I need to find - Flash shmup based on Japanese Mythology

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
AldjerIslav

I need to find - Flash shmup based on Japanese Mythology

Post by AldjerIslav »

Hi, folks! I don't know if it's the proper place to post my question (forgive me if it was unappropriate), but it's something I wanna try. I've played many years back a shoot'em up flash game in those flash sites that used to be popular. I never recorded its title, but I clearly remember its style: instead of a ship or an airplane, there was a player (I can't remember if there were more than one to be chosen). The enemies was creatures based in japanese mythology (jars, silk lanterns, youkais, kabuki masks, etc.) and the whole scenario (background music, background imagery) was based in ancient japanese culture. A really beautiful game. I used to play a lot of times, but, after a while, I couldn't find it. I understand it's not a famous game, which makes it harder for people to remember, but I'd really could use some help. Does anyone knows it? Thanks in advance for the help and I hope I can find it, I'm sure I came to the right place!!
FRO

Re: I need to find - Flash shmup based on Japanese Mythology

Post by FRO »

Was the art style pixel art, or was it more "smooth" like Flash games tended to be? Sounds a lot like Guwange, which is an arcade game, but that most likely would not have been playable in a Flash type of context.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Somewhat related, does anyone have the Arcanacras? The original seems to be gone, and Black Label doesn't seem to work anymore.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
AldjerIslav

Post by AldjerIslav »

FRO wrote:Was the art style pixel art, or was it more "smooth" like Flash games tended to be? Sounds a lot like Guwange, which is an arcade game, but that most likely would not have been playable in a Flash type of context.
Thanks a lot, FRO! It was really Guwange! After you mentioned the impossibility of me having play it as a flash game, I recalled I'd really played it in a MAME emulator I've once downloaded with a pack of multiple games in which Guwange was included. I've download both the rom and the MAME emulator for Android and it's been a good time playing it again. Thanks a lot once more!!
FRO

Post by FRO »

AldjerIslav wrote:
FRO wrote:Was the art style pixel art, or was it more "smooth" like Flash games tended to be? Sounds a lot like Guwange, which is an arcade game, but that most likely would not have been playable in a Flash type of context.
Thanks a lot, FRO! It was really Guwange! After you mentioned the impossibility of me having play it as a flash game, I recalled I'd really played it in a MAME emulator I've once downloaded with a pack of multiple games in which Guwange was included. I've download both the rom and the MAME emulator for Android and it's been a good time playing it again. Thanks a lot once more!!
You're welcome! Also, if you have a 360, it's available for just $10:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Produ ... 0258410a78