M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NTSC-J

Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

Post by NTSC-J »

The photo is from the article EOJ linked to in the above cave-stg link: https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/190529b. It'll still be a while until the game comes out, but for now they're taking suggestions about what "gadgets" people would like to see. The one mentioned in the article is a "world clock" that displays the current time in the game world. Very useful.
donluca

Post by donluca »

I really, *really* hope they'll port their other games to the switch, that would be fantastic.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Pretty awful they've totally abandoned the Xbox gamers that supported the first two releases.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Astro City II wrote:Pretty awful they've totally abandoned the Xbox gamers that supported the first two releases.
I hear they're both livid.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

SuperPang wrote:
Astro City II wrote:Pretty awful they've totally abandoned the Xbox gamers that supported the first two releases.

:lol:
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

SuperPang wrote:
I am sure they sold more than 2. I bought Dangun Feveron and Battle Garegga and many others have as well. I would really like them to release Sorcer Striker and I do not care which console it is for as long as it gets a western release. Or at least a physical PS4 release in Japan.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

So they won't port to PC because windows 10 input lag, but they'll port to Switch with even worse joycon lag. Yes I'm salty.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

DietSoap wrote:So they won't port to PC because windows 10 input lag, but they'll port to Switch with even worse joycon lag. Yes I'm salty.
I use my Switch on the Arcade cabinet. This is welcome news. I never use the joycons and the input lag seems non-existent on the Arcade stick.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

DietSoap wrote:So they won't port to PC because windows 10 input lag, but they'll port to Switch with even worse joycon lag. Yes I'm salty.
That is just false, they have managed to get those Darius Collection, Thunder Force 4 to run very well on Switch and with a low enough input lag (3-5 frames, which is in the same ballpark as Garegga, Ketsui on PS4).

It's probably more work to do that on Switch though...

I have all the current generation consoles + PC, but I'm still super happy that it comes to Switch as it's my favourite by far.

ps. joycons have as little input lag as other controllers... if you are experiencing more, it might be some interference causing it.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

I bought Garegga on PS4, Dangun on XB1, and now ESP Ra. De. probably on Switch lol. I'll always buy these releases one way or another, even if I don't have the time to truly dig in and 1cc them. I long for an M2 release of Akai Katana or SDOJ.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

NTSC-J wrote:The photo is from the article EOJ linked to in the above cave-stg link: https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/190529b. It'll still be a while until the game comes out, but for now they're taking suggestions about what "gadgets" people would like to see. The one mentioned in the article is a "world clock" that displays the current time in the game world. Very useful.
ah, thanks for the clarification
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
zakk

Post by zakk »

NTSC-J wrote:The photo is from the article EOJ linked to in the above cave-stg link: https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/190529b. It'll still be a while until the game comes out, but for now they're taking suggestions about what "gadgets" people would like to see. The one mentioned in the article is a "world clock" that displays the current time in the game world. Very useful.
You've milked the boss too long, and now Irori is out past her curfew. You are correct: very useful
Phantomas

Post by Phantomas »

I love this game! Maybe a special edition will be made in Beep´s store just like they did with Ketsui?
gray117

Post by gray117 »

The appeal of developing for the pc is still relatively low. It's also less of a draw in terms of price point, more prone to getting lost in the crowd, and to a certain extent a third party certification grants both license holder and developer a certain degree of arbitration and a baseline for approvals/release that otherwise is missing.

For smaller releases even a little more time/people to support certain platforms may just be a distraction.

On top of all of this when certain titles (such as I would assume is the case here) only happens because a small dev wants to (re)make the title (as opposed to someone working-for-hire, or a project initiated within a larger company) the whole existence of the title is kind of beholden to the passion of that dev: If they've got a certain platform(s) / bias in mind - then that's where it's turning up, at least to begin with...

And despite the logical successes that companies like capcom have shown in boosting sales via pc I still suspect there's a bit of a stigma/barrier for Japanese devs passionately looking at the pc as an appealing/professional games platform/market... and ...well... maybe amongst the older devs specifically, I think there's a validation that comes with being attached to a certain console/publisher, rather than just 'out there'.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

The one thing that kinda bums me out is that M2 only seems to have the resources to do roughly one ShotTriggers release per year. Adding new platforms (and potentially going back to do Switch versions of the first four of the series) spreads them even more thin. PC would probably make things even worse, since there aren't fixed specs and M2 tends to want perfect stability.

Garegga: December 2016
Dangun Feveron: April 2017
Mahou Daisakusen: November 2017
Ketsui: November 2018
Esp.Ra.De: Late 2019

There are so many games that would be natural fits for the series, but not enough time/resources for M2 to do them all: Batrider, Battle Bakraid, Kingdom Grand Prix, Ibara/Ibara Kuro, etc... I'm ecstatic about finally getting a home port of Esp.Ra.De, but I'd personally prefer it if M2 does not redo more Cave games that already got solid 360 ports in favor of previously un-ported games (or those with significantly older ports that could be improved, e.g., Kingdom Grand Prix). Even though the Ketsui ShotTriggers release is pretty fantastic.

Here's hoping they keep on grinding away with another game or two a year for PS4/PS5 and Switch until we get all of these.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

M2 works in many other games and projects than in ShotTrigers series.
They are working in sega ages ports for switch, are also involved in the new megadrive mini. Some months ago ported Darius games in Darius Cozmic compilation... I think are almost gods considering the staff in company
Working in the japanese language achievement
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

I'm waiting for a preorders to start showing up...
donluca

Post by donluca »

jandrogo wrote:M2 [...] are also involved in the new megadrive mini.
Wow, didn't know that! Guess I'll redouble my interest for that one.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

jandrogo wrote:M2 works in many other games and projects than in ShotTrigers series.
They are working in sega ages ports for switch, are also involved in the new megadrive mini. Some months ago ported Darius games in Darius Cozmic compilation... I think are almost gods considering the staff in company
Don't forget the Castlevania Collection
Mero

Post by Mero »

Last edited by Mero on Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberAngel

Post by CyberAngel »

??? (voiced by Junya Inoue)
Oh, hi Jitterbug!
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Mero wrote:29th of December for this.

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/esp-ra-de-p ... -plus-mode

19th of December
Mero

Post by Mero »

Tokyo-J wrote:
19th of December

Typo, now corrected.
Bishamon

Post by Bishamon »

Austin wrote:For arcade games that are multi-platform I generally pick them up on Xbox. Most of my arcade-oriented titles are there, my stick is Xbox compatible, and I like having everything in one spot.
Same here.

I do own a PS4, but I would prefer to buy their releases on Xbox, for the reasons you stated. Hopefully they will decide to release an Xbox version in the future.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Bishamon wrote:
Austin wrote:For arcade games that are multi-platform I generally pick them up on Xbox. Most of my arcade-oriented titles are there, my stick is Xbox compatible, and I like having everything in one spot.
Same here.

I do own a PS4, but I would prefer to buy their releases on Xbox, for the reasons you stated. Hopefully they will decide to release an Xbox version in the future.
I also wish there were Xbox One releases of Sorcer Striker , Ketsui , and Esprade. Shame M2 gave up so quickly and has not tried to expand their market.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I just pre-ordered the Switch LE from Play-Asia. They are charging up-front when the order is placed (at least for the limited editions).
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Such a dream come true. Esprade was the first PCB I bought for my supergun back in the day, and I've always regretted selling it. I may end up with both versions of this...
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

I'm terrible at the game but its probably my most favorite Cave game. Soundtrack is one of my favorites from Cave as well.

I ordered both the PS4 and Switch versions from Amazon.jp.
I usually exclusively stick to the PS4 but I know for sure I'll want to play this game during my breaks at work :)
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Not sure if I should ask in the hardware subforum, but those of you really used to quality CRT arcade monitors, which flat panel display are you finding better for the CRT filter modes in these Shottriggers releases: native 720p, 1080p, 1440p or 4k? Is the result really similar? Do you use tate?
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Bishamon wrote:
Same here.

If you guys want to see these games on Xbox like I and the shmup group on Xbox One do please email these guys at M2 and tell them. They've really ballsed up this series on Xbox limiting them to other minor regions.

sawa@mtwo.co.jp
komabayashi@mtwo.co.jp