Any word on Darius Cozmic going Digital?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Black Sam

Any word on Darius Cozmic going Digital?

Post by Black Sam »

I mistakenly assumed a digital version would be out the same day as the physical, like with pretty much EVERY Switch game.

And now the cost of the physical one is rising...

Any word at all?

And if I am trapped into going physical, are the 5 extra games really worth it outside of completeness above and beyond the four arcade games in the basic version?
EmperorIng

Re: Any word on Darius Cozmic going Digital?

Post by EmperorIng »

Black Sam wrote: And if I am trapped into going physical, are the 5 extra games really worth it outside of completeness above and beyond the four arcade games in the basic version?
To be honest, not really. If I understand, the normal version still gives you Darius Extra, D2/Sagaia Ver. 1 and 2, and Gaiden which are probably the main draws rather than Darius Alpha (which sucks) or the SNES games (which are more 'treats' than the main course*). No one is going to spend a lot of time vigorously learning the Sega Master System port of Darius II - you pop it in and say "wow, neat, that's pretty cool the Master System could do that" and get back to Darius Gaiden.

*Darius Twin is kinda funy (in a crude way) because it's like someone's first attempt at a shmup. Almost no bullets and enemies just try to ram into you for most of the game, in weird and awkward patterns. If you have a swift horizontal scrolling background, then having scores of enemies barrel straight downwards from the top of the screen looks awkward, guys...
GFoyle

Re: Any word on Darius Cozmic going Digital?

Post by GFoyle »

There was some tweet last month about somebody asking from the publisher is there going to be digital available too and the answer was 'No'. So I wouldn't hold my breath for that. This was also the main reason I decide to buy the physical version (standard, I'm not a collector and have no huge urge for those extra games on the special editions)