R-Type Final2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
silvergunner

Re: R-Type Final2

Post by silvergunner »

DLC Set 5 Gameplay: (at roundabout 1:05:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9shhhFL8ig
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

silvergunner wrote:Thanks...just bought it with dlc 1,2,3 :D

EDIT: 17 ships unlocked and i get it to Stage 4 and play some dlc stages...
I really like this game,didn`t have that much love for Final 1 :(
Yeah its great isn't it? Big step up from Final and its weirdly plodding sections (followed by crazy difficulty spikes). Now there is so many great dlc levels and the R museum is filling out nicely, I think it is my favorite of the series (heresy to some I know.)
JBC

Post by JBC »

I think it is my favorite of the series (heresy to some I know.)
Not triggered here. I like it a lot too. Not sure if it beats R-Type III yet but I've only done a normal run and haven't played the DLC, but I got both passes.
Godzilla was an inside job
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

So which stages would we be hoping for in dlc set 3 (apparently 3 again like set 3)?

On the basis that we have already have 2 stage homages from the original game (St1 and 3), RTII (St2 and 4) and RTD (St1 and 4). I'm putting in a guess that we'll get another RTIII and RTF stage along with one of Irem's other games (or Leo again).

So I'll plump for:
R-Type III Stage 2 - we could do with another meaty/squelchy level after the mechanical stages in the last set...oh and gigantic sperm!
R-Type Final Stage 6.0 - probably the best level in this game, and suitably punishing for the penultimate level of the Y-series of DLC levels. Perhaps we could face both the outside and inside of Gomander?
X-Multiply - Not sure about which level, maybe the final one to provide a suitable final level to the dlc set? Or the final Leo level...yes, I would probably prefer that one on second thought.
DenimDemon

R-Type Final2

Post by DenimDemon »

Yeah Final2 might be my favourite shooter of the year.
I know I know, people weren’t really that impressed with it…but it really stayed with me. Learning the stages, unlocking ships and trying / mixing courses was my favourite pew pew of the year.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

DenimDemon wrote:Yeah Final2 might be my favourite shooter of the year.
I know I know, people weren’t really that impressed with it…but it really stayed with me. Learning the stages, unlocking ships and trying / mixing courses was my favourite pew pew of the year.
Interesting. I’m a big fan of the original R-Type and its immediate sequel, but I’ve never been drawn in much by later installments. I do plan to pick this game up eventually. I should probably get on it before it’s difficult to find a physical copy.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

RTF1 Stage 6 would be awesome. Its such a perfect level. But they shouldnt change it like they have done it with RTF1s stage 2
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Did anyone ever share this replay? This dude Hinoki no-misses the entire game on R-Typer 3 with no power-ups, no force, nothing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17_UM_tfFg&t=99sx
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

professor ganson wrote:I’m a big fan of the original R-Type and its immediate sequel, but I’ve never been drawn in much by later installments.
I'm in the same boat. I absolutely adore the first game, and like the second one and Delta quite a bit.

However, RTF2 is my most-played shmup of 2021 next to GG Aleste 3 and Sisters Royale. It just might surpass Delta as my second favourite R-Type ever so slightly. The game offers some really solid stages and it's a lot of fun tackling them in very different ways depending on the ship used. Additionally, the difficulty settings offer something for everyone. The homage stages are nice little diversions that add to the overall package, too.
professor ganson

Vielen danke, Herr Schatten! I sort of dismissed this game unfairly at the start, but I keep hearing more and more that makes me want to check it out.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Its "vielen Dank" ;)
professor ganson

Angry Hina wrote:Its "vielen Dank" ;)
Was wondering about that—I was trying to say “many thanks,” which is also awkward in English (vielen Danken?). It’s like over 30 years since I’ve gotten my German grammar corrected—flashback to my college days!
Last edited by professor ganson on Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBC

Post by JBC »

