Sexy Parodius Graphics Issue with MAME v0.168+

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
FabulousVioletGuy

Sexy Parodius Graphics Issue with MAME v0.168+

Post by FabulousVioletGuy »

Recent versions of MAME screw up the visuals on stage 3A of Sexy Parodius. I made a little diff that you can apply to the konamigx.cpp source to fix this if you wanna play the game on MAME and actually see all sprites on that level:
https://mega.nz/file/2zJWhZYQ#VHT6JPn7D ... co_QS4T7_w

Here's to show you what I'm talking about:
Last edited by FabulousVioletGuy on Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepardus

Re: Sexy Parodius Graphics Issue with MAME v0.168+

Post by Shepardus »

I've noticed this too, so thanks for the patch!
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hello, we are in 2020 and i can't find a konamigx to fix this bug in sexy parodius. This is my favourite game. I have a konamigx but it's maybe not a good one. HLP ME PLZ ! :(
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

HELP ME PLZ. We are in 2020 and i can't find a konamigx to fix this bug in sexy parodius... I have a konamigx but i still have the bug...
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Find a konamigx rom set?

I never had issues on MAME32plus!plus! 0.119 outside of one missing background layer in the last stage. Best alternative to play Sexy is from Saturn/PS1 port via emulator, works flawlessly without graphical issues.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

I remember MAME lacking the falling pedals at the very beginning of stage 1 last I played (which was years ago now). But yeah, the PS1 / Saturn port is a good alternative. Ditto for Salamander 2, which had some issues with stage 3's background IIRC.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

PS1/Saturn port of Salamander 2 is the best one. You can select Loop 2 right from the menu without clearing first loop, you need to finish first loop tho. Again, MAME32plus!plus! 0.119 runs SL2 fine and full save state support too, albeit with stage 3 transparent background (not too game-breaking) and fucked Vic Viper sprite, which can easily solved by playing 2P side.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks for your answers but i want to play on Mame. Maybe FabulousVioletGuy will help me...
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Being that the relevant MAMEtesters ticket has remained open for five years, I don't expect to see a fix anytime soon.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi ! The file is available again ! THANKS A LOT FabulousVioletGuy ! But how does it work ? :shock: