R-Type Final2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Sly Cherry Chunks

Re: R-Type Final2

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

The remixed Subtom cameo is most welcome - an accurate representation of the boss from the original stage might mean more delays for the west as they censor another CG cock.

Completely unrelated but i discovered an option to choose the direction of defensive force when attached to the rear. A bunch of artworks show the Shooting Star with the force on the back facing the "wrong" way so thats cool I guess.

The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Samildanach

Post by Samildanach »

Looking forward to having a go a set 6 soon, especially as the standard has been so high (barring the two Delta music tracks being cut short).

Stage Y5.0 looks fantastic, and in my opinion should have been placed as the final stage of the set, especially as the boss is suitably epic and different from its original form. Don't get me wrong, stage Y7.0 is great to have; finally a squelchy and grotesque level, just a less suitable final baddy in my opinion.

Stage Y6.0 on the other hand may prove to be fun and interesting to play, but blatantly is the budget option with what looks like re-used assets throughout, especially including the 'boss'. I'm guessing the percentage of people who bought the second trilogy of dlcs is a lot lower that that of the first and they had to budget accordingly. Many more casual R-Type fans will have moved on from the game and are probably completely unaware of sets 4-6. I hope there is still enough interest for a potential set 7-9 but I would be surprised if they do appear. Fingers crossed though.
postman

Post by postman »

Next update is live in the US - lots of ships added (mostly Bydo), no Etherium in the store though, hope you have a lot stockpiled.
Don't just dodge bullets, dance around them.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Patch Notes wrote:What's new in this version.

1. Fixed sections of the game that caused instability.
2. Improved controls.
3. New developable player craft. (B-1A3/B-1B3/B-1C3/B-1D3/B-3A,B-3A2/B-3C,B-3C2/BX-4/B-5A/B-5B/B-5C/B-5D).
Note also the new "Keep speed settings after resuming" which will maintain your ship speed after a death or continue. (Still defaults to 2 any time you start a new game.)

I have a "new" indicator on the Shop for some reason even though nothing is showing as purchasable...
DenimDemon

Post by DenimDemon »

Zach Keene wrote:
Patch Notes wrote:What's new in this version.

1. Fixed sections of the game that caused instability.
2. Improved controls.
3. New developable player craft. (B-1A3/B-1B3/B-1C3/B-1D3/B-3A,B-3A2/B-3C,B-3C2/BX-4/B-5A/B-5B/B-5C/B-5D).
Note also the new "Keep speed settings after resuming" which will maintain your ship speed after a death or continue. (Still defaults to 2 any time you start a new game.)

I have a "new" indicator on the Shop for some reason even though nothing is showing as purchasable...
Yeah noticed that New notification on the shop as well. Grazella trolling us? Lol
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

What qualifies as a "prototype with Bydo elements"? Neither the Arvanche nor the Platinum Heart have worked for me so far.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Zach Keene wrote:What qualifies as a "prototype with Bydo elements"? Neither the Arvanche nor the Platinum Heart have worked for me so far.
Whats this? An unlock condition?
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

The "Beating Them at Their Own Game" trophy: "Finished Re-Experience FINAL by using a prototype with Bydo elements at BYDO difficulty or higher."
Steven

Post by Steven »

Maybe Dantalion or one of the Bydo System ships is the one you need.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

It was the Dantalion.

And now for Improper Rendezvous.... this isn´t going to be fun.
Firehawke

Post by Firehawke »

Looks like the Ragnarok II is in, along with the R99. The R100 is also in there, but locked behind a password. Probably the third one, too.

Edit: Huh. They seem to have nerfed the Giga, too-- it appears to not pierce anymore, meaning that in a lot of cases you'll end up having to point blank (or pretty damn close to it) for it to not dissipate on walls immediately.
postman

Post by postman »

Password is:

lastdancer2

The third ship in that grouping is expensive but buyable.

