P-47 Aces Sprites

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
AFruitaDay!

P-47 Aces Sprites

Post by AFruitaDay! »

In P-47 Aces, I found some sprites that don't appear in the game at all (unused), I posted them in the Spriters Resource (ex. enemies, boss parts,player sprites, etc.).
parodius

Re: P-47 Aces Sprites

Post by parodius »

The Cutting Room Floor is also a good place to post these.
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
AFruitaDay!

Post by AFruitaDay! »

So what could this mean for the game? Is this game actually unfinished by the unused sprites and unfinished dipswitches/service mode?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The broken service mode is still weird to me, that's the only thing I'd call unfinished. Everything else is definitely complete. Unused assets are extremely normal, vast majority of games have unused material in them.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
AFruitaDay!

Post by AFruitaDay! »

What about the unused sprites, I mean, some mission briefing screens on the game has the assets that aren't used in the level at all, look at stage 4 and 8 for example. Is there a secret mode for like the unused sprites of enemies, bosses, etc?
AFruitaDay!

Post by AFruitaDay! »

Anyway, here are the enemies that don't appear in the game:
AFruitaDay!

Post by AFruitaDay! »

I think I will upload the missing/unused assets from this game someday. I'm really curious about this game because of it's unfinished service mode (sort of) and the unused assets.