Taito Legends 2 (Xbox ver) emulation issues

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Lord British

Taito Legends 2 (Xbox ver) emulation issues

Post by Lord British »

So, games like Gekirindan, Gridseeker: Project Stormhammer, Gun & Frontier and Rayforce are stretched out for me. When I see youtubes of other people playing (on either PS2 or Xbox) sometimes it's stretched out like mine or has the correct screen ratio. What's going here?
Mero

Re: Taito Legends 2 (Xbox ver) emulation issues

Post by Mero »

Should be an option on the options screen to correct the aspect ratio, the tate games are stretched by default iirc.
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

Mero wrote:Should be an option on the options screen to correct the aspect ratio, the tate games are stretched by default iirc.
And this is for Xbox, not PS2?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I have the PC version which AFAIK is closer to the Xbox version than the PS2 version. I don't plan to re-install, but, if I remember correctly, there is a general options menu that has the option to change the screen size. Some games, even though they are no longer stretched out, still aren't in the correct aspect ratio, though.
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

I'm wondering if this depends on region, be it US, EUR, or JP. Mine is US.
Mero

Post by Mero »

I had it on PS2 but the option to put right should be there on Xbox, you've already heard it's on PC, you're somehow overlooking it.
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

Mero wrote:I had it on PS2 but the option to put right should be there on Xbox, you've already heard it's on PC, you're somehow overlooking it.
HA, I totally overlooked it!

It's listed as "Global Settings" on the menu where you scroll between games. I was just looking at the menus after you selected a game. Thank god. Can't believe I overlooked it.
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

Lord British wrote:I'm wondering if this depends on region, be it US, EUR, or JP. Mine is US.
And to correct myself, my version is PAL, there is no US version, though the PAL version is US compatible.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Lord British wrote:
Lord British wrote:I'm wondering if this depends on region, be it US, EUR, or JP. Mine is US.
And to correct myself, my version is PAL, there is no US version, though the PAL version is US compatible.
I was about to write the same thing. Glad to see you figured it out though. :)

Decent pack overall, though I wish Rayforce ran better. It seems pretty choppy to me at times on the Xbox compilation.