Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ms. Tea

Re: Radirgy S

Post by Ms. Tea »

Today’s as supposed to be the day that Game Paradise customers got their digital codes, but it’s been delayed indefinitely because of “back end issues”. Honestly, this should have been the very easiest thing for them to deliver on and the deadline is one they set themselves as a part of their “make things right” demonstration. Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I don't know if this is sad or frightening, but if you look at the replies to the twitter posts they haven't deleted, there's a good number of them saying "Since a lot of people have canceled their orders, are those copies now available? And if so, how do I get one?"

!!
!!!
!!!!

People are inquiring on how to give them more money!! And folks still have the gaul to ask me why the collectors market depresses me deeply.

"Wow, you robbed all these people? Can you rob me next? Please?"
Samuray

Post by Samuray »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:I don't know if this is sad or frightening, but if you look at the replies to the twitter posts they haven't deleted, there's a good number of them saying "Since a lot of people have canceled their orders, are those copies now available? And if so, how do I get one?"

!!
!!!
!!!!

People are inquiring on how to give them more money!! And folks still have the gaul to ask me why the collectors market depresses me deeply.

"Wow, you robbed all these people? Can you rob me next? Please?"

Well, personally I wouldn't order any of their stuff either but I guess those people are just feeling more optimistic about Dispatch than those who canceled. And you know what, I think they're right. I would bet good money on it that in the end, Dispatch will indeed deliver their games. Whenever that will be.
Still, their business practices are atrocious and shouldn't be supported at all.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:I don't know if this is sad or frightening, but if you look at the replies to the twitter posts they haven't deleted, there's a good number of them saying "Since a lot of people have canceled their orders, are those copies now available? And if so, how do I get one?"
Maybe I'm just too cynical at this point, but I'm honestly half-tempted to suspect that those comments are fake; I can't imagine very many of the people who would be interested in these games in the first place aren't already well aware of the situation, if not themselves frustrated at the endless wait for their existing orders if they somehow indeed haven't canceled by now.

Also, maybe I missed something in the interim since I resolved not to order from them again after their customer service ghosted me back in the Psyvariar days, but while their releases were obviously not going to have large print runs, were any of them actually advertised as a limited run, with only a certain amount of copies available? If preorders were not limited in the first place, why would people suddenly be acting like they are?
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

I sure hope the play-asia release has English text, because if so, screw those guys.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

If preorders were not limited in the first place, why would people suddenly be acting like they are?

Even though the pre-orders were open for, christ... two years? They're closed now (plus, they had a 'waitlist' open after the pre-orders, but now that's closed too)
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

cj iwakura wrote:I sure hope the play-asia release has English text, because if so, screw those guys.
Unfortunately I wouldn't count on it. The Japanese digital version hasn't gotten the translation either, and I can't see the 2-in-1 pack having English if the standalone digital one didn't get it.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Play-Asia also has Dispatch's version on it's site as a pre-order. It has a placeholder date of Aug 31st.
Spoiler
It's not going to be released on Aug 31st
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

dis·patch
/dəˈspaCH/
verb

send off to a destination or for a purpose.

deal with (a task, problem, or opponent) quickly and efficiently.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Play-Asia also has Dispatch's version on it's site as a pre-order. It has a placeholder date of Aug 31st.
Spoiler
It's not going to be released on Aug 31st
Still probably going to come quicker from Play-Asia, I bet.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Rastan78 wrote:dis·patch
/dəˈspaCH/
verb

send off to a destination or for a purpose.

deal with (a task, problem, or opponent) quickly and efficiently.
Ha!

i•ron•y ī′rə-nē, ī′ər-
n. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
n. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

I figure we're overdue for something positive in this thread, so thought I'd mention - I picked up the Swag soundtrack on vinyl, and it's fantastic. Even all the incidental music for stuff like Tadayo's room is great, and the stage themes are great too. Definitely up there with the previous games. Now I'm excited to see how they fit in with the game...

The packaging is *gorgeous* too. Beautifully printed inner sleeve and creatively presented liner notes. Nice enough I'm sure some people who don't have record players would want it just for the art, but this is a record that wants to be played. It does come with a download code but unfortunately it's for the vinyl version of the OST, so it's missing a few tracks that are on the CD.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I'm glad. The Swag ost isn't my fave tbh, but rs34 took the trouble (and expense) to do a real vinyl master instead of just pressing the .3gp files as-is. So I'm glad that people are -- y'know -- listening to it, rather than refusing to break the shrink.

