M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
zakk

Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

Post by zakk »

Special World wrote:
finisherr wrote:heh, I just realized that in order to score this game, you're going to have loooooong boss battles.
I think they cleared that up in Arcade+, no?

Is it because you can shoot things like the bullet canisters on the rolling tank boss, or what? I dont quite understand why the game is milky.

It's kinda fixed in Arcade+, but not really.

The 'issue' is that you get points for B-shot contact, so you can just spray bosses with the 'small' bits of the b shot for tick points. You can do larger enemies too.

Honestly it's a bit overblown for most people. You really don't have to care about it unless you are pushing WR level scoring.
DazTM

Post by DazTM »

I’ve just got this for my switch lite.
Is there a way to play it in tate mode by using a single joycon?
I hate that shmup devs dont cater for this.
AAA

Post by AAA »

DazTM wrote: Is there a way to play it in tate mode by using a single joycon?
That's a bloody brilliant idea.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

DazTM wrote:I’ve just got this for my switch lite.
Is there a way to play it in tate mode by using a single joycon?
I hate that shmup devs dont cater for this.
For a normal Switch, this is actively discouraged because the joint simply isn't up to the task of holding the entire weight of the main Switch up. It probably doesn't do great things for a Lite either.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

nm. misread something.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Anybody know why I can't access the leaderboard on my Switch? It just defaults to local rankings.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Do the online leaderboards require a Nintendo Online account? I have no idea if they do, just thought that might be a reason why.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Have you patched up to the latest version? IIRC there was a patch soon after release that fixed an issue with being unable to access the leaderboard.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Oh... it's probably because i'm on a US account. Right? Or wrong? I do have Ninty online. And the latest patches i think.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Being on a US account doesn't matter. I'm on a US account and can access and post scores to all the leaderboards.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Hm, well then i have no idea. Is there some way i can make it check for a patch?
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

I'm not in front of my Switch to check right now, but I believe if you press the + button when highlighting a game in the main Switch menu, it should give you options. In there I believe is where you can find the option to check for updates.
Special World

Post by Special World »

For some reason i can sometimes access it now. Two questions:

How do I view replays?
And what is Arcade Osari? And what do I do to interact with it? Its just a bunch of blank tvs now.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Special World wrote:For some reason i can sometimes access it now. Two questions:

How do I view replays?
Behind either Ranking Viewer or Materials Room in the pause menu, I forget which one.
And what is Arcade Osari? And what do I do to interact with it? Its just a bunch of blank tvs now.
Based on how it works in Ketsui, if you play Arcade Mode (not sure about Arcade Plus?) it lets you replay segments where you've died in the past, so you can practice those parts. You get points for doing so which are also ranked on a leaderboard, but they don't actually mean anything.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Making some nice progress this weekend! Cracked 9m and pushed it up to Lady Garra. I was on my last life going into her "butterfly wings" sequence when she finally caught me in a corner.

https://imgur.com/m4gbW6b
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

I have been poking around in the manual a bit trying answer some questions I had and I wanted to share a couple things I noticed about the Esper Rooms. My Japanese is weak, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

So generally as I see it from a gameplay standpoint, the Esper Rooms function as part Custom Mode, part Training mode. Both modes are accessed through the Mission Mode (しゅつ‐げき【出撃】). I feel like the English descriptions are accurate, I will note that while this game lacks a true arrange mode, the Esper Rooms do have some cool Power and Speed arrange modes for some stages. Anyways in Story Course is where you will find most of the Custom and Training Modes.

To train a part of a stage or a boss, use no barrier. To play custom mode use Pet support. The custom part is all in english, use the tickets to build up different parts of your character, then have fun using the custom character in the story and challenge courses. As a side note, in my limited experience, bronze tickets and silver tickets are not worth using on their own, you can convert 10 bronze tickets into 1 silver ticket, and 10 silver tickets into 1 gold ticket. Pets can be leveled up to level 99, although it likely wont be impactful until level 16.

So anyways I had questions about the Esper Rank, the Jewel, judge money, and changing pet skins.

So to change pets go to the Furniture slot and place some pet furniture in the room (has the pet type in the bottom corner of the furniture icon). After you have pet furniture in the room, hover over it and press Y (on switch) to choose the skin of the pet you want on that piece of furtniture.

As you get more judge money your Esper Rank rises and you get Fukubi and Pet tickets. Also the more missions you complete the higher your Jewel grade gets. The highest jewel grade is Diamond (after completing all mission on at least super easy). I think the easiest way to think of Judge money is score. The higher your score, the more stuff you can unlock in the Esper Room. Each Esper Rank requires a number of judge points to level up. The next counter counts down to the next esper rank, as you obtain judge points from completing missions. When you level up your Esper Rank, you get bonus Tickets.

Esper Rank (next counter) and pet customization are character specific. However, Judge Money (total counter), and tickets are account wide.

There is a Judge Money Rank Boards. So there are leader boards for all modes of the game.

So if you want to either make your Esper cool or compete for Judge Money, get to grinding stage training on no barrier mode. Although one thing Im not sure about is how the judge money award is calculated. Each mission gives a base amount of Judge Points, but I know you can increase it (significantly) based on your performance. Its not just the point items you collect, it likely has something to do with points scored. Either way I can double the base amount, I just don't know how.

So I guess in short, the Esper Rooms are rewarding you for training at the game. I think thats cool. I wrote this thing because no one had really given any help on how to use the mode, so I had to resort to imperfect tactics. Hopefully someone will come along and give a better translation or understanding of this mode. Until then you guys will have to suffer with what I wrote.
Special World

Post by Special World »

And as far as I know it's the only way to train Alice Master (100% the story course to unlock her)
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

You just need a 1CC to unlock her, and you can do it on Super Easy Mode.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Jonpachi wrote:You just need a 1CC to unlock her, and you can do it on Super Easy Mode.
I was specifically talking about in Esper Room! Unless that's what you meant also?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Oh my bad. I haven't touched any of that room stuff. Opened the UI once and just said, "NOPE!" and never went back.
Special World

Post by Special World »

It's actually a very fun mode! The only thing you really need is the top option, I think. Theres lots of mini challenges. I quite like it. You can even play through the game with a permanent x16 fever. A basic arrange mode, perhaps? And again, the only place to practice as Alice (well, you can savestate arcade plus obviously)
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I've had the Switch version since day 1, and I've done fairly well at it. My best run had me making it up to Lady Garra and past the statue-head portion of her fight. Yet... I can't shake the little worry that somehow the PS4 version runs better. So, last night I cracked and ordered that version too. :oops:
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Jonpachi wrote:I've had the Switch version since day 1, and I've done fairly well at it. My best run had me making it up to Lady Garra and past the statue-head portion of her fight. Yet... I can't shake the little worry that somehow the PS4 version runs better. So, last night I cracked and ordered that version too. :oops:
Can't you emulate it on Switch? Does Retroarch work on it? It should play it better than any port.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

So I know it's probably all psychological, but I finally got my PS4 copy yesterday and this morning I came within one life of getting the 1CC on Arcade mode. I sincerely doubt the reduction in input lag over the Switch port is responsible, but just thinking that it's running better probably got me to be even more relaxed and focused as I played.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

New update on the port finally came out. You fight a new, challenging Alice TLB if you die twice or less before Alice. Otherwise you get the easy-peasy Alice. I guess that's ok but I think I would have gone with 3-miss. Seems like too narrow a margin for error especially when Garra is a hard fight as is and you have to grind to no-miss up to that point.

I look forward to seeing all of you non-Jaimers* players try and reach her. Maybe I'll test Super Easy mode and see if there's a neutered version of her in there (since it's impossible to die in Super Easy).

*yes yes, unsurprisingly, one day later nmnb tlb, etc.
ShotOfSelf

Post by ShotOfSelf »

Jonpachi wrote:So I know it's probably all psychological, but I finally got my PS4 copy yesterday and this morning I came within one life of getting the 1CC on Arcade mode. I sincerely doubt the reduction in input lag over the Switch port is responsible, but just thinking that it's running better probably got me to be even more relaxed and focused as I played.
It's not psychological at all. My performance increased across the board in every game I was playing once I reduced input lag in Mame and I've read many similar accounts on the net. Double checked by going back and forth just to be sure since I couldn't believe it either. The biggest surprise was Metal Slug 1 which I know very well, it feels like a whole new game. Mark from Electric Underground helped me discover the beauty of reduced input lag and now life couldn't be better. :mrgreen:
DrTrouserPlank wrote: I don't see how I can get any better. The reason I am not improving is because I am as good as it is possible to be.
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

Does anyone know what the update that popped in does? I have a digital PS4 and a physical Switch copy and they both auto-updated tonight. Just curious... Version 1.04 is the update.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Special World wrote:For some reason i can sometimes access it now.
Maybe it's the same thing that happened to me with Darius Cozmic Collection? I got a message that my score was too low for the leaderboards. When checking the leaderboards trying to check the scores, I got a message that I had to wait to view them again because I checked them too much.

I tried comparing the Switch and Steam versions of Strikers 1945. Input seemed to occur at the same time, but the sound played later on the switch. So there is definitely some sort of extra lag. Odd thing is that the game almost seemed to be in sync when both versions chose the same level.

The switch online NES emulator has very low input lag. I heard it has less than NES classic and it's low enough for beating The Jaquio in Ninja Gaiden.

Make sure to update the official controllers. The Pro controller was extremely laggy before an update dropped on the eshop, though there haven't been more pro controller updates since then. So far, the controllers with the least input lag seem to be the Pro controller, 8bitdo M30 2.4g for MD Mini, and the Hori RAPVH. I'm also under the impression that response on PC and Switch improved on the Mayflash F300 Elite after the MD mini update
Dante666

Post by Dante666 »

Hi there, hope you are all good,
so i recently got ESP Ra.De and really liking it so far, maybe this question was already answered, but i got it on the nintendo switch and was wondering how to get on the online leaderboard? i do not have my console always online, and so far. if i even can make a 1cc run it will show up in the lokal rankings. I know you have to be first at the top 1000 to get on the leaderboard on the first place, but to ask maybe differently. If i ever make a score really high and my local score is visible. will it transfer if i am online? or do i have to do something to transfer my local score (lets say it would be top 100 on the leaderboard point wise) as i am not always online and play mostly offline...
thx in advance,

Ps. Any tipps how to improve in this game please let me know :)
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

This game flew under my radar entirely. Just ordered it for PS4 on Amazon and hoping to have it by midweek.