Zenodeath - The War Ends today! 20% off until Sept 11

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Kaiser

Zenodeath - The War Ends today! 20% off until Sept 11

Post by Kaiser »

Zenodeath is the fourth and final game in the Zeno series, everything we've been doing since 2013 has been building up to this, we hope that we'll take you for a solid ride, one last time. This time, we are combining our trademark shmup gameplay with some run and gun goodness. That's right, there will be both top down shmup AND top down run and gun stages!

In short Zenodeath will offer:
- 9 Stages
- A new solid soundtrack by HeavyViper (LINK BELOW!)
- A mixture of shmup, with some run and gun in between
- Slashing enemies up close for MAXIMUM GAIN

Zenodeath's Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/761920/Zenodeath/
Itch page: https://itch.io/s/34545/zenodeath-launch-sale

SOUNDTRACK LINK: https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com/album/z ... soundtrack

You can follow us and our progress on this lovely twitter account: https://twitter.com/TeamGBSRFox
Last edited by Kaiser on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
FRO

Re: Zenodeath - The War Ends in 2019

Post by FRO »

Digging the soundtrack so far. Will this be strictly on PC, or is there any opportunity for a console release?

EDIT: VERTIGO-1 is pretty awesome.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

overhead run and gun sections?! damn...
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

FRO wrote:Digging the soundtrack so far. Will this be strictly on PC, or is there any opportunity for a console release?

EDIT: VERTIGO-1 is pretty awesome.
Well considering we are budget-less indies, a console release is unlikely right now :P but I don't think that will stop some people from putting it in their PC-based cabs :P. But who knows how things will go down in the future!
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Just wondering if you plan to push out the update for Zenodyne R to the Itch version of the game.
I don't have it on Steam. :)
It's Dangerous! It's Devious! It's...
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Just wondering if you plan to push out the update for Zenodyne R to the Itch version of the game.
I don't have it on Steam. :)
Yo, I just updated the demo and the full game to 1.31 (latest Steam version)
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Cool beans. Thanks very much for the super quick reply. :)
It's Dangerous! It's Devious! It's...
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

We Out Zone now? This is good.

Nine stages? This is sounding like an hour-long game. I fear that I'll be bodied in numerous ways.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Your previous games are fun and frantic, and this one seems to be even more ambitious. I am curious to see how it will turn out!
Kaiser wrote: - Slashing enemies up close for MAXIMUM GAIN
Ohh, that sounds like my jam~ :D
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
schleichfahrt

Post by schleichfahrt »

Looking forward to playing it, soundtrack is great (I got it a couple of days ago and I'm blasting the office with it).
When you ruin some enemy, add to score points.
Kaiser

Re: Zenodeath - The War Ends on September 4, 2020

Post by Kaiser »

Just a heads up, Super XYX isn't the only release from us this year.
Zenodeath is coming this friday! Both on itch.io and Steam.

We'll be celebrating the launch with a new launch trailer which hopefully should heat things up ;)
banjoted

Post by banjoted »

Nice!
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

Put me down for day one.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

Wow so soon! Going to warm up with some Zenodyne R I think :mrgreen:
Kaiser

Re: Zenodeath - The War Ends today! It's released.

Post by Kaiser »

Sup! Zenodeath has finally been released both on Steam and Itch at the same time, have fun everyone. The end of the Zeno series, the end of a Grybanser Fox era is here, outside of any possible launch week issues that will likely pop up, we are officially taking some well deserved vacation.
-Fish-

Re: Zenodeath - The War Ends today! It's released.

Post by -Fish- »

Kaiser wrote:Sup! Zenodeath has finally been released both on Steam and Itch at the same time, have fun everyone. The end of the Zeno series, the end of a Grybanser Fox era is here, outside of any possible launch week issues that will likely pop up, we are officially taking some well deserved vacation.
Hello Kaiser,

I was able to find a couple potential bugs:

1. The final boss on Stage 3 doesn't always spawn. Is there a special requirement for this 2nd boss to appear or is this perhaps a bug?

2. The preliminary boss on Stage 4 (Large vertical cigar shaped ships) can be glitched. If you enter the boss area very slowly and let 1/4 of the left side boss ship become visible on screen you can shoot it and destroy it while it still sits at idle.
BPzeBanshee

Re: Zenodeath - The War Ends today! 20% off until Sept 11

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Hi, cheers for trying it out :)
-Fish- wrote:1. The final boss on Stage 3 doesn't always spawn. Is there a special requirement for this 2nd boss to appear or is this perhaps a bug?
If you're talking about a certain barrel-armed mech with a distorted entrance, there is indeed a special (but simple) requirement. It's not exactly a secret but not common knowledge either, I'll let you discover it for yourself. ;)
-Fish- wrote:2. The preliminary boss on Stage 4 (Large vertical cigar shaped ships) can be glitched. If you enter the boss area very slowly and let 1/4 of the left side boss ship become visible on screen you can shoot it and destroy it while it still sits at idle.
I have plans for an update that fixes some stupid stuff and adds in some features we didn't have time/energy to implement back in 2020, dunno when it'll happen but I'll add this to the bugs list. Thanks for the heads up.
-Fish-

Re: Zenodeath - The War Ends today! 20% off until Sept 11

Post by -Fish- »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Hi, cheers for trying it out :)
-Fish- wrote:1. The final boss on Stage 3 doesn't always spawn. Is there a special requirement for this 2nd boss to appear or is this perhaps a bug?
If you're talking about a certain barrel-armed mech with a distorted entrance, there is indeed a special (but simple) requirement. It's not exactly a secret but not common knowledge either, I'll let you discover it for yourself. ;)
-Fish- wrote:2. The preliminary boss on Stage 4 (Large vertical cigar shaped ships) can be glitched. If you enter the boss area very slowly and let 1/4 of the left side boss ship become visible on screen you can shoot it and destroy it while it still sits at idle.
I have plans for an update that fixes some stupid stuff and adds in some features we didn't have time/energy to implement back in 2020, dunno when it'll happen but I'll add this to the bugs list. Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks for the response Banshee. Definitely looking forward to the update then.

This is one of my favorite shmups atm.. Extremely challenging and I absolutely love the mix of run 'n gun gameplay. I made sure to leave a Steam review. Cheers! :)