16th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Discussion Thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Some-Mist

Re: 16th Annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time - Discussion Threa

Post by Some-Mist »

excited to read the lists
it will be the first year I won't participate since the 10th annual vote in 2013 - for 2018 I only sunk time into muchi muchi pork and progear (again) and my list would be exactly the same as last year. I finally got that mmp 1.0 1CC though ;) and still working on knocking zerst's score off my board

I did play a little bit of zero ranger, black bird, neko navy, and momoiro underground but I barely scratched the surface on any of them. maybe I'll get some more play time in during 2019 ^_^
a creature... half solid half gas
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Bydobasher : I am in the process of sorting out my own list and writing the comments, and I will probably have ZeroRanger in it too. A shame it isn't compatible with your setup, it's a very interesting experience. Hope you'll be able to play it eventually.
EmperorIng wrote:Aside 2: I am this close to 'getting' Milestone. I've played their games on-and-off for years but with little commitment. Radirgy brings me back more than others. An HM mention for Radirgy? Maybe!
Hehe, go for it! I think Herr Schatten's comment earlier about why it's in his list is very accurate. The flow from one ABS-net to another just feels right, and it pushes you to play agressively throughout most of the stages.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
louisg

Post by louisg »

Bydobasher wrote:Well, your list inspired to me try Gorf again, for the first time in years. I love the variety in that game! Shooting the core of the mothership is so satisfying.

Also, I had a game of Phelios, and I'd forgotten how much fun it is. When I think of Namco shmups from that era, I always think of Dragon Spirit/Saber first. I'm not sure why I don't think of Phelios too. It's got a different feel, since you don't have the shooting/bombing mechanic. But the charge shot and the special weapons are fun. The music is so dramatic, and everything looks good. It's even got some kind of "Mode 7" rotation and scaling effects! I'm glad you included this one.

And I see you replaced the extra Ordyne with X-Multiply. I'm a big fan of late '80s Irem, but this one I only came to appreciate quite recently. Now I love it though.
Gorf is so cool! I remember playing that and Time Pilot on Coleco a lot at a buddy's place during the NES era. Phelios is also so overlooked. I've played the Genesis port the most, and while it does look more and more rushed the farther you get into it (the fire boss looks particularly bad), it's a solid shmup. I'm not sure why it never gets much attention. And when I first saw that first parallax scrolling every direction, I was floored. It's so dramatic- combined with the music, it really feels like you've launched off of a cliff and into a huge adventure!
Humans, think about what you have done
Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

louisg wrote:Gorf is so cool!
It really is. I've been playing it since dannycheeto posted his list, and I'm enjoying it very much. I appreciate how you have some vertical movement; it enables you to get around some enemies and/or shots in a way that is not possible when you're confined to one dimension. I also appreciate how you can only have one shot on screen, but you can cancel your shot by firing again; and those short, fast shots are useful when defending against enemies who approach you. The variety of stages keeps everything fresh, and the explosion of the flag ship is the "Gradius V boss explosion" for 1981. I'm having so much fun with it, I might include it on my own list!
louisg wrote:And when I first saw that first parallax scrolling every direction, I was floored. It's so dramatic- combined with the music, it really feels like you've launched off of a cliff and into a huge adventure!
Yes, exactly!
louisg

Post by louisg »

Bydobasher wrote:[quote="louisg]
And when I first saw that first parallax scrolling every direction, I was floored. It's so dramatic- combined with the music, it really feels like you've launched off of a cliff and into a huge adventure!
Yes, exactly![/quote][/quote]

I was watching video of Phelios to remind myself of things I liked about it, and one thing that still stands out today is the rider chase segment. I liked how tricky it is- it has a different feel to other shmups' fast-scrolling parts because it's about exploiting that simple AI to get the riders to crash. I'm surprised it hasn't been copied much. I'm also a big fan of the parts where the archers run onto the ledge, and you push them back with each shot. It's got its shortcomings, but there's a lot to like there.

Re: Gorf: I think we tend to forget about all the scoot n shoots in the wake of Space Invaders. Most are forgettable, but there are some real gems. I love the 2600 version of Demon Attack, for example. I guess we forget about them because Galaga came along and introduced so much depth to the subgenre that everything else seemed thin as paper by comparison. But, there are still great games that deserve a little more attention than they have gotten in the last 30 years, IMO.
Humans, think about what you have done
Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

Herr Schatten wrote:
Bydobasher wrote:As for Gradius Gaiden, I still haven't learned to like that one; I prefer the original, II, III and V to that game, and maybe even the GameBoy titles!
The GameBoy titles are stellar, very underrated.
I played them both in recent days, and they're better than I remembered. The first one is a bit deceiving, because it borrows a lot from Gradius and Gradius II initially, but it's got more new material the farther you get into it. I never did like the black and white visuals of the Gameboy; that said, the graphics in Nemesis are finely drawn. And the music is as good as ever. The best part about the sequel on GB is that it's so very original -- maybe more than any other Gradius sequel(?). Bosses are different, stages are different, music is different.... I think I prefer the first GB game, but they're both well made.
louisg wrote:I was watching video of Phelios to remind myself of things I liked about it, and one thing that still stands out today is the rider chase segment. I liked how tricky it is- it has a different feel to other shmups' fast-scrolling parts because it's about exploiting that simple AI to get the riders to crash. I'm surprised it hasn't been copied much. I'm also a big fan of the parts where the archers run onto the ledge, and you push them back with each shot. It's got its shortcomings, but there's a lot to like there.
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that and I had a hard time with it when I came across it recently. Just now I got through it though, and well into the fire level before succumbing to the enemy. The game has such a distinctive style, in its Greek setting, its visual effects, and in "set pieces" like that chase segment. So glad dannycheeto reminded me of this game :)
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

One more week of voting! I gotta make my list in the next few days... I've been playing Psyvariar Delta non-stop, but i don't know if it'd be fair to vote for a game I haven't even unlocked all the stages for.
Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Can confirm that voting has now entered the final week. There's been more activity than last year so far, which is promising, albeit not quite enough yet to expect to hit a passable minimum.
Live to fly, fly to live, it's all very orthodox
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Same post from last year:
Square_Air wrote:
Shepardus wrote:go vote.
I know there's people skimming this thread that are eligible to vote, get on writing up that list before time runs out. There's plenty of you active that are holding out on us, get to work.Image
My list has also changed a considerable amount from last year. The two big additions are none other than Out Zone and R-Type, 2 games that many people consider to be timeless classics, and I'd have to agree with that notion. While the scoring mechanics can be a little janky/not exactly my tastes (Zero Wing ships in Out Zone & checkpoint milking in R-Type), the level design in both of these games is superb. R-Type may have a few more issues, but the force mechanic is so compelling and well used throughout the game that I can forgive a few missteps.

The 3 new games that made it on my HM list (Gun.Smoke, Judgement Silversword, and 2hu 9: Phantasmagoria Of Flower View) are all pretty interesting. Gun.Smoke is old as dirt, but is still a blast to play. Seeing as how much I love Robotron, I probably should have played this one sooner. Silversword is something I just cleared yesterday and am quite impressed by. The slowdown definitely hurts this game, and I wish the shield was even half as defensively useful as it is in Eschatos, but there's too many great areas and bosses to not include this. POFV is a really odd duck since I would never include this game for the single player, but i'm actually including this one for the multiplayer. I'm not the biggest fan of the AI TAS dodging, but playing this game with a friend really changed how I thought of this game. I was going to just drop this after Lunatic + Extra, but after enough time I've come to appreciate this head to head shmup style, at least when playing against humans. I'll have to give Twinkle Star Sprites and PODD a try sometime this year.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Quick question: Are we supposed to split up label variants? Like DOJ White Label and Black Label?
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Mark_MSX wrote:Quick question: Are we supposed to split up label variants? Like DOJ White Label and Black Label?
From the rules:
Nifty wrote:05. Please be specific when voting for ports, or when different games share the same title. Some versions are similar enough to count as the same game, but others are counted separately due to significant differences (e.g. Gradius III or UN Squadron). In some cases, both region and platform may be important. Votes that do not specify platform will be assumed to be for the arcade/other original release, or in isolated cases the most well-known version (e.g. [Zanac] will be considered a vote for Zanac NES). Be careful with notation too, as [Slap Fight MD] is not considered the same thing as [Slap Fight (MD)]. If in doubt, it's always better to specify (or ask/check a previous years' results; last years' are here). I've also started keeping a more convenient guide, which I will be gradually updating/improving. Also note that you are still free to include more than one game version on a ballot if you so desire. More obscure releases/arranges/ports/etc may not yet be covered and will be evaluated when and if they crop up.
The pastebin link ("more convenient guide") is what you'd be interested in.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

I noticed that a couple of voters have included Daioh in their lists. Is there any reason why you prefer this to its own remake Shienryu?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Shienryu has too many bullets (and the medals don't help visibility...) and the SFX are way too blown out, are my two significant gripes. I also don't like most of the music that much, compared to Daioh which has some very good music IMO.

That said I do like Shienryu, but I think it's not as good as Daioh overall.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Shienryu is going to be on my upcoming ballot. I never played more than a credit or two of Daioh so I can't compare. I think the game itself is really quite fun and adventurous. It took a lot of effort and learning to survive some deliciously tough stages to clear the game (I never made the 2ALL).

Definitely right on the music being one of the weaker aspects. It doesn't help that you listen to the same boring 4-bar loop while fighting the octopus boss for 12 minutes. :roll:
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

edited my list, had to bump Ikaruga off for Otomedius G
Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

Herr Schatten wrote:I noticed that a couple of voters have included Daioh in their lists. Is there any reason why you prefer this to its own remake Shienryu?
I didn't vote for Daioh, though I considered it strongly. I've always liked Daioh very much, but I never got into Shienryu. Music is definitely a big part of that. But there's something in the game itself . . . I just find Daioh more engaging somehow -- and considerably so. Also, the final boss in Daioh is one of my favourites. I don't think Shienryu ever excited me in the same way -- though I do admittedly have much less experience with it.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

I can't stand Daioh.
Shienryu on the other hand is quite amusing.
iconoclast wrote:edited my list, had to bump Ikaruga off for Otomedius G
I don't know why, but this brings a weird smile to my face :)
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

I enjoy both Daioh and Shienryu a lot, but there're a few parameters that I find more appealing in Daioh:

- One loop in Daioh takes about 20 minutes whereas one in Shienryu lasts roughly 30. That is, if you don't die repeatedly on the final boss in the latter, which happened frequently to me in the second loop. As such, a 2-ALL in Daioh is considerably closer to a 1-ALL than a 2-ALL in Shienryu in terms of invested time. And for games with frantic action, I usually prefer a moreso taut structure.

- I personally find that Daioh gets more exciting a lot earlier on for the reasons that trap15 delineated - in Daioh, you have fewer bullets which generally move faster which lends itself for more extemporaneous action than Shienryu's methodical nature.

- If you play the US version of Daioh (which is what I did), you have a grand tactical element at your disposal what with having all weapons/bombs available at all times. This is never a possibility in Shienryu, meaning that boss fights will last a lot longer unless you change your weapons at the perfect moments.

- Daioh's difficulty progression tends to be more even than Shienryu's. Daioh is harder than Shienryu for the most parts, but those parts that are difficult in Shienryu easily overshadow the tough sections in either game, which is jarring. As I've mentioned, the final boss in loop 2 of Shienryu is aggravating.

- Daioh looks and sounds like a (particularly advanced) console 16-bit game which is almost always preferable to me irregardless of the fact that Shienryu is likewise a gorgeous game.

- Both games are silly when played for score (or outright broken if you are serious about it in the case of Daioh), but Shienryu's colossal bonus on the final boss depending on which weapon you've used has to be the most idiotic choice they could've come up with.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I wanted to vote for Psyvariar Delta (or rather, Revision) badly, but I feel like I'm not familiar enough with the game to do so (haven't unlocked X-D, for one). It's hard to see me -not- voting for it next year. The game is truly wonderful.

If I come back to my ballot in the next few days I might bump Game Tengoku out of HMs. I am pretty familiar with the game from the Saturn port, but the Cruis'n Mix just elevates the game a lot in my eyes. All the characters, from jokey to cool, the different modes. It's a game that deserves more respect (and people actually playing it - which is what you CAN do now that you don't need to shell out a fortune for the Saturn port and its modes).
Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Stilll a wee bit short, I'm extending again.
Live to fly, fly to live, it's all very orthodox
ReDiR

Post by ReDiR »

After checking what others have put on their list, it's clear that nobody have played Jamestown. Shame that they have missed best design, story and music in shmup genre.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

ReDiR wrote:After checking what others have put on their list, it's clear that nobody have played Jamestown. Shame that they have missed best design, story and music in shmup genre.
You should probably elaborate on your point instead of dropping a drive by one liner, it would be easier to sell people on playing Jamestown (or any other game) that way. There's a few more people that have played Jamestown here than you may expect.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

ReDiR wrote:After checking what others have put on their list, it's clear that nobody have played Jamestown. Shame that they have missed best design, story and music in shmup genre.
I played it. Felt a bit more like Jonestown if you ask me.

I also took a look at your list to see what else I should be playing, and, well, I guess it's nice to see you're making good use of those Steam sales.
the androgyne

Post by the androgyne »

I rushed to pop my first top 25 vote in last night (for me) just as the deadline was extended!

Truth be told, I was a little hesitant to add my votes. I'm one of those "enjoys STG games but not particularly good at them" types. And actually this year was the first time where i've played an acceptable amount of at least 25 games. Since I don't really explore emulation anymore, and don't succumb to Steam, I don't have that many to begin with!

So, i haven't even finished a lot of these let alone 1CC'd them, but I still know what I like and can say a few words.
Hopefully my list doesn't skew the results so much that it annoys any longtime players with more experience.

[25] [TxK] - This was my first Tempest game, I always wanted to play 2k but never had a Jag. My grandad introduced me to Jeff Minter on his Amiga with the game Llamatron. I guess his games stick in your mind for a long time! Love the music, visuals and pacing of this game. Never really feels unfair and steadily introduces new challenges.

[25] [R-Type Delta] - I really love the anchor type ship! It just feels great to play as. Also the gritty neon visuals that I think hold up very well.

[25] [Ketsui Deathtiny] - I only recently got this but it quickly jumped to the top of my list. Normally i'm not too bothered about going for score, since i'm not good enough to 1CC, but the risk/reward of the chip proximity here is just really addictive and fun. The port's Arcade challenges have really helped me get better too, while Deathtiny mode can seem like a different game altogether that's also very fun.

[25] [Gradius V] - The thing i love about this, like all the Gradius games i've played, is how massively overpowered you get. It gives you that feeling like "how can i not win?!". Only for it to all fall in a heap because of a stupid mistake you can only blame yourself for!

[23] [Battle Garegga Rev 2016] - I love the structure of the medal scoring. It's kind of absurd in a great way, that you have to go through 20 sizes before it's maxed out! Getting there feels like a real accomplishment. I think this might have my favorite aesthetic in a 2d shooter as well. The pixel art is just magnificent!

[20] [Gradius Gaiden] - I really like this one for the Jade Knight's Round weapon coupled with the Limit shield type set to your first slot. That makes for an experience unlike any other!

[20] [Darius Gaiden] - This was one of the first shooters I bought myself so that might skew my placement a little. But it has so much going for it, from visuals to sound, level variety. I like that it takes a long while to get fully powered up. You really feel like you're on the edge of your seat cause you could lose it at any time!

[18] [Axelay] - There's something special about this that makes up for the short length and it's relative ease. With the visuals and audio, I don't think many other games have the atmosphere of Axelay. Stage 3 and the Fire Boss, if you play them on a real SNES it'll still shock with how impressive it looks. Gameplay wise, like most people I prefer the horizontal stages, but I think it's really the Round Vulcan that makes this game so much fun.

[18] [Einhander] - Just a really unique game with an awesome aesthetic. Are there any other games where your weapons could get physically blasted off like this? Or that had a similar ammo setup? I think it shows some great innovation.

[18] [Dangun Feveron] - The music to this one can get stuck in my head just from thinking about the game! This is another game that just compels you to go for score. I also really like the modes M2 added that incorporate the line and cyborg suction!

[18] [Ikaruga] - You could probably tell from the others in my list that this one would be here eventually. I keep playing this in the hope that one day, my hands and my brain will somehow manage to communicate with each other sufficiently!

[15] [Gradius III (SNES)] - I wish i'd have played this when it first came out, as I think I might have played a lot more shooters if i did. Is it bad that I kinda like the slowdown? ... It feels nice to think the game is bringing the SNES to it's knees! Probably the nicest Gradius soundtrack i've heard too.

[15] [Dodonpachi] - The first Cave game I bought. I have the Saturn version, where low resolution explosions can make it a bit hard to see. I think it'd probably be higher on the list if i'd have played the arcade game. But it's still grand and really feels like a landmark game. Plus, I think i hear the "boss approaching" tune from DDP in my head no matter what game i'm playing! Or in real life when a large fellow is walking towards me!

[15] [Soukyugurentai] - The first Raizing game I bought. I like the air/land weapon approach of this game though i tend to get overwhelmed and fire the wrong one quite a bit! It still has a really unique presentation as well that I think holds up well (especially among games with pre-rendered graphics)

[15] [Area 88 (SNES)] - Another I wish i'd played when it came out! This has some very unique gameplay mechanics. It plays out differently depending on your skill level - if you get through levels quickly you don't upgrade as fast. I like the varied weapons (that you really need to take advantage of) and the bombing run bit, though that can get a bit repetitive grinding when you're in need of funds!

[13] [G.Darius] - Lots of cool things here. Different routes through the levels, the capture and counter weapon are really cool.

[10] [Resogun] - I really like the dashing back and forth to find humans, and to find the optimal path. Plus that presentation! Can't imagine anyone not being impressed by the boss explosion effect.

[10] [Nex Machina] - This is my favourite of the top down dual stick shooters. It has the fun inherent to those kind of games but the extra secrets and great weapons push it over the top. I just wish it had a little crisper resolution!

[10] [Layer Section] - I like this one for it's clean visuals and for feeling traditional while having the lock on mechanic. But i feel Soukyugurentai did air/land a little better.

[10] [Sexy Parodius] - Just a crazy game! I feel like the Parodius games incorporated the bell items much better than Pop 'n Twinbee below.

[5] [Pop 'n Twinbee] - I like how this has a mode that focuses fire on one player, so my wife can play with me! But getting the right powerup can get a little annoying, with how you get them from clouds, coupled with your spreadshot making it hard to be precise before enemies start swarming!

[5] [Super Stardust Delta] - This is a quality game but I feel like the run-length is a bit too long. I end up feeling like suiciding after a while!

[1] [Radiant Silvergun] - I have a tough time playing this one because of all the weapons! It seems a bit convoluted, maybe because i played Ikaruga first.

[1] [Raiden V] - I got this because i have fond memories of Raiden DX in the arcades when I was a kid. But it just feels kind of plain. I need to get DX!

[1] [Sine Mora] - I think this has an interesting gameplay mechanic but it kind of kind of makes me play sloppier, and it has some cheap level design!
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

Very subjective. I've played and cleared this game and it's nice but not something really incredible.
Exy

Post by Exy »

trap15 wrote:Nostradamus
I looked this up and immediately had to play it just because of the adorable art on stage 2. Reminds me of Xargon or a Bitmap Brothers game or something.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32074
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37013

I think stories are generally ignored for the most part, but if I had to pick one of my favorites I think battle bakraid is pretty badass with it being based on an air show secretly turning into warfare/a launch attack.
ketsui being based on the UN starting a rebellion/taking down the arms dealer EVAC in world war 3 is pretty great too
a creature... half solid half gas
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

We still need some more votes! I need to do a write-up myself, lol, and maybe make any last minute switches. That's the thing about 25. You might have a good idea about top 5, but deciding between 17-25 is a little harder to quantify.

