shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:32 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Vasara Collection (NSW, PS4, XB1, PSV, PC)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:00 pm 

All right. One other thing, do you have to restart the final stage if you continue in both games?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 pm 

MachineAres 1CC wrote:
Shelcoof wrote:
Have you done an actual comparison? I'm reading that it is unique but nothing else though.

I'm actually really really curious on what the actual differences are

First, what does "actual comparison" mean, and also, comparison between what?

I've played the Vita, Xbox, Switch, and PC versions and felt how all of them feel, most of them just a few minutes between each other. The Vita version runs in lower resolution, on non-variable hardware (except maybe Vita TV) and seems to have less processing and filters than other versions since it is much more of a bare bones port without extra modes, increased resolution, etc.

I'm interesting in knowing how faithful and accurate the ports. Differences between the Vita version with the I guess version built on unity.

Comparing input lag
Game Speed
Graphics

Not sure what you mean when you say processing?
And when you say filters for the Vita do you mean it looks better?

I usually associate filters with less clarity as I usually turn any sort of filters off on games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:48 am 

xxx1993 wrote:
All right. One other thing, do you have to restart the final stage if you continue in both games?

Yes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:45 pm 

Man, who thought it was a good idea to restart the final stage after continuing? It's bad enough Aero Fighters, Strikers 1945, and pretty much every game by Psikyo did something like that... I found myself struggling with both Tokugawa and Nobunaga thanks to that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:32 pm 

xxx1993 wrote:
Man, who thought it was a good idea to restart the final stage after continuing? It's bad enough Aero Fighters, Strikers 1945, and pretty much every game by Psikyo did something like that... I found myself struggling with both Tokugawa and Nobunaga thanks to that.

It's to discourage credit feeders from getting an easy pass. Git gud.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:48 pm 

Hey everyone, first post here and first time playing this game.

I think timeless mode may be broken (PS4). I have made it to stage 19 on two occasions and the game just endlessly loads for the next level. Other than the revamped soundtrack which is fantastic, everything else about the new mode feels broken and stops getting any harder after stage 11, no new enemy patterns or extra/faster bullets or even increased boss health.

Revenge bullets are introduced in stage 8 and once you get to stage 12, it's basically the same 3 stages on repeat. Extra enemies means you can basically finish the whole stage with constant vasara attacks and can be basically invulnerable for the entire stage and during every boss fight (except 1 boss).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:30 pm 

No patch for remapping buttons yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:08 pm 

Strictly Limited is finally shipping out the LE's for this release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:46 pm 

So what's the recap of these games:

-Timeless mode: almost useless addition (like, really pretty much all cases in history where a 9:16 vertical has been squeezed on 16:9 panels)

-Vasara 1: broken for scoring because at least one boss can be infinitely milked: hiscore points don't reset once you continue;

-Vasara 2: no known issues?

also, is it me or (at least on Vita) sometimes I put the initials on the hiscore table but they don't show up? Is this a bug?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:52 pm 

FRO wrote:
Strictly Limited is finally shipping out the LE's for this release.

Hoping it arrives here by Friday 8)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:50 pm 

Got my PS4 LE from Strictly Limited yesterday (intended to just get the regular edition but they were out by the time I got to the website, figured I might as well splurge a bit), here are a few quick impressions:

- I'm not exactly an expert on this stuff but at a glance the overall quality of the items seems solid; one thing that struck me was that the outer sleeve seems to be a really tight fit on the box, it always takes me a bit of effort to get it off.

- The artbook contains only the "new" art, not any original materials (I think; a handful of sketches might be from Visco); weirdly, the Vasara 1 section has brief profiles of the characters and stage bosses but no art for the midbosses, while Vasara 2 nixes the profiles altogether but includes the midbosses. Odd. Also a brief but rather pointless "screenshots" section.

- The actual game manual is full-color, though it doesn't provide much actual instruction beyond the basics. It does include a couple of 4-koma comics, which seem to involve Magoichi from the second game being repeatedly attacked by his fellow cast members. I wonder if they've been previously translated anywhere, though I'm sure they're silly and nonsensical as all heck.

- I haven't listened to it yet, but the soundtrack contains 8 minute-or-so-long tracks from "Timeless" mode (including a "Game Over Remix"), plus two "Classic Mix" tracks at 13 or 14 minutes apiece, one for Vasara 1 and the other for the sequel. Weird why they wouldn't give those songs individual tracks; maybe there's some technical reason for that?

- Aside from the poster and sticker sheet, two postcards are also included; one is a "standard" add-on, while the other is an "apology" item, featuring the SLG logo shedding a little pixelly tear, which got a chuckle out of me. The promised bonus art print, another "apology" item, is also here, and on some sort of clear plastic; honestly I find it most reminiscent of a drink coaster, but as a last-minute add-on one can't complain too much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:20 pm 

BulletMagnet wrote:
- Aside from the poster and sticker sheet, two postcards are also included; one is a "standard" add-on, while the other is an "apology" item, featuring the SLG logo shedding a little pixelly tear, which got a chuckle out of me. The promised bonus art print, another "apology" item, is also here, and on some sort of clear plastic; honestly I find it most reminiscent of a drink coaster, but as a last-minute add-on one can't complain too much.

Yeah, they sent a similar item for the Ultracore LE preorders, when those finally shipped.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:06 pm 

Vasara Collection is $0.99 cents on Switch.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/v ... on-switch/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:53 pm 

Tokyo-J wrote:

It went on sale for 50% off twice within the past month. Not getting a lot of bites, I guess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:04 pm 

Tokyo-J wrote:

Wow thanks for the heads up. Snagged it. I mean for a dollar, and less using my shop coins lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm 

Not sure what it is but I seem to struggle getting charged and releasing it in Vasara 2 before the bullets hit me. Like my timing is completely off vs playing the arcade version. Still a great game though, always liked it.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5