backed this game.

I really want stage 2 from delta to be remade in this game . I love the music transition from the air to the water it would look and sound incredible in HD .

I nearly unlocked all of the ships in the original so I am very excited for the release of this game . I saw some kick ass art of the ship with the flame thrower .

Noice
Arms installation complete Good luck
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Axelay wrote:The game is looking pretty impressive I wish I backed this game.
You still can, in fact they're running the crowdfunding project through October.

It's proven that lazy backers are a thing that exist, and it's not like it hasn't already been successfully funded, it's just an option for those that missed out originally.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

Elixir wrote:it's not like it hasn't already been successfully funded
Yea but Mighty Number Nope was "successfully crowdfunded" twice and, well....
IS THIS WORLD SPINNING AROUND
-
Should be "Trolling Gunner," amirite?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

RawlingGunnar wrote:
Elixir wrote:it's not like it hasn't already been successfully funded
Yea but Mighty Number Nope was "successfully crowdfunded" twice and, well....
At least it's not like the Barkley 2 project which was actually a complete scam.

I don't have much faith in Kickstarter myself, but it's pointless to assume every game is going to turn out like [insert successfully funded but poorly received game here].
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

Elixir wrote:
Axelay wrote:The game is looking pretty impressive I wish I backed this game.
You still can, in fact they're running the crowdfunding project through October.

It's proven that lazy backers are a thing that exist, and it's not like it hasn't already been successfully funded, it's just an option for those that missed out originally.
Cheers Elixir !

It seems after the showing of the footage at tgs a lot of interest has been piqued and the kickstarter reopened!

I want to pledge for a physical copy plus artbook and ost but cant seem to see the option :(

I'm starting to get really hyped and excited for Rtype final 2 .

I was happy with bloodstained even though I still haven't received my backer bonuses !
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

Elixir wrote:I don't have much faith in Kickstarter myself, but it's pointless to assume every game is going to turn out like [insert successfully funded but poorly received game here].
However, every single kickstarter I've ever backed has been severely delayed, botched or both. You get why I'm jaded.
-
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

Mighty number 9 was a crock of shit.
It is sad that people got burned by that game.

I backed bloodstained and the flip grip.

I wish I backed blasphemous but I stopped my self .

What else have you backed Rawling?

Has anybody pledged for Rtype ?
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

Axelay wrote:What else have you backed Rawling?
ReDUX, which promised an exclusive edition that ended up being sold online for less than the cost for the Kickstarter edition before backers even got it. Flip Grip which ended up having sharp corners and literal rough edges making small mistakes pressing the shoulder buttons a literal pain. And Video Games Live Stage 6 physical which cost like, $200 which was a birthday gift to my wife pledged over two birthdays ago and is still, as of today, not yet delivered.

If this game's funding was really honestly secured for its entire development process, why not just open actual preorders? Another round of crowdfunding really makes it seem like they ran outta cash from their first go around....
Last edited by RawlingGunnar on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
JBC

Post by JBC »

Kickstarter are a bunch of dumba** SJWs and will never see a dime of my money, but I'm def buying this game when it goes up for sale on consoles. Every screenshot looks like they're nailing it.
Godzilla was an inside job
qmish

Post by qmish »

Vote for additional ship, choosing one of four:
https://twitter.com/rtypefinal2_gz/stat ... 3607865344

R-104 White Requiem

TW-3B Blue Symphonies

BX-1CX Uroboros

R-9uso800 April Fools

EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

It's hard to pick a fav between a literal trumpet mute (that plays heroic music to boost pilot morale) and a charge shot that auto-ends the game* after seven levels. Both sound amazing and I hope the dummies in the poll don't just pick 'teh epic' ships at the exclusion of the others.

*seven charges of the beam releases the staff credits. ... April Fool's!