Lots of Click-Stick updates! New movies, pics from AOU!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
qaotik

Post by qaotik »

gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

pretty sure its the same girl. hell its the first thing i thought when i saw those pictures. if you check the old mushi pics on clicks site, its looks pretty obvious. theres one pic where she even has the same hand gesture near her chin.
Thanks japtor! The only pic I could find was the one with her and the River Service guy. But I know which one you are talking about. Click had it at the top of his news page for quite a while and that is why her face is so familiar. I saw it every day I went to click's site.

Radi-AC (this is what we are calling it, right?) looks good enough to me. I would buy it for whatever console it happens to come out on, DC or PS2.

I will still claim that Ibara will blow us away when we get some good movies of it. The amount of explosions and onscreen action was astounding even in that blurry vid. Have faith shmuppers, this one is going to rock.
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

What depresses me is that these games are going to come out and I'll probably not get to play them for absolute ages.

I cant afford buying them ouitright and PS2 ports will be rare and/or unlikely to surface within a year. It's almost enough to make you just sod off to Japan for an "extended" holiday.
gunbird18

Post by gunbird18 »

I know how you are feelin freddie. It was depressing me so much back when they were releasing DDP:DOJ, ESPGaluda, and XII Stag that I finally broke down and sold my US PS2 and several good non-shmup games to get a Japanese PS2.

So glad i did it. WELL WORTH IT IMO!
system11

Post by system11 »

I think Homura looks interesting, but I'm a big fan of Psyvariar 2 and Success. Ibara does look /VERY/ Raizing and a little bit Raidenish as people have said.

Looks like 2005 might be a pretty good year for shmups if this bunch are anything to go by - and there's Shiki 3 on it's way too!

Also, I hope these all go straight to the PS2 after the arcades, whether you like the system or not, the number of shmups it's starting to build up (and of course, it can play the ps1 ones too) are making it the current shmupbox of choice. Gigawing Generations (type X of course, along with several of the new games) hopefully hints at this actually happening.
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

japtor wrote:rajirugi (is there an easier spelling?)
"Radiology"?
Defcon 5

Post by Defcon 5 »

Yeah this "Guest" on the click-stick forum is very interessting, MAYBE it's Cave employee ;)
Check out my Shooter Videos
icepick

Post by icepick »

Stormwatch wrote:
japtor wrote:rajirugi (is there an easier spelling?)
"Radiology"?
That couldn't be, since the "gi" is pronounced with a hard G sound, as in "golf" -- right?

I myself thought that Homura looked pretty fantastic. I feel as though I've mentioned that elsewhere. Even though it probably has little in common, it reminded me of Psyvariar 2 with all of the panning and sweeping around the level. Very cool, IMO. There's probably a game where stuff actually leaps out of the background at you, which would be neat to see. I need to stop mentioning OT things like that.
\\ /\/\ \
Ord

Post by Ord »

click-stick has a new video of Homura (stage 2) up as well as an audio sound capture from Ibara.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

hahaha that midboss from stage 2 of homura made me giggle! i want it so bad. i'll say it again, home port!
I have no sig whatsoever.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Homura..I'm diggin' it, and I want it. A May release is set for Ibara, with a rough $2300 price tag.
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

The guest is probably just some Japanese guy who went to AOU and has decent English skills.

As for radio-allergy (or whatever it's called) I officially eat my words. So it's not a cellphone game - the battery indicator is actually the life stock it seems. But I still think its looks might be a bad idea. Zelda-Wind Waker was a real achievement in both the animation and the gameplay, but a lot of people discounted it immediately because it was cel-shaded - and although shmupsfans aren't exactly cut from the same cloth, it could have an effect. (And no, I'm not looking to debate Wind Waker - just an example on graphics->sales.)
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Defcon 5 wrote:Yeah this "Guest" on the click-stick forum is very interessting, MAYBE it's Cave employee ;)
If it was a Cave employee he wouldn't be uploading crystal clear clips from his competitors and a blurry one of Ibara :wink:
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

I will second that Rajirugi/Radiology is looking MUCH nicer and very manic. It also looks like there isn't any absorb gimmick so far, the only "gimmick" seems to be the sword so far.