I was thinking of my ballot when I saw Plasmo mention elsewhere that an infinite scoring trick was discovered in Shienryu. It doesn't change my enjoyment of the game, but it might scare people away, for some reason.

On a semi-related note, it reminds me that Thunder Force V actually has a maximum score. Built in by design (I presume). That's absolutely nuts. I guess it provides a final, ultimate challenge for someone to play the game absolutely perfectly, if someone had the inclination (at least one person on the TF5 scoreboards did!).
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Tedious afternoon, I'm bored so...

[25] [Mars Matrix] - A prime example of a scoring system that's flexible, engaging and extremely rewarding. All hail Takumi and its defining masterwork.
[25] [Mushihimesama] - Unbeatable mix of fantasy and danmaku and a marvel of art design. Stage 5 is one of the responsible moments of me embracing my passion for the genre.
[25] [Gradius V] - I loved this even before I was keen on playing shmups. Outstanding atmosphere and scope. Meteor level also made me love the idea of impossible odds and glorious victory.
[22] [Radiant Silvergun] - Epic game, and a color-coded scoring system that's more suitable to my sensibilities than overhyped Ikaruga.
[22] [Border Down] - Love the atmosphere in this one. It's hard not to be wowed by the spaceship battle of stage 3.
[22] [Under Defeat] - Probably the definitive military-themed shmup for me. Beautiful to look at, greatly satisfying to learn and play.
[20] [Judgement Silversword] - It's awesome how so much was made out of so few resources.
[19] [Chaos Field] - When I learned that going back and forth between order and chaos mirrored a certain rhythm this one clicked like few others did. And dat music.
[15] [Dodonpachi Dai-ou-jou] - Unmatched intensity, an almost unbearable feeling of impossibilty, and yet so fun to play.
[15] [Crimzon Clover] - Same as above, yet even more intense perhaps. Hard not to fall in love with it upon a first contact.
[14] [Psyvariar MU] - A slow burner but certainly a keeper. Also an interesting case of substance over style, which is rather rare.
[13] [R-Type Delta] - Irem nailed it in the head here. Awesome step forward, perfect respect for what made R-Type so influential.
[13] [Einhänder] - Quite unique, never really matched in its uniqueness. Great atmosphere too, and dat soundtrack.
[13] [Darius Burst ACEX] - I still need to play this more, since I'm always just enjoying its greatness leisurely.
[9] [Omega Five] - Very underrated arena shooter with some deep scoring mechanics. It's also beautiful, but sadly too short.
[9] [Deathsmiles] - The last game to make me play a whole night through. Immensely fun and appoachable too.
[8] [Rayforce] - A true classic that never gets old and never forces you beyond what's actually reasonable (unlike Raystorm).
[8] [Shienryu] - Great fun, I love the epic fight against the last boss.
[7] [Pulstar] - The best R-Type clone I can think of. It's awesome, its snoozy first half is duly compensated by the nice sci-fi motif.
[7] [R-Type] - No need to praise this even more.
[5] [Ketsui] - Overwhelming intensity plus a somewhat cryptic scoring system, brutal yet so very fun.
[5] [Raiden II] - This one is just brutal, pure punishment even. It gives a special kind of rush once you're in the zone though.
[5] [Giga Wing] - The first danmaku I ever tried, and still one of the best whenever I get back to it.
[4] [Subterrania] - The best gravity shooter out there, period. I also feel it's very underrated, which is a shame.
[2] [Silpheed SCD] - An incredible sense of outer space adventure, and another one that never loses its charm.
Bydobasher

Post by Bydobasher »

Well, I'm glad you were bored Kollision, it was fun to see your reasoning. I see you've got R-Type Delta and Einhander weighted the same! I've also got those at the same level in my list, though they're higher up.

Actually, I just adjusted the weighting in my list. Before, my weighting was very coarse, ranging from a high of 5 to a low of 3. Just now I actually tried to take better advantage of the range of weighting we are afforded, so now my list ranges from a high of 25 to a low of 10. This makes the list look quite different -- even though the games themselves haven't changed -- simply because now they're ranked much more finely.