Aleste is coming back?!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Re: Aleste is coming back?!

Post by PerishedFraud ឵឵ »

Who needs replayability in their shmups anyway :lol:
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Replayability usually refers to replaying the same thing, not playing a different branch.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Strider77 wrote:Hard Coprs hate = lame and off topic
I don't hate Hard Corps. Sure, it's good, but I think it's pretty overrated and there are other good Contra titles out there. And that's all I'm going to say about it.
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Sumez wrote:Replayability usually refers to replaying the same thing, not playing a different branch.
But it is the same thing? No matter what branch you take you're still playing darius or the objectively coolest contra game.
xxx1993 wrote: I don't hate Hard Corps. Sure, it's good, but I think it's pretty overrated and there are other good Contra titles out there. And that's all I'm going to say about it.
I agree, it's overrated as all hell, but it also happens to be really damn good.
Fun Over Victory| Shitpost Central | Shmusic Archive | Old Account | tuckfouhou@gmail.com
BIL

Post by BIL »

xxx1993 what have you done :o Now I've got to fight Strider IRL for my mint NTSCJ copy Image to see whose BATTLE SPIRIT CLOTH is best :shock:

There is some value in bringing up (THE) Hard Corps here, as circa 1993 Nobuya Nakazato was very much all-in on the "branches = XTREEM REPLAY" mindset. I respectfully differ with the old master though. I'd prefer a single, carefully calibrated course meant for gradual mastery and performance play over time. Yeah the noobs will "one and done" it, but FUCK EM. Easy to say when nothing is on the line I know. The man's gotta eat. :oops:
Nakazato-sama wrote:A game you can have fun playing over and over… does such a thing exist?!
Y-yes my lord, you directed a few! >_>

Branches can surely work but you better not waste my motherfucking time, and by that I mean keep standards up across the board and GET THAT JUNGLE BOSS OUTTA MY FACE YOU MOTHERFUCKER Image Again THC isn't the best ambassador of the approach as frankly it needed tightening up / shuffling around to meet its full potential.
Spoiler
^You may not like to do this, but I DO (;`ω´;)
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I agree, it's overrated as all hell, but it also happens to be really damn good.
It use to be overrated... now it's just shit on whenever it gets mentioned these days (in here). Which it doesn't deserve, especially with things like Legacy of War farting around.

BIL, was it your copy of HC I bought off here (years ago)?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Nope, only MD game I ever sold on here was Dahna and even though it's kind of a crummy game, I regret even that. :cool: My copy is on sale for the low price of CHOKE ON EM dollars and PRY IT OUTTA MY COLD DEAD HANDS cents. :wink:
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Overrated or not, Hard Corps is still amazing and the best Contra game.

That's a fact, you can look it up.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

DietSoap wrote:Overrated or not, Hard Corps is still amazing and the best Contra game.

That's a fact, you can look it up.
No, that is NOT a fact. It's just an opinion from people like you. Know the difference between fact and opinion. It'll be sad if you don't.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Might want to calibrate your sarcasm-o-meter.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

You know what, I don't give a damn if it is sarcasm or not.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Might want to start, as you've now got at least one mod's undivided attention.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

I like Hard Corps Uprising the most...

I'll show myself out.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I really shouldn't have brought it up... I'm completely derailing this entire topic. I'm not gonna post anything else on here until September 7th.
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Weren't we supposed to get something today?

edit: here's some stuff
https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1170294005327728640
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Thank you. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anything because none of the gaming sites I usually go to haven't posted anything yet.
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Boy I sure do love machine translations
xxx1993 wrote:Thank you. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anything because none of the gaming sites I usually go to haven't posted anything yet.
I assume it's because M2 didn't send out a formal press-release and journalists are lazy asshats that were too lazy to compile the info themselves, but I dunno. Could be totally wrong on that.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I seriously hope that isn’t the only info we have, though. I was expecting some details about the plot, or maybe a trailer.
BIL

Post by BIL »

DietSoap wrote:Image
BURN THE EUROSHUMP HERETIC
MORE INFORMATION REQUIRED Image
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Man, I hope they give us more.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

We're already way past the 7th, is there not much else? Come on, I expected more than that...
the androgyne

Post by the androgyne »

Famitsu has a report on the event that includes some new info on Aleste Branch: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201909/09182913.html

The somewhat strange long nose of the ship design is now explained by the weapon power up which mount alongside. They look cool!

iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

the androgyne wrote:Famitsu has a report on the event that includes some new info on Aleste Branch: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201909/09182913.html

The somewhat strange long nose of the ship design is now explained by the weapon power up which mount alongside. They look cool!

Sweet Lord the hype is off the charts with this one
Keeping your games sealed is like keeping your ass sealed when you have to take a number 2. Not natural.

My Instagram: galvatron86
PerishedFraud ឵឵

Last edited by PerishedFraud ឵឵ on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryu

Post by ryu »

The idea sounds great on paper but that nose still looks dumb even with the weapon mods surrounding it
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
KAI

Post by KAI »

aw yiss, shmups thongs are back, and still no videos...
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Just how long until a trailer finally drops? And again, they better get a seiyuu to voice Ellinor already...
PerishedFraud ឵឵

xxx1993 wrote:how long
Asking the real questions are we now?

:lol: 8)
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I'm actually feeling excited with this more than R-Type Final 2. I just can't wait to see what more they have in store for this.
PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

First a new R-Type Final game announced, and now a new Aleste game.

Life's sweet.