I just did
Spoiler
Center Of The Planet Bydo
for the first time and wow!
Godzilla was an inside job
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

professor ganson wrote:
Angry Hina wrote:Its "vielen Dank" ;)
Was wondering about that—I was trying to say “many thanks,” which is also awkward in English (vielen Danken?). It’s like over 30 years since I’ve gotten my German grammar corrected—flashback to my college days!
At least you have tied :)
vielen Danken would be much more awkward :D
You could say just "Danke." but not "vielen Danke"
professor ganson

Sehr hilfreich—vielen Dank!
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

I thought this game was unimpressive at launch. I guess it’s really improved since? Guess I’ll get the dlc even though I’m not too crazy about the precedent it sets. This reminds me of playing new fighting games and missing out on half of the characters because I just don’t want to pay for all the dlc or there are just too many to buy them all.
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:I thought this game was unimpressive at launch. I guess it’s really improved since? Guess I’ll get the dlc even though I’m not too crazy about the precedent it sets. This reminds me of playing new fighting games and missing out on half of the characters because I just don’t want to pay for all the dlc or there are just too many to buy them all.
To be fair, these dlc levels were clearly made by the team after the original game released, rather than sliced out of the main game to make a fast buck. I personally am more than happy to have the option to buy more levels thanks to the original game's success. Luckily they are high quality and well worth the price of admission in my opinion.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

I´m not the biggest fan of R Type but found Delta great and played it a lot.
Final was a mixed case and then I loose a bit of interest to the series...
I was unsure to buy Final 2 but I did it one week ago and I`m glad I did!
The unlocking system of the ships is much better solved,game has currently 20 stages
and 5 stages upcoming in further dlc-sets...a huge amount of stages to play
and the quality is impressive.Granzella really put effort into this game! :D
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

It's 2022 now. So where the heck is R-Type Final 3?
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

I hate the Eclipse now!
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Charon's double-barrelled windshield wipers take care of those nicely. (So does any short-charged lightning cannon, for that matter.)
postman

Post by postman »

It's 2022 now. So where the heck is R-Type Final 3?
Even though RTF2's release dates are running behind schedule, this game is one that is (so far) coming through with all they promised. Other projects have fizzled out without delivering what they promised (Bloodstained, looking in your direction), so I would just give them a little time.

I smell an update for new ships soon, Granzilla has some Tweets of new craft in recent posts.
Don't just dodge bullets, dance around them.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I also have a question about R-Type Final 2. Is it true that the whole game is just a recreation of previous events and Final is still the last one chronologically? Because it always struck me as a completely new title.
Last Guardian

Post by Last Guardian »

Anybody know how to properly manipulate the various routes through stage Y3? Does it depend on the ship you are using or is it decided by which way you fly past the scanner sentinel thingies at the start? Have gotten two different entries into the fortress on half a dozen tries last night but i'm pretty sure there's more...
Airspace under control get back 100 %
Sly Cherry Chunks

There's a couple of balls that shine lights on you near the beginning of the stage. Fly above, between or below them for top, middle or bottom route.
Last Guardian

Post by Last Guardian »

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Can't wait to get back in after work.
Airspace under control get back 100 %
Sly Cherry Chunks

Granzella shared a screenshot of one of the next homage stages: stage 4 from R-Type Final. So, another Dobekeratops fight.

Hopefully we'll get three stages with this set, to round off all three courses at 7 stages each. Hope we see Gommander!
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:So, another Dobekeratops fight.
There's never too much Dobby.

So, the new trailer dropped. Apparently, there are three new stages, as expected: Stage 4 from R-Type Final, something I don't recognize (maybe a Tactics stage?), and stage 2 from R-Type 1 (Gomander, hell yeah!).
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Gave it a spin last night with dlc 6. Took me a while to get trough the first stage. Was always getting by something, beware of the boss head falling after its second phase! Lol ! Great music/mood.
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgOBeyUL3As (2:11:40)
Looks like the Dobkeratops from DLC 6 is more like a mix between Subtom from R-Type II/Super R-Type and the Dobkeratops from R-Type Final.

BTW, they need to change the roar of the Dob's. Those hawk screeches don't fit them.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki