16th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Discussion Thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bydobasher

Re: 16th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Discussion Threa

Post by Bydobasher »

EmperorIng wrote:
louisg wrote: I've been thinking of picking that Zero Gunner 2 up, even though it has some issues (that I'm guessing are somewhat minor if you're not super serious about comparing scores across platforms..?)
Sadly, this is not the case. The issues are more that the Switch remake (demake?) seems to be several grades easier (Arcade is probably the equivalent of Baby, Very Hard = Very Easy in terms of bullet density). I can take downgraded visuals but the lack of challenge is a real killer. Maybe it will be patched but until that point I wouldn't recommend it over a burned CDr in your Dreamcast. 8)

As I said though, it reminded me how good ZG2 was, so it's most likely gunna be back on my ballot! Maybe there's enough time between the steam release of Psyvariar and the end of voting for some people to put it on their list, too? Ha ha.
I bought the Switch ZG2 a few weeks ago, and I really like it (I never played the Dreamcast version, nor did I ever see an arcade machine). Actually, this is the first Psikyo game I've ever really liked! I could never get into the likes of Gunbird, Strikers, or Dragon Blaze, but I've been playing ZG2 quite a lot. I've never played anything else which controls like ZG2; it took me a bit to figure out what was going on, and then I was struck by how clever it is, enabling you to turn quickly on a dime if you need to. It won't make my T25 this year, but I'm very impressed with it, so we'll see what happens once I spend more time with it....
Nifty

Re: 16th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Discussion Threa

Post by Nifty »

The final day of extensions has commenced.

Edit: Welp that's a wrap I suppose

I don't really need the thread locked by the way, sometimes people need to fix up errors late
Live to fly, fly to live, it's all very orthodox