Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
KAI

Re: Radirgy S

Post by KAI »

I missed the stream were they announced the ost of BOR and gave more info about SWAG, but they revealed the game to be a Switch thing on twitter

https://twitter.com/rs34_kouhou/status/ ... 8453350400
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Here's hoping for a physical release, so I don't have to mess around with dual-region accounts and all that.
KAI

Post by KAI »

RS34 finally uploaded some gameplay footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC94LkKvLxg

>no Shizuru
>shit perspective
>health bar (?)

Rip my love for milestone 3.0

2019 - Y2000 - DL only
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

KAI wrote:RS34 finally uploaded some gameplay footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC94LkKvLxg
For a moment there I thought it was April 1st again.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Problem with that angle is that it really makes everything look too flat and ugly, like the models were not designed to be viewed that way. The 2D icons also particularly suffer. What a misstep.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

What do you mean "no Shizuru"? I clearly saw her in the teaser, she's gotta show up eventually...
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Perspective looks really bad I have to agree. Crossing fingers that they end up changing it?
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

The unfitting isometric perspective is the one they have stuck with since the 3DS games, so there's no chance they'll make a last minute change, unfortunately.
It could have somewhat made sense on the 3DS, but none of those games even had the stereoscopic effect programmed in so why they keep using it is beyond me.

Judging from the footage, Radirgy Swag doesn't seem to have a classic arcade structure either (not that recent Milestone games had one anyway). There's a distance counter on the right, and a bunch of bars to level up on the left, so maybe it's more of a survival game or something?

Also, the scrolling is way too fast. @_@
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

The player's mech keeps disappearing into the enemy ships. This can't be footage of the final product...
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

KAI wrote: Rip my love for milestone 3.0
I was really looking forward to see what this would be! And yeah, from what I saw in that video it doesn't look good.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

In attempts to find a silver lining, it always seemed a big wish amongst the Milestone fanbase was for Radirgy to have Karous' weapon leveling, and it appears that wish has been granted(?)
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Welp. I pretty much lost all hope with this one. Taking Shizuru Kamigusa out of the picture and the poor gameplay pretty much destroyed my expectations.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

I'm really not seeing what everyone's freaking out about. The perspective looks weird compared to other games, but pretty readable. Pretty much nothing negative about gameplay can be discerned from this short clip, especially since this is a MileStone game. That price is also pretty crazy, considering they were doing full price retail releases before. I like MileStone when most won't, but I think the MS cult needs to chill out a bit.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

I agree with Despatche on this.

The only thing that would make me really sad was if it came out exclusively for something like the Switch. :?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I think I pretty much lost the will to live when I found out that only Tadayo Aita would be returning and not Shizuru Kamigusa. That would be like having Super Mario Bros. without Mario or Street Fighter without Ryu.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Blasphemy, but I guess Tadayo was more marketable to them.

We'll always have the original's eyecatches.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

cj iwakura wrote:Blasphemy, but I guess Tadayo was more marketable to them.

We'll always have the original's eyecatches.
You're damn right it's blasphemy.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Curious to see how this turns out. I don't have any problems with that weird perspective. I fact, it seems like a logical move if you want to fit the game on a horizontal screen. I'm not so optimistic about the gameplay, though. Noa was underwhelming compared to the first game. I hope they get their act together.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

So... Did anyone investigate?

I actually tried to, but I guess my cc doesn't do Japanese transactions :roll:
So much for some blind support... Well, I tried. Was anyone more successful?
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:So... Did anyone investigate?

I actually tried to, but I guess my cc doesn't do Japanese transactions :roll:
So much for some blind support... Well, I tried. Was anyone more successful?
Play-Asia has Japanese Eshop cards.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

That's exactly what I ended up doing.
I only got to spend about 15 minutes with it, so I'm going to reserve any judgments, comments, or impressions other than it's... interesting...
Logge1002

Post by Logge1002 »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:That's exactly what I ended up doing.
I only got to spend about 15 minutes with it, so I'm going to reserve any judgments, comments, or impressions other than it's... interesting...
Would love to hear your impressions. still not sure if I should get it.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Well, I can say this much thus far, my inability to read the Japanese language definitely seems to be a pretty sizable detriment.

As far as I can tell, that laundry list on the left side of the screen is a list of goals, some of which are supposed to be achieved in order. Which is difficult when you can't tell what they are. I've noticed that items on the top of the list will often flash red, then get yanked away, seeming to indicate that I failed to achieve whatever it was asking.

Also, it seems the only way I'm able to get my multiplier up is by parking my shield on larger enemies, which they don't give you many of. I've also yet to encounter a boss...

With all this said, I do feel inspired to continue poking around on it when I get more time.

EDIT:

I wouldn't be able to pass a test on what is happening, but I'm climbing the leaderboard, so I'm doing something right. And more importantly, I'm doing it with a smile on my face.

Hey you guys, this game is fun...
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:
Hey you guys, this game is fun...
Huzzah!
Logge1002

Post by Logge1002 »

I just got the game and on my fourth try I managed to make it through the game. I basically broke the complete game in 9 minutes. If you manage to only get red triangles you can full combo through the entire game and that might be the most satisfying thing I have ever experienced. Amazing shmup.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

oh man I wasn't paying attention to the release date....

I need this and will download when I get home
a creature... half solid half gas
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

Yoooooo

Cranking to multiplier up to x64 in the first stage gets A LOT of bullets flying.

I havent played since after noa massive released on 360, but this feels good (and more difficult?)
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I've been inching my score up, but I've been plummeting on the leaderboard. So obviously, there are scoring opportunities I'm totally missing. Also, it seems my sole multiplier increase method (parking on large enemies) drains my health. Not the 20% a bullet hit drains you, but more like 3-5%. Meaning it's only totally safe to do while ABS is activated. I guess they implemented this to keep people from just shielding through the entire game. But it's been keeping my score down until I figure out something else...
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

3-5% aint bad when you can just recoup it on the green powerups tho. Might be worth it for the scoring opportunity(?)

I'm having trouble keeping my chain even though that's an issue I've always had. That instruction sheet translated might help :P