Guess the next step is RTF3?
Firehawke

Post by Firehawke »

There is something.. viscerally satisfying about getting back up to 101/99, similar to the relief I felt when I finally pulled it off in Final 1. It's like a huge dopamine injection right into my brain to have all the options opened up and be able to start tinkering with custom loadouts.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Firehawke wrote:There is something.. viscerally satisfying about getting back up to 101/99, similar to the relief I felt when I finally pulled it off in Final 1. It's like a huge dopamine injection right into my brain to have all the options opened up and be able to start tinkering with custom loadouts.
The Gran Turismo of shmups.
postman

Post by postman »

Now that all the ships are out, does anyone know offhand which ones have a Bydo level charge beam? (highest level)
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Sigh. What was the best stage for farming etherium again?
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Firehawke wrote:Edit: Huh. They seem to have nerfed the Giga, too-- it appears to not pierce anymore, meaning that in a lot of cases you'll end up having to point blank (or pretty damn close to it) for it to not dissipate on walls immediately.
The lower levels still seem to pierce at least. The one time so far I've fired a Bydo-level shot was at the 7.2 boss, and destroyed it while its opening was closed (or so I thought, will try again later.)
postman wrote:Now that all the ships are out, does anyone know offhand which ones have a Bydo level charge beam? (highest level)
The R-9Ø2 is the only one other than the final three.
Herr Schatten wrote:Sigh. What was the best stage for farming etherium again?
6.1 gives the most, but... well, it's 6.1. 6.2 is an acceptable substitute IMO. 3.0 isn't bad.

Edit: Improper Rendezvous done... whew.
Edit 2: Victory lap with Bydo cannon done... suck it Estoras Gomander.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

It seems there's several ships DLCs coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOUo1IjAOAU
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

how many of these 100 are new ships, or are the new ships exclusively coming as DLC?
Steven

Post by Steven »

OFX-X Mariko looks cool. I should play Image Fight someday.

Anyway, I haven't played this game since maybe a few months after launch. Got distracted by other stuff and the grind for materials for ships burned me out.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

One of the ships in today's Steam announcement seems to be the sub from Kaitei Daisensou!

FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Two new DLCs are out now on Steam (and I assume other platforms):

R-Type Final 2: APRIL FOOLS PROTOTYPE R-Craft (FREE):
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1913 ... PE_RCraft/

R-Type Final 2 - Player Ship OFX-X MARIKO:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1898 ... KO_RCraft/
Steven

Post by Steven »

The fucking In the Hunt submarine? That's awesome! Can't wait to try that.

I think the R-9uso799 was one of the high-tier crowdfunding exclusive ship candidates before it lost to... uh, whatever ships got more votes. I'm sure there is some kind of number reading joke with 799 that I'm not aware of, like with 765 and Namco, but I don't know what it is in this case.
DenimDemon

R-Type Final2

Post by DenimDemon »

Having to pay for Mariko ship is a bit too much for me. Already bought this game twice, plus it’s dlc. Cmon guys jesus
Last edited by DenimDemon on Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

DenimDemon wrote:Having to pay for Mariko ship is a bit too much for me. Already bought this game twice, plus it’s dlc. Cmon guy jesus
Yeah, I don't wanna be the "Boo to DLC!" guy, but $7 for one ship is a little ridiculous.

I thought it was an April Fools joke.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
postman

Post by postman »

Granzella posted their monthly livestream, they mention RTF 3 at about the 30 min. mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o53bE08Pros
Sly Cherry Chunks

I usually tune in for these, weird seeing Kujo without his handler this time. Why do we need online leaderboards for a game with an actual pay-to-win ship?
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

Any idea when these new levels will be released.
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab
postman

Post by postman »

Another livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uztg6eIAqS8

Didn't bother to watch with translations, but highlights are a Mr. Heli level, and a menu that allows players to "create session", which looks like some kind of multiplayer?
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

One informant told me that FINAL 3 would be just Final 2 with all DLCs and stuffs present in one package, not surprising if it's true. :lol: