Lots of Click-Stick updates! New movies, pics from AOU!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Dave_K.

Lots of Click-Stick updates! New movies, pics from AOU!

Post by Dave_K. »

Holy cow! Its like xmas over on click-stick forums where some guest is going crazy with new movies of Ibara, Senko No Rondo, Homura, and Radi-ac?...as well as Ibara pics on the first day of AOU!

http://click-stick.com/bbs/index.php
Kiken

Re: Lots of Click-Stick updates! New movies, pics from AOU!

Post by Kiken »

Dave_K. wrote:Holy cow! Its like xmas over on click-stick forums where some guest is going crazy with new movies of Ibara, Senko No Rondo, Homura, and Radi-ac?...as well as Ibara pics on the first day of AOU!

http://click-stick.com/bbs/index.php
Yeah, I checked out the Rajirugi footage.... and that's definitely not a cellphone game... phonebooth perhaps, but not cellphone.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

that Homura movie looked pretty sweet!
I have no sig whatsoever.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Ibara...it looks so Raizing-licious. Homura is looking really interesting too.
Ord

Post by Ord »

:shock: Good God i'm in love with Ibara! Homura looks excellent as well. Long level with a fantastic blood drenched finale to the boss. 2005 certainly looks like it's going to be an IMMENSE year for shooters! I'm excited.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Ord wrote:2005 certainly looks like it's going to be an IMMENSE year for shooters! I'm excited.
Not to mention a pricey one..;)
Blue Lander

Post by Blue Lander »

Homura reminds me a bit of Twinbee for some reason.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Blue Lander wrote:Homura reminds me a bit of Twinbee for some reason.
:o

Certainly not what I was thinking. To me it seemed like Shikigami meets Psyvariar with a cool bullet-nullifying melee attack from Gunbird thrown in.

I'm actually looking forward to this one and am slightly hopeful of a PS2 port. The bullet count looks about the same as in Psyvariar 2 (so no problems with hardware) and it's from the same creators as Psyvariar so companies already know they can make a good game.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Holy Raizing Batman, have some exploding stuff! Ibara looks incredibly cool, although the video is too low-res to really give too much of an idea of the gameplay mechanics involved.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

The Ibara video sure is awful blurry but nice to see a new Raizing-esque shmup in action. Everything from the way the ships, shots, boss and explosions scream Garegga/Bakraid. We need a home port of this, stat. Not too interested in Homura. Not one for gothic/horror shmups. Radirgy still looks like doujin game but I could warm up to it since I'm on a renewed Jet Grind Radio trip these days.

Love the cute Ibara models. Nice to see the full character roster too. What is the name of Mushihime's artist again? Whoever he is, he is doing a great job on these Ibara characters too (assuming it's him)

Here is my fave of the evil "Rose daughters:"

Thanks to Recap:

Last edited by Dylan1CC on Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
TVG

Post by TVG »

homura definitively exceeds my expectations (none)
the patterns are very cool, and i like the overall design.
the one thing that worries mee tough is that one melee weapon bullet clearer. i hope it doesnt make the game too easy or ininteresting.
Rob

Post by Rob »

The vagrant wrote:homura definitively exceeds my expectations (none)
the patterns are very cool, and i like the overall design.
the one thing that worries mee tough is that one melee weapon bullet clearer. i hope it doesnt make the game too easy or ininteresting.
Haha, exactly to all. This looks to really kick the style up a notch. Psyvariar 2 really lacked any visual appeal (aside from bullet patterns), and the actual levels pre-boss were hardly ever that packed. I've never liked bullet swiping either, but I'm sure I'd buy it if it's released.

The Milestone game looks blah.
raiden

Post by raiden »

Homura reminds me VERY much of Vasara. The style, the bullet-wiping blade, the blood, the setting... only with 10 times as many bullets and bland 3d backgrounds instead of the detailed Vasara graphics. Patterns are nice, but similar to Psyvariar, this game doesn´t seem to be particularly about dodging, which makes all those elaborate patterns rather pointless.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Wow. I wonder if most employees at Cave are really sexually frustrated individuals who were stung by bees a lot as kids.

In any case, Rajirugi looks pretty sweet, IMO-more traditional, along the lines of Trizeal.

Yay for more Dreamcast ports!! :D
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
drohne

Post by drohne »

homura looks awesome. from the video, it seems centered on dodging bullets rather than buzzing them or reflecting them or whatever...am i missing something? there is the bullet-reflecting sword, but it didn't look like a central mechanic. i hope it gets ported.

i haven't seen the ibara video yet, but a cave shooter that takes after battle garegga is almost too good to be true. i don't care for the espgaluda pastel look or the prominently featured anime girls, but that's trivial. i think i'll die if it stays in japanese arcades and i never get to play it. :(

don't know what to make of senkou no ronde, but it has the potential to be really cool, and i loved border down.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

I have a suspicion Homura is going to do great in japanese arcades. Might as well call it Shikigami No Shiro III

Heh, I'm thinking maybe I should have voted for Homura in the poll :wink:

We all know Ibara will be good but my expectations for it were probably unreasonably high after the "OMG Cave + Raizing!!1!1one" info started rolling in... and that video clip was very blurry, so it's hardly showing the game at its best so too early to say any more right now.

Rajirugi/Radirgy looked slightly better in motion than the bizzare early screenshots, but still about as unappealing a shmup as I've seen.

Senko No Ronde looks absolutely badass though. Like what R-Type Final's AI versus mode should have been. But a game like this is just screaming out for Xbox Live... of course the chances of that happening are nil.

Whoever posted those vidcam captures from the AOM show deserves a big thanks from us.
Blue Lander

Post by Blue Lander »

Ghegs wrote:

Certainly not what I was thinking. To me it seemed like Shikigami meets Psyvariar with a cool bullet-nullifying melee attack from Gunbird thrown in.
Damnit! I'm getting all of these Japanese names confused. The one I meant to say looked like Twinbee was Radi-AC. Take a look at that one and tell me it doesn't remind you of Detana Twinbee!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Just posted this mini Gameplay System speculation for Ibara at Click-Stick's forum, based on the screens and video released by various sources thus far:
  • Shot appears to powered up Bakraid style as opposed to Garegga style - one powerup equals one level of shot
  • Options are collected one at a time, for a max of three (one on each side, and one behind)
  • Option formations cannot be changed (no more Tail formation :/)
  • Options themselves can have a variety of different weapons depending on the Option icon you pick up. I spotted fiveway Wide, Straight Missiles, and a variant on Garegga's Fixed Homing Options thus far
  • The Special Bomb is a one shot, fast moving flame wave similar to an upgraded Silver Sword's Napalm in Garegga. The Weapon nullifies all bullets in the blast range, as well as converting "stuff" into what appears to be score items - are these the rose medals that were mentioned in a 2ch post on Ibara a while ago?
  • the Special Bomb is powered up via Bomb Fragments like much of Raizing's other shmups. I didn't see the player in the video use the Bomb in any other form than a full attack, so I'm not certain if you can expend a short attack like in Garegga/Bakraid/Batrider
  • When you die, after a pretty long (for a shmup) death explosion, you release Raizing-like shrapnel outwards. The shrapnel does damage to anything it touches and nullifies bullets.
The first stage looks pretty rock for... well... a first stage. More bullets than usual, and the first boss had some mean looking attacks going on. Looks like a pretty easy game to get into, but very deep with the "bomb for score items" mechanic.

My fingers are crossed for a book of Ibara artwork somewhere down the line. :) But for now, I'd be content with a high res flyer scan :D Or an MP3 of one of the BGM in the game.

Speaking of BGM, anyone know who is lined up for Ibara?
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

Blue Lander wrote:
Ghegs wrote:

Damnit! I'm getting all of these Japanese names confused. The one I meant to say looked like Twinbee was Radi-AC. Take a look at that one and tell me it doesn't remind you of Detana Twinbee!
I thought you were being ironic.
Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Homura looks awesome, if not very reminiscent of Shikigami

Ibara doesn't really interest me, could never get into Raizing's stuff

Radiaruji, unless theres some cool gameplay mechanic I haven't noticed, looks like crap, and this is coming from someone who is looking foward to Trizeal.
Good luck or cry.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Hmmm...judging by the images so far, it would seem that an underlying plot element of Ibara is that the Rose sisters (or whatever their official title is) are not only trying to take over the world, but to force everyone on Earth, even the fat hairy guys, to wear a selection of their theatrical brand of lingerie and to keep it fully visible at all times.

Forget invading aliens and god-computers gone haywire: if ever there was a mission that needed completing, this is it.

:mrgreen:
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

that last vid link for Ibara wasn't working for me. can i find it elsewhere? cause i really want to see it move.

edit: figured it out, i had to copy and paste the URL into Media Player

and man after watching the movie, Ibara looks FUN!!! here's me hoping it gets a home-port, so i can actually play it.
I have no sig whatsoever.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Why are Rajirugi's graphics considered sub-par simply because they are of a different graphical style? That hardly makes sense. I have the video of this shmup downloaded, and I certainly hope that it gets a DC port, because it looks pretty fun-and in the final analysis that's what shmups (or any other genre of video games, for that matter) are about.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

I know its been said many, many times in this and other posts, but you just can't hear it enough, it sounds so yummy...

Ibara certainly lets us know where some of the Raizing staff have surfaced. I was crying tears of joy whilst watching that blurry movie. :P

Even through that fog you can see the Raizing explosions, the "napalm bomb", and the spinning turrets. Did ya'll catch how fast that last turret was spinning there just before they encountered the boss. Absolutely blew my mind. So...much...action...and this is stage 1? :shock: 8)
TVG

Re: Lots of Click-Stick updates! New movies, pics from AOU!

Post by TVG »

the stage two rajirugi vid looked pretty good.
until the dude went crazy with the shield.
i THINK the game is going to be lame, a shield every 2 seconds seems weak. but well see.
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

Is it just me or is the cosplay model with the red stockings (yumm, btw) the same girl that cosplayed as Reko for Mushihime??? I would bet money that it is the same girl. I will have to ask click if he thinks they are one in the same...
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

^ Pictures would be appreciated. I thought the outfit was cute to the point that I would flat out faint in the middle of the street if I saw her dressed that way. According to my friend, a lot of Japanese girls dress like that (super short skirt whohohohoh), so I guess I'd just have to make the trip. Though, I fear I may not make it back.

Edit: My friend also said there's a ton of hentai-watching businessmen on the train next to five year olds and their mums. Keep your eyes closed for those.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
japtor

Post by japtor »

gunbird18 wrote:Is it just me or is the cosplay model with the red stockings (yumm, btw) the same girl that cosplayed as Reko for Mushihime??? I would bet money that it is the same girl. I will have to ask click if he thinks they are one in the same...
pretty sure its the same girl. hell its the first thing i thought when i saw those pictures. if you check the old mushi pics on clicks site, its looks pretty obvious. theres one pic where she even has the same hand gesture near her chin.

back to aou. im still interested most in senko no ronde, i used to be a fighter freak before i became a shooter freak, so i liked the concept from the start.
homura - turned off by the backgrounds of the stage. just seemed really plain and repetitive. and brown. i dont know, maybe its just the video. player character seems huge, but i figure it wont really be a problem, i thought the same of psyvariar 2 which ended up being fine in that regard.
ibara - dont like raizing games, but interested to see it in motion in good quality at least. looks like a crazy ass amount of debris and stuff all moving smoothly in the blurry video, cant wait to see a better video.
rajirugi (is there an easier spelling?) - looks interesting, want to see a better video of this too. anyone confirm whether its cel shaded or sprites yet? the small explosions look pretty ghetto in the video though, part of the theme perhaps. any details on the gameplay system of it yet?

and unrelated (well its at aou at least), but yay for mario kart arcade gp.
highlandcattle

Post by highlandcattle »

Rajirugi looks very stylised.
I cant see what you guys are raving about?That viddeo of Ibara looks way to blurry.
Homuro looks lie all the oher Skonec games pretty bad ,but you know they'll play lovely