PS4/Xb1/Switch shmups that support 4:3 aspect ratio

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Re: PS4/Xb1/Switch shmups that support 4:3 aspect ratio

Post by Tokyo-J »

Extron IN1508 Scaling Presentation Switcher can edit in menu to 4:3 and change output the resolution to 480P. I have M2 ShotTriggers Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron running on the PS4 / Xbox One in full-screen TATE 4:3.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
parodius

Post by parodius »

So what output resolution do you use on the console side to achieve that ?

When you say setting the PS4 resolution to 480p doesn’t work (without using an additional video processor) on a VGA monitor, what does it do exactly?
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

parodius wrote:So what output resolution do you use on the console side to achieve that ?

When you say setting the PS4 resolution to 480p doesn’t work (without using an additional video processor) on a VGA monitor, what does it do exactly?
The signal is out of range. No display.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

I am displaying 1080p out to the Extron which is converting the signal to 640x480 VGA and has options for 16:9 or 4:3 output.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Tokyo-J wrote:I am displaying 1080p out to the Extron which is converting the signal to 640x480 VGA and has options for 16:9 or 4:3 output.
Interested in how you are going out to the Extron. I looked up the model you have but I didn't see an HDMI in. Interested to know more since I'll probably want to rig up a PS4 in my cab.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

finisherr wrote:
Tokyo-J wrote:I am displaying 1080p out to the Extron which is converting the signal to 640x480 VGA and has options for 16:9 or 4:3 output.
Interested in how you are going out to the Extron. I looked up the model you have but I didn't see an HDMI in. Interested to know more since I'll probably want to rig up a PS4 in my cab.
A VGA to HDMI adapter is used to hook up the EXTRON. You must use a Powered unit for the PS4 to display VGA.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Tokyo-J wrote:
finisherr wrote:
A VGA to HDMI adapter is used to hook up the EXTRON. You must use a Powered unit for the PS4 to display VGA.
Awesome. Might have to pick up one of these.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Angerforce

Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Danmaku Unlimited 3

finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Sweet. Just ordered my Extron. Looking forward to getting more consoles running in my cab.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

finisherr wrote:Sweet. Just ordered my Extron. Looking forward to getting more consoles running in my cab.
So how did it go? Enjoying it so far?
taz_fr_51

Post by taz_fr_51 »

Hi,

I'm looking for to plug lindbergh system on cab sega with crt, so extron can be a good to resize 720p to 480
Pïnball : Bally Lost World
Cab : Konami Winning Eleven 2014 - Sega F355 Challenger single - Sega F355 Challenger 2 Twin
taz_fr_51

Post by taz_fr_51 »

Hi everyone,

Can you explain how do you do to convert hd source to 480p by position one whell.

thx
Pïnball : Bally Lost World
Cab : Konami Winning Eleven 2014 - Sega F355 Challenger single - Sega F355 Challenger 2 Twin
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

Maybe I am missing something, but yesterday I tried the Switch in a 640x480p 4:3 monitor, and although the output fills the screen without top and down borders, the aspect ratio is wrong. Let me explain, circles are ellipsis and squares are rectangles, seems that rendering is artificially stretched vertically to fit the screen and keeps the 1280x720 source resolution.
Working in the japanese language achievement
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For Tokyo-J,

Does the Switch port of Crimson Clover support 4:3 mode on a candy cab setup?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~