Need help making a video to introduce friends to the genre.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Regdren C.

Re: Need help making a video to introduce friends to the gen

Post by Regdren C. »

Look there's nothing wrong with a game where cause and effect are disconnected from each other. There's also nothing wrong with not noticing a typo until it's way too late...but I digress.

I agree that taking up a game seriously is often a natural thing to do, but the shmup genre is known for being pretty daunting with that sort of thing. Especially because a lot of the prominent footage is ultra high end play, and it can give the impression that once you go non-casual you have to do things like that. This is why in my video I described non-casual play as regular practice and long term improvement, regardless of game or difficulty. I also recommended just trying out a higher difficulty than you're comfortable with to see if it's actually fun for you. If those ideas weren't expressed well, I might need to go back and fix it.

Also, thanks for the feedback! I wanted to help build a bridge between casual and dedicated play, but the topic is so complex that any extra help is greatly appreciated.