16th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Results

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bydobasher

Re: 16th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Results

Post by Bydobasher »

Wow! I've never played a Turbo Express, and I've never owned a portable game system of any kind (Switch excepted I guess...). But I always thought the idea of playing R-Type, Ninja Spirit or Legendary Axe on the go was immensely cool.
davidwhangchoi

Post by davidwhangchoi »

Bydobasher wrote:Wow! I've never played a Turbo Express, and I've never owned a portable game system of any kind (Switch excepted I guess...). But I always thought the idea of playing R-Type, Ninja Spirit or Legendary Axe on the go was immensely cool.
it's amazing, you won't regret playing on it. esp since it's real hardware not emulation.
R-Type one and blazing lasers is so good to play right before going to bed.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Thanks again for putting this together, Nifty.

It's good to see Dangun and Thunder Dragon 2 at their highest spots, but Mars Matrix falling off is tragic. I think I would have preferred the other members of the big 4 getting first, but I can live with Ketsui. The order of the Psikyo games confuses me once again, I guess I still just don't understand why Strikers II is so popular.

I somehow ended up being the only person to vote for Dimahoo/GMD. That's pretty sad, but I guess Dimahoo's scoring should have made more sense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I'm already looking forward to next year's vote. I've played almost nothing but shmups since I got a 360 a few months ago and there's so much I missed out on. My list would be almost unrecognisably different now.