M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Shelcoof

Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

Post by Shelcoof »

Martinov wrote:
Shelcoof wrote:I was getting all excited thinking its going to be shipping in a few days.

Checks my amazon.jp order and its shipping Dec 22nd :(
Surely the arrival date is the 22nd? My Amazon order says release is the 19th, ETA is 22-24.
My Bad
Arrival Date states 22nd and 25th :oops:

Can't help it the page was all in Japanese :wink:
6t8k

Post by 6t8k »

A bit late, but: photo gallery of the Dec 07. presentation.

Aside from ESP Ra.De. Ψ, also contains bits of info about Darius Cozmic Collection / Bubble Bobble 4 Friends / Aleste Branch / PC Engine Mini / Cotton Reboot / BEEP reprint of Undeadline for MSX2.

Also Yuge is secretly a (space) insect - I knew it all along! :o
Austin

Post by Austin »

Got my Play-Asia shipping notification. We're in the last stretch, folks!

Going to be a double-whammy for me as I also grabbed Ketsui on PS4 along with ESP rade. It's going to be a good day when they arrive.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I ordered it digitally and I wonder whether it will unlock at midnight! Only a few hours til we find out.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

I got shipping notification too!!hope I get it before Christmas,this is the most I’ve looked forward to a game in years!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Felt left out, but now I have my shipping confirmation.

Along with PSikyo vol 2 and Ketsui.

YAY!
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Stanshall wrote:I ordered it digitally and I wonder whether it will unlock at midnight! Only a few hours til we find out.
Yep, it's playable NOW on the Switch if you bought it digitally. Woop woop!
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Stanshall wrote:
Stanshall wrote:I ordered it digitally and I wonder whether it will unlock at midnight! Only a few hours til we find out.
Yep, it's playable NOW on the Switch if you bought it digitally. Woop woop!
Oh damn! Now I'm exactly where I knew I would be, with my LE version supposedly shipping tomorrow, having paid $120 for the game and expedited shipping, and about to go buy eshop points so I can play it right now...
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Is it on PSN yet?
kuze

Post by kuze »

Anyone that bought from Amazon get a shipping notification yet?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

evil_ash_xero wrote:Is it on PSN yet?
No, it'll probably be around 9ish hours from now.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Play-Asia notified me that my order shipped. Any luck and I'll play it before the year is over, but I have patience. It's not like this is a DispatchGames situation and I'm waiting for 8 months after my card was charged, lol.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

CloudyMusic wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:Is it on PSN yet?
No, it'll probably be around 9ish hours from now.
Thanks.
RawlingGunnar

Post by RawlingGunnar »

Neat. "Preparing Order". Looks like it'll be shipping soon, but likely won;t show until January. Regardless, looking forward to the extra bits in the LE.
IS THIS WORLD SPINNING AROUND
-
Should be "Trolling Gunner," amirite?
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

“Preparing Order” as well...
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

How much is it on the eshop for those with a Japanese account? :mrgreen:
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Jonpachi wrote:How much is it on the eshop for those with a Japanese account? :mrgreen:
It's ¥4950. I would recommend g2a for credit. I got ¥5000 for £34 rather than £42 at PlayAsia.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Stanshall wrote:
Jonpachi wrote:How much is it on the eshop for those with a Japanese account? :mrgreen:
It's ¥4950. I would recommend g2a for credit. I got ¥5000 for £34 rather than £42 at PlayAsia.
Thanks! My order is still in "processing" and I'm get antsy...
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Well well, what's this?
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Played the Switch digital version for the last few hours. Decent port but absolutely frustrating using the Switch’s shit Joy Cons. Pro controller doesn’t fair much better unfortunately. I expected this in theory but it’s pretty brutal (Switch Lite owners forget about it). EspRaDe is already a fairly floaty feeling game and the imprecise JoyCons/Pro sticks make dodging tougher than it should be. That said...

I double dipped and got the physical PS4 copy where I can use my arcade stick and have much more confidence heading that direction based on my experiences with the other M2 Cave/Raizing releases. All in all I’m happy to support their endeavors and I’m super pleased this exists. It’s not their fault the Switch control hardware is janky. Keep the games coming M2!
kuze

Post by kuze »

There's always the possibility of using an arcade stick with the Switch too. Brook UFB supports it for example, so you could use the same stick as you do on your PS4.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

kuze wrote:There's always the possibility of using an arcade stick with the Switch too. Brook UFB supports it for example, so you could use the same stick as you do on your PS4.
Yeah def an option but I’ve experienced lag that way and would rather just main over on the PS4. This purchase was just to support the cause and have the game for some quick plane/train sessions. My message was just a heads up to anyone debating one over the other. The port is solid, but your efforts (if you want to play aggressively might be hampered if you only have a Joy Cons/Pro controller to go with.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

ATTRACTS wrote:
kuze wrote:There's always the possibility of using an arcade stick with the Switch too. Brook UFB supports it for example, so you could use the same stick as you do on your PS4.
Yeah def an option but I’ve experienced lag that way and would rather just main over on the PS4. This purchase was just to support the cause and have the game for some quick plane/train sessions. My message was just a heads up to anyone debating one over the other. The port is solid, but your efforts (if you want to play aggressively might be hampered if you only have a Joy Cons/Pro controller to go with.

How much lag? Enough to make a big difference?
schnuth

Post by schnuth »

kuze wrote:Anyone that bought from Amazon get a shipping notification yet?
I got one a couple hours ago. If DHL is to be believed I’ll have it on Friday.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

ATTRACTS wrote:Played the Switch digital version for the last few hours. Decent port but absolutely frustrating using the Switch’s shit Joy Cons. Pro controller doesn’t fair much better unfortunately. I expected this in theory but it’s pretty brutal (Switch Lite owners forget about it). EspRaDe is already a fairly floaty feeling game and the imprecise JoyCons/Pro sticks make dodging tougher than it should be.
The D-pad on the Hori Split Pad Pro makes that the only choice for me with handheld Switch play. I've hooked up my 360 stick as well and it's absolutely fine, not noticeably laggy, but I'm not very familiar with the game. Really enjoying it, though. What a belter.
CRP

Post by CRP »

Anyone tried it yet with HORI Real Arcade Pro V the native Switch version on using adapters ?
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

ATTRACTS wrote:EspRaDe is already a fairly floaty feeling game
Do you have direct experience with the original PCB (on a CRT monitor)?
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

schnuth wrote:
kuze wrote:Anyone that bought from Amazon get a shipping notification yet?
I got one a couple hours ago. If DHL is to be believed I’ll have it on Friday.
Same, DHL shows Friday for me too. Amazon actually has a Tuesday, 12/24 delivery estimate... but the DHL tracking seems to indicate it will show up sooner.

By the way, for those who were interested in SuperSweep's Arranged Soundtrack release, they delayed it last week by about a month. Was originally slated for a December 24 release, now it's scheduled for release on January 23.
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

Bassa-Bassa wrote:
ATTRACTS wrote:EspRaDe is already a fairly floaty feeling game
Do you have direct experience with the original PCB (on a CRT monitor)?
I have and I don't think there is that big a difference between playing on Switch (handheld and docked using arcade stick) and original in a arcade. There is probably some more lag on console / using modern TV of course, but it's still so good that I don't at least have a feeling that i would need to play differently to adjust. M2 has done (again) amazing job with the port, especially on Switch considering the challenges of getting the input lag to be on good level on that machine.

As for a floaty feeling, maybe there is some more compared to something like dodonpachi (one of the two shmups I often jump between in arcade) or maybe it's a bit like optical illusion because of the graphics and style, esprade having flying humans and all.

I'm going to double dip for PS4 too, to support and also to the game on both machines always available. I'm expecting that the Ps4 could have 1 frame less input lag than on Switch, but let's see if I notice anything when I get it.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

GFoyle wrote:As for a floaty feeling, maybe there is some more compared to something like dodonpachi (one of the two shmups I often jump between in arcade) or maybe it's a bit like optical illusion because of the graphics and style, esprade having flying humans and all.
This is interesting because then (if we agree that a floaty feeling is one of the least desirable things you can find in the genre), the games with flying humans as avatars would be automatically flawed vs. ship-based games. I think that it may have more to do with how this game's player sprites are animated, there are too many frames for their own good. Espgaluda feels different, I always thought. Then again, I'd like to know more opinions on 'Rade's original input lag: is it Cave's "laggiest" game?