Too bad we still just have the blurry vid of Ibara but I guess beggars can't be choosers and we'll get another one sooner than later.

Also, thanks to Recap for this bit of info:
Ibara is the 3rd most popular AOU video-game, according to the organization itself: http://www.am-j.co.jp/column/aou2005/data01.html
Excellent news. Pretty darn good for a shooter considering Sega's Sangokushi Taisen was 1 and Namco's Mario Kart arcade rev was 2. Maybe this will highten chances for a home port.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

OK, according to river service Ibara will cost apprx 248,000 yen. Assuming I'm crazy enough to buy it how much is that in USD? And does anyone have a link to a simple but reliable money conversion site so I don't have to ask this anymore? Thanx.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

I looked into buying it today..shipped to my door will be $2370. So river service is right on the money.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

DantesInferno wrote:I looked into buying it today..shipped to my door will be $2370. So river service is right on the money.
Good grief! It aint happening now. :(

Man, PCBs have gone up in price. IIRC Progear was not much more than $600 back in 2001 around the time of its release.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

When hasn't Success ported one of their games to a console? So it's basically a given Homura will get a PS2-release.
U K Narayan

Post by U K Narayan »

Dylan1CC wrote:Excellent news. Pretty darn good for a shooter considering Sega's Sangokushi Taisen was 1 and Namco's Mario Kart arcade rev was 2. Maybe this will highten chances for a home port.
A home port. . . Ah. . . One can only dream. :cry:

I could go for some Espgaluda, Mushihimesama, and Ibara in one full package stateside alright. :cry:
Approach your target and attack! Your mission starts now! ARE YOU READY!?
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I like the graphics of Rajirugi!
The character in the corner is so cute, looking around, and those smoke puff explosions are cute too!!

And yes, those Ibara character designs and cosplayers look deeeelicious :9 ..as does the rest of the game!
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

Looking at all these games, I'm most excited for Rajiurgi. Then Senko no Ronde. The games I like are the ones I have a chance of playing soon, both of those games have a good chance of a DC port, Rajiurgi might even see a GameCube port.

I don't think it's just that though. I guess I appreciate that their doing something different. Ibara looks cool, but really, it looks like it's typical Cave manicness dressed up like a Raizing game. I'm still skeptical. Granted, I have no idea about the gameplay of Rajiurgi, but I really dig the graphical stylings. And I have some reservations about Senko no Ronde, will a shmup/fighting game hybrid really work? I'm not sure, but it's got my interest piqued.

Besides the cool Gothic setting and all the blood, I can't honestly say Homura looks to have so much going for it.

But I'm planning to eat all my words in a few months.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

alpha5099 wrote:Rajiurgi might even see a GameCube port.
True, that would actually make some kind of sense. Rajirurgi wouldn't really look out of place alongside Nintendo games and might even sell there.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Senko no ronde reminded me a bit of Psychic Force 2012, but on a 2D plane... maybe like Gunspike crossed with Psychic Force..

...I'm still swooning over those cosplayers though, especially the one for Midi... too bad THEY'RE never seeing a home port (not in my home, at any rate) :\
japtor

Post by japtor »

And does anyone have a link to a simple but reliable money conversion site so I don't have to ask this anymore?
well if youre talking about yen -> us dollar, theres the really ghetto approximate way i use, just move the decimal over 2 spots to the left.
otherwise search google for 'currency conversion' and youll get a bunch.
Man, PCBs have gone up in price. IIRC Progear was not much more than $600 back in 2001 around the time of its release.
sure about that? and if so, was that the japanese or american release? only asking that last question cause japan seems to get shafted on prices compared to the us. either way the price will probably fall quite a bit in a few years.
ill nab mushi at $300 one day, maybe 4-500 if i get magically rich (actually if i get rich ill just drop the $2k for the full kit), but 300 is my psychological money barrier apparently. i love ketsui. doj may be in my relatively near future. possibly galuda by the end of the year. yet im too cheap for a modded ps2, go figure. or just put it all off for a while depending how much i can get a new astro city panel for.

wish ronde (and any other sorta multi directional games, zero gunner 2, cannon spike, etc) could be played vertically. without switching some joystick wires around at least, just some horizontal tate mode control switch like thing. in reverse. yeah i should just get a 2nd cab.
icepick

Post by icepick »

iatneH wrote:I like the graphics of Rajirugi!
The character in the corner is so cute, looking around, and those smoke puff explosions are cute too!!
I thought the same thing, about the explosions! :)

(Well, the word "cute" didn't actually materialize in my head, but, that's pretty much what they are.) I didn't notice what you mentioned about the character looking around, though, so I'll have to check that out.
Thunder Force wrote:Rajirurgi wouldn't really look out of place alongside Nintendo games and might even sell there.
Hey, that's a good point. Maybe there'll be extra options to change the size, speed, and frequency of bullets, to further make the stereotypical Nintendo demographic feel right at home (speaking as someone that isn't a toddler, really appreciates the simplicity and style of Nintendo games, and really wants to get a GCN). :lol:
japtor wrote:wish ronde (and any other sorta multi directional games, zero gunner 2, cannon spike, etc) could be played vertically. without switching some joystick wires around at least, just some horizontal tate mode control switch like thing.
You'd think that it would be pretty easy to do... But, I'm sure that there's some sort of "art direction" issue involved. Maybe they could include such an option for fun in a home port, but, they most likely want the game to be... er... yoko-only in arcades. Your 'joystick wire switch' sounds like it could be worthwhile, though. Hmm...
\\ /\/\ \
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

japtor wrote:
And does anyone have a link to a simple but reliable money conversion site so I don't have to ask this anymore?
well if youre talking about yen -> us dollar, theres the really ghetto approximate way i use, just move the decimal over 2 spots to the left.
otherwise search google for 'currency conversion' and youll get a bunch.
sure about that? and if so, was that the japanese or american release? only asking that last question cause japan seems to get shafted on prices compared to the us. either way the price will probably fall quite a bit in a few years.
ill nab mushi at $300 one day, maybe 4-500 if i get magically rich (actually if i get rich ill just drop the $2k for the full kit), but 300 is my psychological money barrier apparently. i love ketsui. doj may be in my relatively near future. possibly galuda by the end of the year. yet im too cheap for a modded ps2, go figure. or just put it all off for a while depending how much i can get a new astro city panel for.

wish ronde (and any other sorta multi directional games, zero gunner 2, cannon spike, etc) could be played vertically. without switching some joystick wires around at least, just some horizontal tate mode control switch like thing. in reverse. yeah i should just get a 2nd cab.
Thanks for the ghetto-yen conversion methos. :P

And perhaps the $600 price was if you specially ordered the U.S. kit from that gal at Capcom...
system11

Post by system11 »

After seeing lvl2 of Homura, this is the one I'll be watching the closest. Of course since we get few new games in the UK, I'll be more looking for prospective PS2 release dates!
PC Engine Fan X!

Head on over to xe.com site for JPN yen conversion to USD $

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Dylan1CC wrote:OK, according to river service Ibara will cost apprx 248,000 yen. Assuming I'm crazy enough to buy it how much is that in USD? And does anyone have a link to a simple but reliable money conversion site so I don't have to ask this anymore? Thanx.
If you head on to the money conversion site http://www.xe.com
and select the option to convert Japanese yen amount to US Dollars, you'll find out just exactly how much 248,000 yen is worth at the day's current foreign money rates.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
BUHA

Post by BUHA »

I think that radirugi or whatever it's called looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, from what I've seen of the videos. I like the graphics, too.

I dont even want to know about Ibara. There's no way I'll ever get to play it unless it goes to mame somehow. :(
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Thanks, X!
BUHA wrote:I think that radirugi or whatever it's called looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, from what I've seen of the videos. I like the graphics, too.

I dont even want to know about Ibara. There's no way I'll ever get to play it unless it goes to mame somehow. :(
Agreed on Rajirugi. As I said before, it has turned out to be a very manic shooter with a graphical style that makes me glad I picked up JGR again. :)

There may be hope for Ibara, it was the 3rd most popular game at the show which may help generate some buzz for it. Come on...Mushihime, Ibara, Raiden III, GWG on PS2...pleeeeaaase.