M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
msm

Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

Post by msm »

i don't know how they're limiting it but i can certainly use a lot of credits now, but couldn't when i first started playing.
it290

Post by it290 »

Wow, the arranged soundtrack is kinda cheesy but it definitely kicks ass. Feels like this one has more 'powah' than the Garegga remixes, at least for me.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Im having a blast with the M2 Battle Garegga , but all this ESP talk makes me rush out and get me a copy of this.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Any ideas what the next m2 shottriggers release gonna be??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GSK

Post by GSK »

They recently teased The Great Ragtime Show/Boogie Wings, but I don't think they're planning to release it immediately after ra.de. They're also handling Toaplan's catalogue but those may not be ShotTriggers releases.

My guess is something off one of the boards they've already supported: Cave 68 (Donpachi, DDP or Guwange), Cave PGM (DOJ or ESPGaluda) or a Toaplan ver.2 Raizing game (so, Batrider, Bakraid or Shippu Mahou).
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Batrider, Bakraid or DOJ would be amazing. Please.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Is there a way to keep it from resetting your display settings for the arcade modes after playing Esper's Room? Every time I play Esper's Room, it switches my arcade mode settings back to yoko and I have to change them when I change modes again. I'm playing on Switch, not sure if the same issue is on PS4.
it290

Post by it290 »

Have any other details emerged on what the Arcade Plus mode entails? It feels a little more difficult/faster than Arcade to me, but I'm not able to easily discern what the other differences are.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Per Jaimers:
Arcade Plus differences I've noticed:
- New TLB.
- No powershot milking on the main body of bosses (you can still do it on the parts).
- Boss timers are a whole lot shorter so you can milk even less.
- New Alice Master shottype.
- You can turn on a visible hitbox.
- Boss phase indicator in the healthbar.
- New voices and arranged music of course.
There is no true arrange mode but Arcade Plus does streamline the parts of the game that people had issues with.
Though there are some Arrange challenges in Irori's room and you can also mess around in Custom mode.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
heli

Post by heli »

I dont like flying magicians with wings and all.
The sound and gameplay is good maybe i still want it, only 80 euros i am not in the mood to order right now.
Fantasy sucks i hate RPG.

Bring batsugun i instant buy.
BIL

Post by BIL »

heli wrote:I dont like flying magicians with wings and all.

Fantasy sucks i hate RPG.
I get you heli! Strictly concerning aesthetics, I will go for random Toaplanesque tanks n' helis (ITS JUST LIKE BEING BACK IN NAM Image) over ~UWUU FLYING LOLIS~ any day! HOWEVER, ESPRade has always packed preternaturally bloodening destruction, and is actually a good deal more visceral than Batsugun and many other "flying vehicle" STGs. Especially when you nail fuckers with the full Heavy B salvo! Infantry shredded into red mist, roofs ripped off buildings, heavy armour torn and twisted by unfathomable telekinetic force like so much wet cardboard... Image Killer, Double Dragon-guttural explosion SFX too.

It's more Scanners: THE SHOOTING than JRPG Bath House Buddies XVIII. Image
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Several laughs in that ^ post. Great stuff.
heli

Post by heli »

You convinced me, now all i have to wait is for a ebay seller.
Play-asia is a weird site, they ask shipping and mess with the prices when you order ( make them higher on checkout ).
Any other site where i can order for 60 without extra shipping costs ?
Nate123

Post by Nate123 »

gl with that one shipping from jp is costly
heli

Post by heli »

I had ketsui free shipping 60 dollar also.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

heli wrote:Play-asia is a weird site, they ask shipping and mess with the prices when you order ( make them higher on checkout ).
Any other site where i can order for 60 without extra shipping costs ?
Shipping costs are buyer's responsibility. You would have to be some sort of idiot to think they're going to eat the cost of shipping out of the base price.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
banjoted

Post by banjoted »

Grrr, my PS4 copy has been sitting at 'ready to dispatch' on the postnl tracker since Dec 23rd :-/
guyot

Post by guyot »

Has there been any talk from M2 about going back and rereleasing Battle Garegga/Mahou Daisakusen/Dangun Feveron on Switch? I remember them saying there were issues last year while testing, but they have obviously since released ESP rade so I was wondering if they'd said anything on the matter.
RGC

Post by RGC »

third_strike wrote:
RGC wrote:Any idea if they've added an option to reduce the boss timeout?
Why would they do that?
Boss time in this game seems fine.
I was never a fan of the long boss-milking necessary for a decent score. Looks like I can't be the only one if they've reduced the timeouts in Arcade Plus.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

PostNL sucks. WTF play-asia so ssssslooooowwww. *yawn*
Ok P-A always had slow base shipping and arguably it was the worst time of the year for that.
Still, I've never had such a sluggish order from them before.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
banjoted

Post by banjoted »

Xyga wrote:PostNL sucks. WTF play-asia so ssssslooooowwww. *yawn*
Ok P-A always had slow base shipping and arguably it was the worst time of the year for that.
Well, at least it's not just me. I have a mate whose Switch copy arrived on Dec 24th :-/
Ddshot

M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

Post by Ddshot »

banjoted wrote:Grrr, my PS4 copy has been sitting at 'ready to dispatch' on the postnl tracker since Dec 23rd :-/
i feel your pain,I had email mine was shipped on the 18th and still haven’t received it yet!!wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

My regular PS4 edition from P-A is still not at the post office, according to tracking information. Is there a different site to check prior to USPS?
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

banjoted wrote:
Xyga wrote:PostNL sucks. WTF play-asia so ssssslooooowwww. *yawn*
Well, at least it's not just me. I have a mate whose Switch copy arrived on Dec 24th :-/

I ordered from Amazon Japan, and DHL would have delivered it on the 20th but we were traveling that day so I had them hold it till Monday the 23rd.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I got this in the mail today. I promised you all that I'd crush and collect that supereasy mode 1cc. And lo:

No-miss baby. Time to dump this off on the trading station. 8)

Can you play any soundtrack you want in any mode (outside of Arcade mode)? If so, which setting is that under?
it290

Post by it290 »

Load a mode, pause the game and then pick the 'Direct Menu.' Press the Y button (or square, I guess) when picking a mode to change the BGM for that mode.
banjoted

Post by banjoted »

Actual progress with my PA order. Now says "Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre". Which I guess means it's still some way off, but at least it's not lost.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

banjoted wrote:Actual progress with my PA order. Now says "Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre". Which I guess means it's still some way off, but at least it's not lost.
Mine was saying the same on the 24th...
On the 30th it was finally on the way to my country, so basically it only actually shipped yesterday.
13 days from the original shipping notifiction. :lol:
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

It's 2020. Make your new year resolution to not shop at Play-Asia anymore. We have better options now.
6t8k

Post by 6t8k »

Also keep in mind P-A are HK-based.

Going to take the opportunity to voice my appreciation for the short wait after unpausing before the game continues, which appears only during a credit and M2 have included in this form since Garegga'16.

- effectively impedes cheating through pause buffering
- after unpausing, you're less thrown into the cold water, which can also matter a lot when you're loading a save state

It's the details my friend, it's the details Image