shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:10 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Raiden 5 Steam version crashes on launch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:07 am 

I bought Raiden 5 the day it went out on Steam, and it worked fine until my last playing in February. However when I tried to launch it several days ago, the game just shut itself down immediately, before anything showing on the screen. There's no error message pop-ups.
Then I found out that I can open the game only when using integrated graphic cards instead of Nvidia, but playing a full-3D game with that doesn't sound like a good idea.
The discussion board on Steam shows that I'm not alone, there are other people having the exact same problem, and it seems like it mainly happen with laptops with Intel/Nvidia dual cards. It's a pity that no solutions have been provided there so far.
I wonder if any of you have encountered the same situation, and more importantly, did any of you managed to overcome it? I'll be grateful for your help.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Raiden 5 Steam version crashes on launch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:02 pm 

This will probably sound like a dumb question, but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Or try to right-click the icon and "Run as administrator" to see if that makes a difference.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 am 

FRO wrote:
This will probably sound like a dumb question, but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Or try to right-click the icon and "Run as administrator" to see if that makes a difference.

These were actually the first things I've tried, unfortunately they didn't do anything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 am 

Well I somehow found the reason behind this. When the game is running with Nvidia, and when it's going to play one of the movies(UFO logo, opening movie, staff roll - the 3 .mp4 files which can all be found in Raiden V/rom/media_ex/movie), the game crashes. If I use some strange method to somehow prevent the movies from playing, the game can be played without issues.
So now I'm convinced that this is Nvidia's problem, not the game's. Not that I know how to deal with it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 am 

You may want to consider reverting to an earlier graphics driver, if possible. The past year has been extremely rocky time for Nvidia users as far as their driver quality goes. For some users, anyway. I haven't had any issues but I've only played a couple games.

Offline Profile