Dispatch's press on the other hand... I mean, I haven't heard it (no one has, but that's another story...). But it's a cheap press with an in-house master. "Built for the collector's market" as they say (not for people that actually use it)
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:So I'm glad that people are -- y'know -- listening to it, rather than refusing to break the shrink.
Yeah I'm always worried nice stuff like this will get treated like a collectible to stash away instead of a thing to use. But records should be listened to.
But it's a cheap press with an in-house master. "Built for the collector's market" as they say (not for people that actually use it)
I hate to give them credit for anything but IIRC when they posted the English art for the vinyl it credited the same mastering engineer as the Japanese version. Of course I can't confirm that anymore since they wiped almost every image they ever posted to social media, so. Who knows at this point.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I hate to give them credit for anything but IIRC when they posted the English art for the vinyl it credited the same mastering engineer as the Japanese version. Of course I can't confirm that anymore since they wiped almost every image they ever posted to social media, so. Who knows at this point.

I will (gladly) stand corrected. I know Dispatch went to a cheapie press, and assumed the whole operation was as such. But I suppose if RS34 was footing the bill for the master anyway, it would be most expedient to just send a copy to GZ (not that expedience matters to Dispatch, but y'know) for the US press.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The Shmups Twitter recently linked to an apology from City Connection concerning the ongoing delays with Game Paradise, and it says Dispatch will be announcing something relevant soon. Guess we'll see...
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

If only they could also localize GUNBare! Game Tengoku 2 also... And maybe give us a Game Tengoku 3...
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Dispatch Games is a partner that handles our game titles in North America, and we have no capital relationship with them

Well, that explains what happened with the Game Paradise codes they promised.

"Gee, I really screwed up. Can I have about 1000 Game Paradise digital codes to tide these people over so they don't sue me???"

"No"
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Not judging, just curious, but does anyone actually like Game Paradise? The retro arcade aesthetic is great, but the game itself is a frustrating and unbalanced mess imho.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

I feel sorry for City Connection. Feels like Dispatch are throwing them under the bus by sharing that message when it doesn't seem like CC had any role in the delays at all.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Dispatch Games is a partner that handles our game titles in North America, and we have no capital relationship with them

Well, that explains what happened with the Game Paradise codes they promised.

"Gee, I really screwed up. Can I have about 1000 Game Paradise digital codes to tide these people over so they don't sue me???"

"No"
I've got games on Switch and always through Dispatch's claim of getting codes sounded a bit off. This isn't Steam. On Switch you get 100 codes per region from Nintendo. Anything over that you literally have to pay Nintendo for. I don't see how Dispatch is ever going to get those codes with no funds.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Here we go again...
Dispatch Games wrote:Game Paradise Download Codes

We have finally been able to address the backend issues and we will be able to start sending out the download code bonus for all customers who have Pre-Ordered The Game Paradise.

E-mails will start going out TONIGHT.

Codes will be sent in the order that pre-orders were placed. There are a LOT of e-mails for the team to send, so keep an eye on your inbox!

We will have further updates on the physical release next week. We appreciate your continued patience.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Has anyone received a code yet?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I just got my code earlier this morning. It's downloading as I type this.

It should be noted that my main reason for buying physical is to reduce the amount of stuff sitting on the system's internal memory... which this directly countermands... but so be it.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Well, they delivered something. It wasn't something that anybody paid for. but it was something...
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

I had no idea about this saga until I got the email this morning and searched for a thread here.

Didn't know these guys were this questionable, I'd just learned to be patient around all this stuff. Email contained this line:

We are unable to replace any codes once they have been sent, so please redeem your code soon!

Made sure to go download it right away. Never assumed some grand operation, but this sounds like a guy operating out of a bedroom at this point. Would not have shocked me if I'd gone to download it later and got a "Sorry, this code has already been redeemed" message or something.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Sengoku Strider wrote:Would not have shocked me if I'd gone to download it later and got a "Sorry, this code has already been redeemed" message or something.
That happened to at least one person! https://twitter.com/SDF_Macross77/statu ... 6254477320 Judging from what they've said on their Twitter, it looks like all these emails went out by hand - which would explain why it took so long to send.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Ms. Tea wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote:Would not have shocked me if I'd gone to download it later and got a "Sorry, this code has already been redeemed" message or something.
That happened to at least one person! https://twitter.com/SDF_Macross77/statu ... 6254477320 Judging from what they've said on their Twitter, it looks like all these emails went out by hand - which would explain why it took so long to send.
That...I hate to see that. Even as I went straight to download it I was thinking "Probably not going to be a problem, but just in case..." The "our team has to send out a lot of emails" message shows that they - if there is more than one guy at this point - don't know how to work a spreadsheet and automate processes like this. Hopefully it is just manual error and not a shady situation where they're trying to stretch 1000 codes across 1200 customers, banking that a certain percentage won't bother.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

I did get my code and it worked! I am surprised this went through, I can only hope that means our actually physical copies will ship, one day?
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Jonpachi wrote:Not judging, just curious, but does anyone actually like Game Paradise? The retro arcade aesthetic is great, but the game itself is a frustrating and unbalanced mess imho.
Yep, I think it's a lot of fun.

And you'd think companies would realize that partnering with a group that consistently mishandles things is a bad look. Falcom realized that with NISA and made them apology for the Ys VIII localization debacle.