M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DoomsDave

Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade

Post by DoomsDave »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:There's some rumors going around that they might be able to make the new Xbox run every single 360 and OG Xbox game and not just a limited list, but they're not releasing a ton of info on that yet. MS is also working to make at least 360 and OG Xbox games playable on PC as well, which could open up a whole new world of possibilities with keeping older software alive and relevant.
Do you have a source for these?
GSK

Post by GSK »

They haven't said as much but the disc/card will probably also contain whatever paid DLC content they're yet to announce, just as Ketsui did, an in that case there won't be a huge gulf between the value of the digital and physical versions.
evil_ash_xero wrote:On Play-Asia, it says this:

"A Collaboration between M2 and original creator Junya Inoue to revive the 1998-released arcade shoot ’em up. The complete port adds improvements such as new mode, new visuals, and new voice-overs."

So, what kind of new visuals and voice overs do you think we may get? Is the cover a new piece of art? It seems they are working with Inoue.
Inoue was heavily involved in the beginning--he drew most of the new promotional art, he rewrote and expanded the original script, supervised the new VA and helped conceive the new content. What's specifically being referenced in that above quote is the "Arcade Plus" mode, which has the new VA, HD character/boss illustrations that show up in the gadgets and so on; it's remastered to a certain extent but it's not a full HD overhaul. It'll also be tweaked to address boss milking, and there's a WIP version on location at HEY that has some preliminary tweaks but they haven't settled on anything and I haven't watched the footage so I don't know exactly what they're even doing right now.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

DoomsDave wrote:
MachineAres 1CC wrote:There's some rumors going around that they might be able to make the new Xbox run every single 360 and OG Xbox game and not just a limited list, but they're not releasing a ton of info on that yet. MS is also working to make at least 360 and OG Xbox games playable on PC as well, which could open up a whole new world of possibilities with keeping older software alive and relevant.
Do you have a source for these?
As far as it running every game, it's based on a few twitter posts from people on the BC teams and higher-ups at Microsoft around the time of the Scarlett announcement at E3 and some of the wording put forth in video interviews and announcements around that time as well.

The playing 360 and OG games on PC thing dates back to 2018, where the backwards compatible team said they've been working on it and already have some prototypes running, they just need to iron out the details and find a way to get it out to the public.

Unfortunately, the biggest issue in all the Xbox BC stuff is the licensing. Since their BC stuff depends on downloading a digital version of the game from their servers, that requires them to get the licenses for any of the BC games from their respective owners again, but many developers and publishers have folded and closed their doors over the years, so it becomes a scavenger hunt to see who currently owns the rights and whether they're still legally able and willing to allow MS to upload a digital version of the game for purchase in the current year. Again, they may be finding another way around this, but they're being very careful about what they say regarding it until all the details have been ironed out.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I'm really keen for this but not sure where to finalise my purchase from.

Nobody mentioned Amiami this time around for listings, bit odd since I got my recommendation for the site from here a few years back. Is it not kosher anymore?

I found it there cheaper than Amazon Japan and put my pre-order there for the LE for now, but now I hear Amazon's listing has more stuff in it? Has anyone else heard anything Amazon-exclusive or is that BS?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

AmiAmi must have been late to put up a listing; I definitely checked there and didn't see it when I was putting my order in.

Amazon offers an exclusive bonus of some sort if you order the item listing that specifically includes it; AmiAmi does the same thing if they get an exclusive bonus as well.
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

"A 4th playable character has been revealed for the upcoming ESPrade Psi release, Alice Master (Alice Ono). Credits to CAVE staff on the Shmups Discord for the image!

Also, an arrange soundtrack directed by SuperSweep will be available this December w/ cover art by Junya Inoue."

https://twitter.com/shmups/status/1170350193629265920
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

djsheep wrote:"A 4th playable character has been revealed for the upcoming ESPrade Psi release, Alice Master (Alice Ono). Credits to CAVE staff on the Shmups Discord for the image!

Also, an arrange soundtrack directed by SuperSweep will be available this December w/ cover art by Junya Inoue."

Clearly, she got lost on her way to that DeathSmiles 3 audition.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Kiken wrote:
djsheep wrote:"A 4th playable character has been revealed for the upcoming ESPrade Psi release, Alice Master (Alice Ono). Credits to CAVE staff on the Shmups Discord for the image!

Clearly, she got lost on her way to that DeathSmiles 3 audition.
More like Gomaotsu lol. Dunno if I'll go for an LE like Garegga but given that M2 have stopped releasing their games in English, I might cop the Switch digital release since I keep changing addresses these days.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Just been on Amazon JP to order the Ltd Edition and it comes out at £106 inc fees and shipping ............. shit i dont think i can justify paying that :(
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
werk91

Post by werk91 »

Yup, all of these recent JP-exclusive releases are a big bummer unless you want to spend big. Glad Rolling Gunner got a digital EU release at least.
ESP rade can be emulated but I'm hoping that the new Aleste does get a worldwide digital release. But from recent developments I'm not expecting to see any more M2 ShotTriggers releases outside of Japan which is a big shame. Happy to give my money to support developers I like and respect, but less happy when I know that the majority of my money will go to customs, retailers and whoever else.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Yeah it sucks really wanted to support M2 but damn.

I'll think about it as I'm sure I spent nearly this much on some of the 360 Ltd Edition cave games when they were released.
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
avri62

Post by avri62 »

Trevor spencer wrote:Yeah it sucks really wanted to support M2 but damn.

I'll think about it as I'm sure I spent nearly this much on some of the 360 Ltd Edition cave games when they were released.
So just buy the regular edition (6300 yen) or the download version (which is only 4500 yen). If you actually want to support M2 and play the game on your switch or PS4, of course.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Considering the high cost of a typical cave PCB I will gladly fork over 100 for a good port.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

finisherr wrote:Considering the high cost of a typical cave PCB I will gladly fork over 100 for a good port.
Specially when ESP RaDe has never come home before.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Johnpv wrote:
finisherr wrote:Considering the high cost of a typical cave PCB I will gladly fork over 100 for a good port.
Specially when ESP RaDe has never come home before.
I bought three copies
Two for the PS4 and one for the Switch

I'm doing my part to support the developers :D
heli

Post by heli »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:
Marc wrote:I'd just like any of them to get a release over here....
Completely agree, and a big issue with digital distribution. You shouldn't need to monkey around creating essentially fraudulent accounts just to play a game. We have region free physical games but oh now everything's locked behind region-specific stores.

Hopefully they decide to put the effort in to getting it running on Switch, because it seems anyone can slap a game on that eshop.
If you start battle garegga the physical disc says : only for nippon, copyright issues or something.
RagingAvatar

Post by RagingAvatar »

So, this is out soon..
What format are you guys going for?

I have a PS4 and a Switch.. and while I love my Switch I'm nervous about things like this and want the best version which is surely going to be PS4?
XB GT: RagingAvatar
Austin

Post by Austin »

RagingAvatar wrote:I have a PS4 and a Switch.. and while I love my Switch I'm nervous about things like this and want the best version which is surely going to be PS4?
While I'm sure the Switch port will be fine, the PS4 version is likely to be your safest bet performance-wise.
NikuKun

Post by NikuKun »

RagingAvatar wrote:So, this is out soon..

I have a PS4 and a Switch.. and while I love my Switch I'm nervous about things like this and want the best version which is surely going to be PS4?
I couldn't decide which to get so I ended up getting both. I also have both a PS4 and a Switch. I do mainly use the PS4 but I liked the idea of a portable copy and wanted to support them for the possibility of further releases on the Switch.

I've ordered the limited edition for Switch and standard edition for PS4.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

NikuKun wrote:
RagingAvatar wrote:So, this is out soon..

I couldn't decide which to get so I ended up getting both. I also have both a PS4 and a Switch. I do mainly use the PS4 but I liked the idea of a portable copy and wanted to support them for the possibility of further releases on the Switch.

I've ordered the limited edition for Switch and standard edition for PS4.
Same. The Switch is my main collection of physical copies for this gen, but I wanted the PS4 one as well.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
RagingAvatar

Post by RagingAvatar »

I opted for the Switch LE with the Amazon special edition bonus cover.
I want to support this kind of game and M2/CAVE with this but man, about £100 for each platform meant I had to leave PS4 behind.
Would love to get both but man..
Hats off to you guys supporting so hard by buying both platforms.
XB GT: RagingAvatar
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

1. If the PSN page is live, can someone post a link? I'm struggling to find it.

2. Any hints on the next Shottriggers title? I seem to recall them announcing ESP Ra De right as, or even before, Ketsui launched.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

It doesn't seem to be up yet. I don't think most (any?) of the previous M2STG ports have been visible in the store pre-release.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'm hoping for no hiccups with my playasia pre-order. Just the normal release - I don't need all the goodies.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I'm getting the special edition on PS4 as my top arcade stick is for that system. with the Ketsui special edition all the extras are all annoyingly loose but god damn if it's not incredibly convenient to order imports from amazon.

I'm really interested to see what STG M2 tackles next. Would love to see them port something from a company that is not Cave (but would still gladly fork over cash for Ibara, Guwange, etc). I really hope they're able to keep the shot triggers line alive.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Pre-ordered Esprade yesterday for PS4. Grabbed Ketsui while I was at it. It's going to be a good late-December.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

scrilla4rella wrote:I'm getting the special edition on PS4 as my top arcade stick is for that system. with the Ketsui special edition all the extras are all annoyingly loose but god damn if it's not incredibly convenient to order imports from amazon.

I'm really interested to see what STG M2 tackles next. Would love to see them port something from a company that is not Cave (but would still gladly fork over cash for Ibara, Guwange, etc). I really hope they're able to keep the shot triggers line alive.
Armed Police Batrider would be my #1, but I'd kill for Ibara with Kuro included. It's about time someone remastered Donpachi and Dodonpachi too.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Hmmmmmm, M2 is having a 'Christmas Party' on the 7th:

https://m2stg.com/thanks2/#sec-timetable

Apparently there will be 'new announcements by Taito'. Clearly this means Shottriggers Metal Black, or better yet Taito > Square Enix > SHOTTRIGGERS EINHANDER.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

lol, now that I think about it a Donpachi and Dodonpachi double pack would be ace.

It would be great to see other companies like Taito get in on the fun. One thing's for sure, M2 are serious shmup fans, so much so that they might be developing and producing these ports at a loss (now that's hardcore!). Whatever boss Horii and his crew decide to work on next you can bet your ass it'll be worthy.

No way in hell they're doing Einhander. It'd be too much work to upgrade the textures and models, similar to how GRev said it's basically impossible to do an HD version of Border Down, it'd be like developing a brand new game.
Loom1es

Post by Loom1es »

reckon luck wrote:Hmmmmmm, M2 is having a 'Christmas Party' on the 7th:

https://m2stg.com/thanks2/#sec-timetable

Apparently there will be 'new announcements by Taito'. Clearly this means Shottriggers Metal Black, or better yet Taito > Square Enix > SHOTTRIGGERS EINHANDER.
If M2 are going down the Taito route i would love to see a version of Rayforce. One of my favourite shooters on the Saturn. The Shottrigger releases are superb and i hope they make more. My personnel favourites i would like to see would be Ibara and Armed Police Batrider.