shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:27 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:36 am 


User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 477
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Zeether wrote:
ATTRACTS wrote:
Zeether wrote:
So do the English trophies mean this has a chance of a localization? Would love the Switch release for portability...

How important is localization in a shmup where all of the menus have been translated here for you? I don’t say that to be snarky, I’m genuinely curious if there’s something I’m missing.

Because it'd be cheaper than buying JP eShop/PSN cards?

I'm just frustrated that there's radio silence from M2 on western releases of these excellent ports because either Dangun and Garegga bombed here due to people being complete fools about the cost not being worth it or they just hate the west for some reason. It doesn't bode well for the Toaplan stuff either.


It’s 4500 yen which translates to $42.00 USD. A 5000 yen card is $49.99. I guess I don’t see that much of a big deal with an extra $7-8 bucks(assuming you’re in the States). There is very little reason for them to release completely niche titles over here when everyone has stuffed their asses full of first person shooters and other garbage. They aren’t going to spend more resources than needed when they are already probably pushing their own limits money wise to make these happen. I bought the digital and grabbed the physical PS4 release. You want these games to continue, sometimes you gotta bite the bullet.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:16 am 



Joined: 26 Jan 2015
Posts: 202
Location: Southern Cali
Im in 100% agreeance with ATTRACTS. I don't mean to sound mean, but if spending a few extra bucks on a worthy game will break the bank, then one should evaluate their life decisions . In all seriousness, I love supporting companies and projects like this. These aren't huge blockbusters and they need all the support they can get. As far as localization goes. Who cares. Japanese, English, whatever. They're shooters not RPGs. let's stop being so trivial.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:50 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 2087
I think the major menus in this one are mostly easy, and the options are something you have to look up once and then never again. I'm not sure--do we have a translation of the Esper Room missions?

I have a number of import titles, including the entire Cave 360 catalog. That being said, I was always annoyed by my Japanese copy of Akai Katana. I always forgot which options were which on the pause menu. So it makes sense to me to prefer an English version, especially because Esp.rade has more text and menus and Esper missions than most shmups.

I'm loving the ShotTriggers games, and i'd hate to put myself in limbo waiting to play this one, or Garegga, or the future Toaplan titles. But people have prefences, and even "trivial" preferences aren't trivial when it comes to a videogame purchase.
_________________
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
    catstronaut loves games


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:18 pm 



Joined: 19 Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Xyga wrote:
Quote:
03-01-2020 08:19 The delivery of the item was unsuccessful


what - the - fuck

:shock:

Dunno where this is going but PA + PostNL = never again


Agreed. Just got shafted by customs in the UK when it *finally* arrived whereas normally games from the Far East just get delivered.

Going to have to stick to eBay in the future...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:54 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2019
Posts: 108
Location: NYC
I came into shmups primarily in the Saturn/Dreamcast era where imports were simply required as there was little hope of any of the big-name games getting western releases. These last few years of physical releases have once again filled my shelves with kanji-covered spines, and it puts a dumb, nostalgic smile on my face. It's really silly, but there's some elitist joy I get from "being in the know" and hunting down these masterpieces that 99% of modern gamers don't even know exist. That said, I take ANY western release and would gladly double-dip on Esprade if I were so lucky to see it come to life.
_________________
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:48 am 


User avatar

Joined: 03 Jul 2014
Posts: 513
Location: Australia
Special World wrote:
Wait, where's the option for hitboxes? Is it obvious and I just haven't looked?


Game Settings - Other Settings:

Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:16 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 7158
Location: block
Sparkoids wrote:
Xyga wrote:
Quote:
03-01-2020 08:19 The delivery of the item was unsuccessful


what - the - fuck

:shock:

Dunno where this is going but PA + PostNL = never again


Agreed. Just got shafted by customs in the UK when it *finally* arrived whereas normally games from the Far East just get delivered.

Going to have to stick to eBay in the future...

Mine arrived today, and although I wasn't charged extra it was definitely held in customs, there's a half-torn yellow sticker stating it's not fulfilling conditions for articles something something.

P-A have the wrong carrier/shipping method here, clearly.


EDIT: anyway nice port indeed, as expected from M2 we're used to that quality now.
Noticed a slight desync moment but nothing to cry about.
Output options still lacking but tweaking using the PS4's resolution, display area, and in particular supersampling settings it looks good-enough.
_________________
Strikers1945guy wrote:
"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:25 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Posts: 395
Location: UK
Doesn't PlayAsia ship everything from Hong Kong? Usually items posted from there get delivered without any additional customs fees to the UK, regardless of the value of the item... :shock:
At least in my experience of living here for the last 10 years :mrgreen:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 7158
Location: block
It transits via the Netherlands then it's handed to the various countries postal services. Dunno why they chose that method with PostNL, seems to be the wrong choice/horse.
_________________
Strikers1945guy wrote:
"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3661
Location: Chicago, IL
I'm glad this story is happy end for you, Xyga. Now to join the rest of us in gacha mode. :mrgreen:

I got almost 7mill by 5.1 in Arcade Plus with J-B. I'm getting better, even if I'm not very consistent in getting combos, especially on the first stage when I don't have enough shot power. My score on stage 1 (B) fluctuates between 700k and 880k before the boss, and I consider it 'good enough' to end the stage with 1.1 million.
_________________
Image
DEMON'S TILT [bullet hell pinball] - Music Composer || EC2151 ~ My FM/YM2612 music & more! || 1CC List || PCE-CD: The Search for Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:27 pm 



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 62
Location: UK
werk91 wrote:
Doesn't PlayAsia ship everything from Hong Kong? Usually items posted from there get delivered without any additional customs fees to the UK, regardless of the value of the item... :shock:
At least in my experience of living here for the last 10 years :mrgreen:


I've heard several people say this, but I've had the opposite experience: I used to use them regularly between '05 and '08 without ever getting import duties, but after that period I would always get caught! :cry: To compound things PA now have slower and more expensive postage options nowadays, so I've used Amazon.co.jp or ebay for most of the stuff I've imported in the past few years.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:03 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 36
Xyga wrote:
Mine arrived today, and although I wasn't charged extra it was definitely held in customs, there's a half-torn yellow sticker stating it's not fulfilling conditions for articles something something.

P-A have the wrong carrier/shipping method here, clearly.


EDIT: anyway nice port indeed, as expected from M2 we're used to that quality now.
Noticed a slight desync moment but nothing to cry about.
Output options still lacking but tweaking using the PS4's resolution, display area, and in particular supersampling settings it looks good-enough.


Glad you got it. Mine's in the country according to Royal Mail tracking so hopefully not far off now.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:11 am 



Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Posts: 20
Sparkoids wrote:
Xyga wrote:
Quote:
03-01-2020 08:19 The delivery of the item was unsuccessful


what - the - fuck

:shock:

Dunno where this is going but PA + PostNL = never again


Agreed. Just got shafted by customs in the UK when it *finally* arrived whereas normally games from the Far East just get delivered.

Going to have to stick to eBay in the future...
same here £18 customs,gonna wait till it’s on Amorim or eBay next time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:15 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 7158
Location: block
Can you change the voices back to orignals in Plus and Custom modes ?

Somehow I like the remixed musics but the new voices not so much, JB5th sounds like a douchebag.

EDIT: I don't get that part
Quote:
Ψセット システムボイス設定: "Psi" modes: system voice
  • システムボイス(男): System voice (male)
  • システムボイス(女): System voice (female)
  • 相模祐介: Yusuke Sagami
  • 美作いろり: Irori Mimasaka
  • アリスマスター: Alice Master
  • 近江覚: Satoru Oumi
  • ガラ婦人: Ms. Garra
_________________
Strikers1945guy wrote:
"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 36
And it's finally here, dodging customs luckily. Can't remember the last time I was stung for customs from Japan actually. Never have been from China or elsewhere and Asia. It's only the USA which seems to get me every time.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:31 pm 



Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Posts: 20
This game is awesome,I expected to be like a easy ketsui,I was very wrong the characters movement feels different to say a typical ship I think that was a pleasant surprise how it feels similar yet different!and it’s very challenging!hope m2 continues giving us these great games for consoles.cant belive cave don’t make shmups any more,and here we are playing a 22year old game and it’s awsome!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:43 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Posts: 1387
Location: Canada
Ddshot wrote:
This game is awesome,I expected to be like a easy ketsui,I was very wrong the characters movement feels different to say a typical ship I think that was a pleasant surprise how it feels similar yet different!and it’s very challenging!hope m2 continues giving us these great games for consoles.cant belive cave don’t make shmups any more,and here we are playing a 22year old game and it’s awsome!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Just remember this is the best game ever made by Cave

All other opnions are invalid. That is the Law :mrgreen:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:35 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2019
Posts: 246
Location: BW, Germany
^ You mean violations will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam! :mrgreen:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:48 pm 



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 62
Location: UK
6t8k wrote:
^ You mean violations will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam! :mrgreen:


I grin like a fool every time I load the game up and see that message. :)

Got to say having the option to have visible a hitbox is a real revelation. The way the sprite shifts across when moving laterally can make misjudging the hitbox so easy. I'll certainly take the advice someone previosuly mentioned here, tapping instead of holding when moving sideways when moving through tight spots. I'm finding the Ketsui-style multiplier counter handy too!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:11 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 2087
Watching superays for this one are especially intimidating because I have a hard time getting consistent x16s on the big enemies. I dunno if it's just a matter of memorizing the "feel" of them, and if my window for killing them while they're "tagged" is running out. But it's very perplexing sometimes when I don't get a x16. Also unsure how long the multiplier lasts--if it increases in duration for every enemy killed or what. So i'll try to turn that on in th eoptions and see if it gives me what i need.
_________________
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
    catstronaut loves games


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:37 am 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Posts: 1004
Location: France
The timing between the shot and bubbles changes depending on the enemy, yeah. You have to get a feel for it based on experience. Some bigger enemies also need to be weakened a bit before performing the trick.

Dunno how it is in the M2 port, but on the arcade version if you hold B while pressing Start to begin a credit, you will see the multiplier and its timer near the top corners of the screen on your player side. That should give you a good indication of how long you can cash in on that mutiplier.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.

Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:08 am 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 1892
Location: Maryland, USA
M.Knight wrote:
The timing between the shot and bubbles changes depending on the enemy, yeah. You have to get a feel for it based on experience. Some bigger enemies also need to be weakened a bit before performing the trick.

Dunno how it is in the M2 port, but on the arcade version if you hold B while pressing Start to begin a credit, you will see the multiplier and its timer near the top corners of the screen on your player side. That should give you a good indication of how long you can cash in on that mutiplier.

It's the same, and you actually earn a trophy doing it on the PS4 version.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:29 am 



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 1395
Location: Vienna, VA
M.Knight wrote:
The timing between the shot and bubbles changes depending on the enemy, yeah. You have to get a feel for it based on experience. Some bigger enemies also need to be weakened a bit before performing the trick.

Dunno how it is in the M2 port, but on the arcade version if you hold B while pressing Start to begin a credit, you will see the multiplier and its timer near the top corners of the screen on your player side. That should give you a good indication of how long you can cash in on that mutiplier.


You can also permanently turn on that display in the port's options. Do it manually once to earn the PS4 trophy and then turn it on forever.
_________________
Suck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:38 am 



Joined: 26 Jan 2015
Posts: 202
Location: Southern Cali
Ddshot wrote:
This game is awesome,I expected to be like a easy ketsui,I was very wrong the characters movement feels different to say a typical ship I think that was a pleasant surprise how it feels similar yet different!and it’s very challenging!hope m2 continues giving us these great games for consoles.cant belive cave don’t make shmups any more,and here we are playing a 22year old game and it’s awsome!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I say that to myself every time. Been playing a bunch of PS4 Battle Garegga and thinking what an amazing game. And the thing is over 20 years old. Now Im doing another playthrough of Mario 64 and I feel 99% of modern games cant touch the level design of this over 20 year old game.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:05 am 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Posts: 837
Location: Fairfax, VA
Jonpachi wrote:
I came into shmups primarily in the Saturn/Dreamcast era where imports were simply required as there was little hope of any of the big-name games getting western releases. These last few years of physical releases have once again filled my shelves with kanji-covered spines, and it puts a dumb, nostalgic smile on my face. It's really silly, but there's some elitist joy I get from "being in the know" and hunting down these masterpieces that 99% of modern gamers don't even know exist. That said, I take ANY western release and would gladly double-dip on Esprade if I were so lucky to see it come to life.


I know exactly what you mean! I would have preferred a cheaper digital USA release for this game, but once I got my physical import version in the mail last week, I felt just like I did when importing shooters in the late '90s/early '00s. It's been a while since I've dropped full price on a physical import release ($60+).
_________________
YouTube | Twitch | Website | STG 1CC List


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:00 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2019
Posts: 108
Location: NYC
Anyone notice in the art book that JB 5th is referred to as "Black Peter Pan"? I never really thought too much about his costume design before, other than it being pretty androgynous, but now it all makes sense!
_________________
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:48 pm 



Joined: 16 Apr 2018
Posts: 39
Black Peter Pan sounds like the title of a Lil B song.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 280
White Peter Pan was already taken by Michael Jackson.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 5671
Location: Where the fish lives, WV
I love this game. So glad it finally has a good home port. Wish more of it was in English though. Hard to figure out some things.

Anyone know how much lag this has, compared to the PCB? (sorry if this has been asked)
What is the usual ShotTrigger lag?
_________________
My Collection: http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/col ... Collection


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:26 am 



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 47
Location: Sweden
evil_ash_xero wrote:
I love this game. So glad it finally has a good home port. Wish more of it was in English though. Hard to figure out some things.

Anyone know how much lag this has, compared to the PCB? (sorry if this has been asked)
What is the usual ShotTrigger lag?


I'm playing on both PS4 and PCB, and I can't notice any additional lag in the port.
If anything, I seem to be doing better on the PS4 compared to on PCB for some reason...

I think PCB is 2 frames or something?

edit: Apparently the Switch version has 1-2 frames more lag according to forums (page 10 of this thread, as well as on cave-stg.com)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ebbo, Google [Bot], Wittischism and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group