New Tatsujin Web page now updated!! Yes :D

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
bytestorm

New Tatsujin Web page now updated!! Yes :D

Post by bytestorm »

Anyone knows the story behind this new Tatsujin webpage? http://tatsujin.tokyo/

I found it on some blog with this also "company named Tatsujin Co. Ltd has been formed and rumour has it that it owns the rights to Toaplans library of games"

This can be true? Can it??

Tom the bomb...
Last edited by bytestorm on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
pmp

Re: New Tatsujin company/webpage?

Post by pmp »

Masahiro Yuge Is cited as the representative director of Tatsujin Co. according to the Game Tengoku Special product page. So there is at least some direct connection with TOAPLAN.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Yuge works there, he's credited on the "東亜プラン ARCADE SOUND DIGITAL COLLECTION" CD releases as being at Tatsujin. I think the president is the same as Toaplan, but I am not sure. There's definitely somebody above Yuge, at least. They own all the Toaplan rights, they were held onto I'm pretty sure.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

oh man oh man.. cant help to get my hopes up for a "Toaplan Collections" release of some sort...

How awesome wouldnt that be? :D
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
FRO

Post by FRO »

bytestorm wrote:oh man oh man.. cant help to get my hopes up for a "Toaplan Collections" release of some sort...

I'd buy the CRAP out of that. Especially if it was all arcade conversions.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

trap15 wrote:I think the president is the same as Toaplan, but I am not sure. There's definitely somebody above Yuge, at least. They own all the Toaplan rights, they were held onto I'm pretty sure.
So is this president the individual who Shou has said is "extremely difficult to work with"?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Whoever the president currently is, yes. Like I said, unsure if this is the same as the old president, and I'm too lazy to look up legal paperwork that would elaborate. Someone else can do that for me ;)
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

FRO wrote:
bytestorm wrote:oh man oh man.. cant help to get my hopes up for a "Toaplan Collections" release of some sort...

I'd buy the CRAP out of that. Especially if it was all arcade conversions.
Same here.. Dogyuun!! :D
bytestorm

Re: New Tatsujin Web page now updated!! Yes :D

Post by bytestorm »

Yeah!! The web page is updated!! Hype is real
Domino

Post by Domino »

Damn, the website said that they are now allowing licensing of the Toaplan IPs. This could be amazing (M2), or it could be horrible (Dotemu).
llaoyllakcuf

Post by llaoyllakcuf »

This all seems very promising. The Toaplan catalogue is long overdue for some modern ports :cry:
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

Domino wrote:Damn, the website said that they are now allowing licensing of the Toaplan IPs. This could be amazing (M2), or it could be horrible (Dotemu).

That is wonderful news to the community who praised Toaplan games or even arcade culture in general. It seems all the searching for the Toaplan games has been completed.

Let's hope a great rerelease collection gets put out everywhere!
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Domino wrote:Damn, the website said that they are now allowing licensing of the Toaplan IPs. This could be amazing (M2), or it could be horrible (Dotemu).
Praying it's M2. Hamster wouldn't be bad, but they wouldn't give you all the extras an M2 ShotTrigger release does.
Now, I'm wondering... with Takumi being long gone, what about Kyukyoku Tiger II? I would hope Tatsujin has the rights to both KT titles.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

gameoverDude wrote:
Praying it's M2. Hamster wouldn't be bad, but they wouldn't give you all the extras an M2 ShotTrigger release does.
Now, I'm wondering... with Takumi being long gone, what about Kyukyoku Tiger II? I would hope Tatsujin has the rights to both KT titles.
Taito may be the current owner of Kyukyoku Tiger II / Twin Cobra II since it has been published by Taito and released on Taito hardware. Maybe Tatsujin might try to buy tha copyrights to that game, maybe not. The focus is on the games before the bankruptcy.
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

You;ve all gone and got my hopes up now. As well as most of the games mentioned so far here, I'd like to say I'd also like to see Slapfight and V-Five. :D
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

MrJBRPG wrote:
gameoverDude wrote:
Taito may be the current owner of Kyukyoku Tiger II / Twin Cobra II since it has been published by Taito and released on Taito hardware. Maybe Tatsujin might try to buy tha copyrights to that game, maybe not. The focus is on the games before the bankruptcy.
Just about anything of Toaplan's before 1990 was published by Taito, but they used their own hardware instead of Taito's boards such as F1/F2- so it's probably an easier deal than KT2.
Hoping we get that perfect Tatsujin-ou port. The FM-Towns one is not quite there.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Daisenpu used Taito hardware, the X System. That's the only one, I think.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Dotemu should ditch emulation & stick with porting games from PC to PS4/X1, while also publishing Lizardcube's work.

I've heard some bad things about their Raiden Legacy, but good about LC's Wonder Boy: the Dragon's Trap. LC & Guard Crush Games' Streets of Rage 4 looks decent so far. DotEmu's Xbox One port of Ys Origin is actually decent.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Anything where they touch the code turns to shit (Raiden Legacy, various NeoGeo stuff), but DotEmu is ok when they just publish (everything else you mentioned).
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

If anything happens from this, I hope they don't just go for the shooting games. We need Get Star, Ghox, Teki Paki, etc.

DotEmu would be okay if they went out of business and were forgotten, and all the actually good things they published ended up elsewhere. They are scammers and thieves, and they need to be ruined.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

What did dotemu do?
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

DietSoap wrote:What did dotemu do?
Short version is that they are extremely lazy and just in it to make a quick buck.

I am with Despatche on this, they can just go away.
mice

Post by mice »

They should bring Twin Tiger Shark to next gen!
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

DietSoap wrote:What did dotemu do?
They do things like steal MAME code and throw together half-baked rom wrappers, but then go around nabbing publishing rights to actually good games, making it very difficult to figure out whether one should give them money. They're basically scammers, and what little good they do (which is only ever published by them) needs to be in the hands of someone else.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

On GOG's forum someone mentioned having trouble using an arcade stick with one of their games. I've heard Raiden Legacy's emulations run too fast.
It's a shame that RF Aces didn't get a PC port like Eschatos, DFK, Deathsmiles, & Mushi did. Gulti did it "Great Justice".
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Knightmare

Post by Knightmare »

I'm still frustrated about Dotemu's handling of Raiden Legacy. It should have been a great collection on PC. Here's hoping they get nowhere near the Toaplan catalog.
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

Knightmare wrote:I'm still frustrated about Dotemu's handling of Raiden Legacy. It should have been a great collection on PC. Here's hoping they get nowhere near the Toaplan catalog.
Anyone but dotemu.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
Knightmare wrote:I'm still frustrated about Dotemu's handling of Raiden Legacy. It should have been a great collection on PC. Here's hoping they get nowhere near the Toaplan catalog.
Anyone but dotemu.
https://www.kongregate.com/games/DotEmu
DotEmu? That's familiar, I remember that on Kongregate; in which there is Zero Wing, Snow Bros., and Outzone, 3 Toaplan Games.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.